Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   SS/SC intakes (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/ss-sc-intakes-15911/)

ajent 04-06-2006 10:45 AM

Instead of wasting a post like above, from what i've seen, K&N has been popular to give the CEL. Injen has been more lucky. I still haven't gotten a CEL and i'm using injen. I believe fujita also has a high CEL rate, but I didn't read up much on that one.
Other people do the "airbox mod" and claim cel's only come in close to freezing temperature.
I believe theres a "how-to" for it in the correct section of the board.

retrop 04-06-2006 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by ajent
Instead of wasting a post like above, from what i've seen, K&N has been popular to give the CEL. Injen has been more lucky. I still haven't gotten a CEL and i'm using injen. I believe fujita also has a high CEL rate, but I didn't read up much on that one.
Other people do the "airbox mod" and claim cel's only come in close to freezing temperature.
I believe theres a "how-to" for it in the correct section of the board.

The intake mod does not only get a CEL in cold temps. I was running it with a K&N filter last fall (60-70 F) when my light came on. The circumstances were very similar to the latest time my Injen intake threw a code. I was driving like 25 mph in second for a VERY long period of time on city/military base roads. The light never went out with the airbox mod but with my injen as soon as i got some good airflow and like 2 restarts the light was out and has been for over a month. It was only the second time the light has come on it the 4 months or so i ahve had the intake.

CobaltSS/SC 04-09-2006 12:51 PM

anybody have any idea of which air intake is the better one. what kind of result with the injen intake.

Shortbus 04-13-2006 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by badg1rl
XTC intake 179.99

proven HP gain 10 and 7 lbs torque proven by dyno. Dyno sheet on cobalt-addiction.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tc20_large.jpg

there are better pics on the site of the entire thing but i cant get a bigger pic.
shortbus also has it installed w/ black couplers

Yes i do and i love it!!:cssNET:

CobaltSS/SC 04-15-2006 01:32 AM

i am getting a injen cold air intake this week and was wondering what people have to say about it. like what kind of horsepower and torque gains does it give.

krzykrl 04-17-2006 08:35 PM

well my intake is installed and i have the older one with the tube that pushes the filter into the bumber. i was wondering where people contacted injen to get the revised tube. i emailed injen and waiting a response.

on a side note, i have been fighting wiht my cel since i put this intake on. but i think i found out my problem. make sure your clamps are tight. i think mine loosened up, after i tighten them up and re-fit the tube, cel goes away under 5 minutes

yangee 04-18-2006 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Shortbus

what is the internet adresse for the XTC site??? or what is the part number for this model

Asphalt Assault 04-18-2006 09:07 PM

Where can I find more pics of your car?

I am just getting my trunk shaved and lowering it too. Antenna, lock and wing gone. LOL

thanks

06_Cobalt_SS_SC 04-18-2006 09:18 PM

My car is running rich ever since the new AEM CAI.Anyone else having this problem???

DanJHartman 04-18-2006 09:29 PM

see this thread is good, but now can i get a list of the intakes that are guaranteed to not cause a CEL?:cssNET:

Shortbus 04-18-2006 09:31 PM

You can get the cai from cobalt-addiction.com, you can see more pictures of my car in the members ride section, or pictures and videos.

DanJHartman 04-18-2006 09:39 PM

You can get the cai from cobalt-addiction.com, you can see more pictures of my car in the members ride section, or pictures and videos.

so your saying that you have no CEL?
if so im considering:cssNET:

06_Cobalt_SS_SC 04-18-2006 10:47 PM

I dont have a CEL but it is definately running rich.Seems to perform and run fine but its burning too much fuel for sure.

Shortbus 04-19-2006 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by DanJHartman
so your saying that you have no CEL?
if so im considering:cssNET:

Yupp no CEL, great intake, dyno proven 10whp too! :cssNET:

zinner 04-19-2006 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by red-SS
I was just wondering just a question. I herad with adding an aftermarket intake like the fujita or the others you will get a cel come on? Is that true or not?

I got a CEL with my K&N intake. I think I have read posts where people get CEL's with just about all of them. And of course some people don't get them at all...

In my case the maf was reading low and that caused a CEL.

snarkee 04-19-2006 09:48 AM

do any intakes not get a cel ?????

ajent 04-19-2006 11:26 AM

I've had my injen installed for a while, AND I installed it myself. (uh oh).
But no CEL yet.

redneck 04-19-2006 08:09 PM

stock box

Originally Posted by inhale
if i ever need to go back to stock (not that i will being that i financed the car), ill just put one up at a junkyard or order one. hell, cant be more than $50-75. so, itll still end up being cheaper than the injen priced at 220.00. i have more pics of the box, i just edited post and put them in

just to let you know the stock box is 232$ cdn.just got one for mine.hit a cat(yes a cat!!!)and scrapped the bumper ,rads and air box!.

06_Cobalt_SS_SC 04-19-2006 10:02 PM

anyone have a ss/sc burning rich?occasional black smoke out of tailpipe?My tailpipe has to be cleaned evey so often from carbon deposits.

Alex47 04-19-2006 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by snarkee
do any intakes not get a cel ?????

stock

Shortbus 04-19-2006 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by 06_Cobalt_SS_SC
anyone have a ss/sc burning rich?occasional black smoke out of tailpipe?My tailpipe has to be cleaned evey so often from carbon deposits.

Most all the ss/sc get black smoke out the exhaust, i get alot with my set up.

snarkee 04-20-2006 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Alex47
stock

thats what i figured

BLKSS 04-20-2006 08:35 AM

Most all the ss/sc get black smoke out the exhaust, i get alot with my set up.

Same here. My tail pipe is one dirty whore.

yangee 04-20-2006 11:24 AM

I search the part number for the injen intake for a cobalt SS/SC 2006 it is SP7026 because they say it's for a 2.2L

yangee 04-21-2006 08:05 AM

ok I search in the entire forum for someone who have the AEM LONG intake not only the short one...and I fund nothing...

So if someone have one... is it possible to give me te part number

thk....