Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   New toys for the Balt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/new-toys-balt-74999/)

OzzyruleZ 09-06-2007 09:01 AM

New toys for the Balt

Well tomorrow morning when i get off work, I will be heading to the dealer to get my GMPP manifold and Performance Catback installed. Tonight is gonna be a long night.... and i have a sneaking suspicion i will be using a lot of gas this weekend ;)

OrngBalt 09-06-2007 09:12 AM

Why not install it yourself?

blown06SS 09-06-2007 09:19 AM

There's nothing like flooring your vehicle just to hear your exhaust every two mins!:lol: Try to get a soundclip and let us know if you feel any difference with the manifold and cat back.

OzzyruleZ 09-06-2007 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt (Post 1417483)
Why not install it yourself?

i'm lazy and she's going for an oil change and my friend is a tech at the dealer so i get the oil change for cheaper than i can do it myself, so while its on the rack he's gonna thow that parts on.

Originally Posted by blown06SS
There's nothing like flooring your vehicle just to hear your exhaust every two mins! Try to get a soundclip and let us know if you feel any difference with the manifold and cat back.

i'll see what i can do for you.

oh you guys aren't even gonna believe this, my buddy just called and told me they just found someone with a manifold and it won't be in till monday or tuesday!! damn it man, no fun for me this weekend!!!! i ordered the parts last week!!! man my weekend is ruined already

R&C_rallySS 09-06-2007 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ (Post 1417516)
i'm lazy and she's going for an oil change and my friend is a tech at the dealer so i get the oil change for cheaper than i can do it myself, so while its on the rack he's gonna thow that parts on.

oh you guys aren't even gonna believe this, my buddy just called and told me they just found someone with a manifold and it won't be in till monday or tuesday!! damn it man, no fun for me this weekend!!!! i ordered the parts last week!!! man my weekend is ruined already

Sorry to hear that man. That kind of stuff always happens to me....:cussing:
Don't worry once its all done it will be well worth the wait. Did you get the touring exhaust or the sport?

OzzyruleZ 09-06-2007 10:32 AM

Yeah, its gonna make for a long weekend. I've been fighting with myself whether to buy them or not for about 2 months, finally convinced myself to get them and i get to wait some more! I went with the sport exhaust it like the raspier sound it has, i'm hoping it sound even better in person than in the audio file, not that it sounded bad. I'm really curious to see how the manifold and exhaust combo sound.

PlaysWitCars 09-06-2007 10:48 AM

enjoy the rumble haha

blown06SS 09-06-2007 11:17 AM

I got the sport catback and i love the way it sounds! You wont be dissapointed. I'm curious though if the manifold will make any difference.

PlaysWitCars 09-06-2007 11:25 AM

i had that manifold for like 2months and got rid of it due to the fact i didnt feel that big of an increase

Onyxd04Redline 09-06-2007 11:42 AM

I was going to ask why you wasted money on the items but fuck it. Do some research before you buy two products that yield shitty gains next time.

OzzyruleZ 09-06-2007 12:07 PM

its not so much gains i'm looking for, i'm going for all gmpp. with all gmpp parts i'm guaranteed no fitment issues and the stuff is designed to work ideally with the car. if i were going for gains i'd have a twin screw, turbo setup or nitrous.

however its an 07 and a daily driver. i want to spunk it up a little and keep my warranty as well as have minimal amounts of problems. so hows that for research? just because YOU feel they are shitty does not mean that i won't like them.

deuce 09-06-2007 01:15 PM

oh snap!!!!

PlaysWitCars 09-06-2007 01:43 PM

Blah warranty.....you start putting GMPP on and something breaks I can hear the dealership now saying well you abused the car.

OzzyruleZ 09-06-2007 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by PlaysWitCars (Post 1418307)
Blah warranty.....you start putting GMPP on and something breaks I can hear the dealership now saying well you abused the car.

nah i really don't have to worry about that so much, my buddy is the only tech that touches my car. that and i used to work there years ago the service manager loves me. they know how i treat my cars so i'm pretty much covered. hell i still get my employee discount there. another reason i went with gmpp parts. i get them at cost plus 10%

an0malous 09-06-2007 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline (Post 1417950)
I was going to ask why you wasted money on the items but fuck it. Do some research before you buy two products that yield shitty gains next time.

yeah your right. why put an exhaust on with dyno proven 10-12WHP gains....when you
could go ahead and put a 3 inch on and LOSE power!!!!!

wish id have thought of that.

betterthanbad 09-06-2007 08:42 PM

I did it for exactly the same reasons..................warrenty!!! I bought my parts from CED and had the dealer install here at home. No worrys for me. It saved money buying from the states also. I can tell you that although you have some gains, it's not going to launch you into space................I'll save that shit for when my lease is up and warrenty has ended to buy other stuff that's been tested by all on this website. I have pics of the install of stage 2, the gmpp manifold and performance cat-back in my gallery if you want to see. Had all installed at the dealer for no more than $300.00CAD in Toronto, Ontario, Canada!!!

05redline 09-06-2007 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous (Post 1419730)
yeah your right. why put an exhaust on with dyno proven 10-12WHP gains....when you
could go ahead and put a 3 inch on and LOSE power!!!!!

wish id have thought of that.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Yeah GM parts must not give any power at all.:rolleyes: Dumbass

OzzyruleZ 09-07-2007 08:03 AM

if i remember correctly i think i seen it posted somewhere on here that the manifold and exhaust netted like 20hp. not to bad, its not going to be a rocket ship or anything thing but at the same time i'm getting a killer deal and my dealer will back it 100% i personally think thats a fair trade.

PlaysWitCars 09-07-2007 09:31 AM

I raced my friend who had everything i had....our only difference was i had the GMPP header and he had the CA header....3rd gear he would pull away from me. Needless to say i ripped that header off the following weekend and put on CA's

But thats just my opinion about the GMPP header.

madmark 09-07-2007 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ (Post 1417516)

i did the same thing to my friends ss sc a couple of days ago. those 2 parts are not impressive at all

OzzyruleZ 09-07-2007 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by madmark (Post 1421895)
i did the same thing to my friends ss sc a couple of days ago. those 2 parts are not impressive at all

understandable, but like i said i'm not going for all out gains if that were the case i would already have some radical stuff under the hood. i'm not expecting 5 tenths off my quarter mile time or anything. a little extra pep, and a better sound, the warranty makes it nice too.

madmark 09-07-2007 03:45 PM

it sounds really freaken nice. im not a fan of the tip you get

SpectorV 09-07-2007 03:50 PM

for most boosted cars intake and exhasut give a pretty decent gain, I know on my car i picked up 40rwhp/tq from an intake and exhaust~ he cobalts seem to pick up about 20 so they have a better setup stock than I did but thats still darn good.

OzzyruleZ 09-14-2007 12:31 PM

well after more and more delays my goodies finally arrived! got them installed and i have to say, it sounds great. its a lot louder than stock but not annoying loud. the performance increase is noticeable. nothing spectacular but its definitely there. all in all i'm glad i got these.

joey26lil 09-14-2007 02:37 PM

sry to get off topic but i can get a brand new stage 2 kit w/install for only $465 usd. i know the service manager at my dealer