Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   Stage 2 - March!!! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/stage-2-march-10985/)

p7x 01-12-2006 10:44 PM

Stage 2 - March!!!

I don't know how accurate this is but looks like we're waiting till march, my dealer has no clue about any upgrades so I using crate engine depot as my info source. According to them Stage 1 and 2 are March, but stage 2 from stage 1 is available in Feb WTF!!!. The link will explain what I mean, scroll down a bit.

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor..._ID=144&Page=1

Doc 01-12-2006 10:52 PM

where is BDWARR06 with the info :lol: come on buddy, you can do it...:D

distillion 01-12-2006 11:03 PM

if this is true that is sweet!

BooSSted 01-12-2006 11:32 PM

Who needs mods in the winter anyways, Hahaha

theBLUEone 01-12-2006 11:45 PM

I saw that earlier today as well...

OniMirage 01-12-2006 11:52 PM

i think its a typo welll obviously it is cus how can you run a stage 1 to 2 without first having the stage 1???

Mercury 01-12-2006 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
i think its a typo welll obviously it is cus how can you run a stage 1 to 2 without first having the stage 1???

Only a select few already have it..... :lol: :cssNET:

Cobalt_Supercharged 01-13-2006 12:15 AM

Isn't stage 2 just a pulley. How hard are thoose to make. Really Stage 1 to Stage 2 has been out for months already. :lol:

MarcS 01-13-2006 12:47 AM

Stage 1 + 2.8" pulley is what I'll probably be getting.

p7x 01-13-2006 09:47 AM

Either way, Im not touchnig my car till spring so anytime after March is fine by me.

BLKSS 01-13-2006 09:52 AM

I have a feeling we wont be seeing these GM kits for a very long time. Just a nic

p7x 01-13-2006 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by BLKSS
I have a feeling we wont be seeing these GM kits for a very long time. Just a nic

Unfortunetly, Canadian dealers suck ass when it comes to aftermarket and information in general. Thats why im buying from crate engine depot and have my dealer install it.

BLKSS 01-13-2006 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by p7x
Unfortunetly, Canadian dealers suck ass when it comes to aftermarket and information in general. Thats why im buying from crate engine depot and have my dealer install it.

You sure thats the GM kit? Not sure my dealership is ok with me ordering it. I am at the mercy of my warantee here. I want my kit NOW.

*Kicks down chair, flips phone and tosses table* Ok ok im ok now.

p7x 01-13-2006 10:20 AM

You sure thats the GM kit? Not sure my dealership is ok with me ordering it. I am at the mercy of my warantee here. I want my kit NOW.

Im guessing the when CED gets the kit GMpartsdirect should also have it. It looks very much like a gm site, but obviously before I order I wil make sure everythings coo. Talked to my deler and they said as long as its a GMPP and it comes with everything needed to install they got no problems.

BLKSS 01-13-2006 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by p7x
Im guessing the when CED gets the kit GMpartsdirect should also have it. It looks very much like a gm site, but obviously before I order I wil make sure everythings coo. Talked to my deler and they said as long as its a GMPP and it comes with everything needed to install they got no problems.

I will look into that also. Thanks for the link. Anything!! .. that will make this process faster.

R33P3R007 01-13-2006 10:34 AM

nice... i hope they all come out in february

Doc 01-13-2006 11:06 AM

Yes, that is a GM kit. They are just a dealership selling the same things that you can buy from your dealership or at gmpartsdirect. Their prices are competitive, I'd compare them to be sure before you buy something, as I would with any other site.
They are selling GMPP products. Just to amplify what I said above. :D

BLKSS 01-13-2006 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Doc
Yes, that is a GM kit. They are just a dealership selling the same things that you can buy from your dealership or at gmpartsdirect. Their prices are competitive, I'd compare them to be sure before you buy something, as I would with any other site.
They are selling GMPP products. Just to amplify what I said above. :D

OK, thanks, il check it out.

R33P3R007 01-13-2006 12:10 PM

What about getting it from GMparts direct and just having your local dealer install it. maybe we can save som $$$$ that way

p7x 01-13-2006 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by R33P3R007
What about getting it from GMparts direct and just having your local dealer install it. maybe we can save som $$$$ that way

Thats basically what i plan on doing but from either GM parts direct or CED. This will save you money!!!

R33P3R007 01-13-2006 12:16 PM

Ced?

FAST06SS 01-13-2006 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by MarcS
Stage 1 + 2.8" pulley is what I'll probably be getting.

Help me understand the thought process behind that combo? Not tyring to be a smarta$$, i just don't understand. You can get kits now that achive the same performance for MUCH less. Please don't say warranty because as soon as you slap the 2.8 on your warranty is gone ;)

BlAckOnBLaCK 01-13-2006 12:37 PM

I just think that people feel much more comfortable with a reflash rather than splicing. If you could come up with a plug n play, you would probably have a lot more people buying that kit. Cuz really there is no other reason. Your kit is awsome, just think the cutting/soldering wires thing scares the crap out of some.

c7015 01-13-2006 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by FAST06SS
Help me understand the thought process behind that combo? Not tyring to be a smarta$$, i just don't understand. You can get kits now that achive the same performance for MUCH less. Please don't say warranty because as soon as you slap the 2.8 on your warranty is gone ;)

because if something happens ...he puts it back to stock and brings it in ...where as with one of the kits you can tell the engine has been modded ..I think that I am going the same route ..stg 1 with 2.8 "

OKCSS 01-13-2006 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by FAST06SS
You can get kits now that achive the same performance for MUCH less. ;)

So you must know what the GM kits will cost..............