Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   Official TVS Thread!!! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/official-tvs-thread-275327/)

advise 06-14-2017 02:44 PM

is it bay picture day
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cob...5ef3762a64.jpg

chevygirl2006 06-14-2017 02:49 PM

2.3 pulley lol

jdbaugh1 06-14-2017 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by chevygirl2006 (Post 7652083)
2.3 pulley lol

I'm surprised the belt can even grip with that small of pulley.

chevygirl2006 06-14-2017 03:19 PM

That's insane.

advise 06-14-2017 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by chevygirl2006 (Post 7652092)
That's insane.

i have a 2.2 2.1 2.0 pulleys
belt doesnt slip on a 2.3 have yet to try the others

chevygirl2006 06-14-2017 03:28 PM

Guess you can do that with a built motor.

jdbaugh1 06-14-2017 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by advise (Post 7652097)
i have a 2.2 2.1 2.0 pulleys
belt doesnt slip on a 2.3 have yet to try the others

Did you have to machine the snout down? How often would you say does the supercharger need rebuilt or at least the needle bearings? I feel like mine hardly have any mileage on them with a 2.9" (maybe 15,000) pulley and my needle bearings are dried up and one side some rollers fell out when I removed the rotor pack. I was told it has nothing to do with my methanol injection. That is why I wonder someone spinning it as fast as you what kind of life you get. I still kind of think my methanol may have helped flush the grease out but hard to know for sure. I have a supercharger to IM spacer plate I was going to use but couldn't get any feedback on whether the mixture would be even to all cylinders if I inject there. It is the plate from ZZP with 2 threaded holes and I have 2X- 3GPH nozzles.

advise 06-14-2017 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 (Post 7652100)
Did you have to machine the snout down? How often would you say does the supercharger need rebuilt or at least the needle bearings? I feel like mine hardly have any mileage on them with a 2.9" (maybe 15,000) pulley and my needle bearings are dried up and one side some rollers fell out when I removed the rotor pack. I was told it has nothing to do with my methanol injection. That is why I wonder someone spinning it as fast as you what kind of life you get. I still kind of think my methanol may have helped flush the grease out but hard to know for sure. I have a supercharger to IM spacer plate I was going to use but couldn't get any feedback on whether the mixture would be even to all cylinders if I inject there. It is the plate from ZZP with 2 threaded holes and I have 2X- 3GPH nozzles.

I regrease them every season and im using 2 10gph nozzles to keep it cool
snout didnt have to be touched since the TVS pulleys dont extend over the snout
i did have to have a custom hub made to fit pulleys smaller then the 2.3

jdbaugh1 06-14-2017 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by advise (Post 7652106)
I regrease them every season and im using 2 10gph nozzles to keep it cool
snout didnt have to be touched since the TVS pulleys dont extend over the snout
i did have to have a custom hub made to fit pulleys smaller then the 2.3

Do you have a picture or anything of how much grease you use? Do you ever do anything to clean rotors or housing? It looks like you use your TB spacer for NOS and inject prior to TB plate?

I guess for now I will keep meth nozzles at TB as it seems more beneficial there to keep the SC cool as well. I also just want to take any steps necessary to keep from doing damage to my TVS.

advise 06-14-2017 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 (Post 7652107)
Do you have a picture or anything of how much grease you use? Do you ever do anything to clean rotors or housing? It looks like you use your TB spacer for NOS and inject prior to TB plate?

I guess for now I will keep meth nozzles at TB as it seems more beneficial there to keep the SC cool as well. I also just want to take any steps necessary to keep from doing damage to my TVS.

i just send it to zzp for 100$ last season can say how much they use
and ya nitrous has an increased effect if spayed pre blower

jdbaugh1 06-14-2017 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by advise (Post 7652110)
i just send it to zzp for 100$ last season can say how much they use
and ya nitrous has an increased effect if spayed pre blower

So ZZP will service your blower but they don't sell parts for them? Or did ZZP discontinue their TVS service? I contacted them recently when looking for new needle bearings and they said they didn't sell 1320 parts. I couldn't find them anywhere and had to buy them from Harrop out of Australia which is kind of silly because the actual bearings are made here. I would like to find somewhere closer I can actually get parts if anyone knows of any. Even if a group of us goes together on a buy or something.

advise 06-14-2017 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 (Post 7652111)
So ZZP will service your blower but they don't sell parts for them? Or did ZZP discontinue their TVS service? I contacted them recently when looking for new needle bearings and they said they didn't sell 1320 parts. I couldn't find them anywhere and had to buy them from Harrop out of Australia which is kind of silly because the actual bearings are made here. I would like to find somewhere closer I can actually get parts if anyone knows of any. Even if a group of us goes together on a buy or something.

not sure was about a year and a half ago

try these guys

Stiegemeier Porting Service

mezzanno 06-18-2017 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 (Post 7652100)

it has to do with water injection. 100% methanol won't do anything. Add water to the mix and problems start.

jdbaugh1 06-27-2017 03:55 PM

Someone let me know if there is a better place for this but I think it would be beneficial for people over time if we had some basic TVS information in the first post of this thread kind of like the dyno threads. Things like:
-The supercharger oil capacity (230mL)
-Where can we get replacement parts such as bearings (I bought mine direct from Harrop. But I would think there has to be some outfits in the US so we don't have to pay for shipping from Australia)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cob...49ab9954fb.jpg
Parts list from Harrop to replace needle bearings and snout bearings.

-What kind of needle bearing lube do we use? (I bought Nye RHEOTEMP 500 from ZZP)
-Where can we get the supercharger serviced/repaired?( advise shared this link with me but I haven't confirmed they will work on ours)

These are just a few examples of things I went through recently and there aren't clear answers anywhere. No need making people figure this stuff out again and again. I felt like I was dead in the water at times through this process. Surely as time goes on more and more people will need these rebuilt because we spin them pretty fast. I know I typically have bad luck but I can't be the only one.