Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   Stage 2 problem - low hp (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/stage-2-problem-low-hp-140427/)

Snakes709 10-29-2008 09:46 PM

Stage 2 problem - low hp

Ok so i need some opinions here. I recently installed Stage 2, 2.8 pulley and 60lb injectors with a custom tune on my 07 SS/SC. Car pulls great. However put it on the dyno i made 215hp - 207 trq with a bad drop in power at 5700rpm (see pic below) Been trying to figure this issue out because at 5700 it should still be climbing and not nose diving. We tried messing with the tune and did 3 more dyno pulls...same results. We came up with 3 possible reasons for this. A. Car doesnt like ZEX 1 Step Colder Plugs. B. Needs aftermarking exhaust, header/downpipe or our newest thought B. I ordered the GM Stage 2 Belt from Cobalt Addiction. When we installed the new belt we compaired the two belts...they looks identical and my friend said it was WAY! easier to get this belt on then when he had to with his stage 2 belt on 2.8 pulley. Might be possible that cobalt addiction screwed up and sent me a stock belt instead of the gm stage 2 belt i ordered. Which means the belt could be slipping at 5700rpm...could this be the issue?

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p...09/s2002-1.jpg

PhantomSS 10-29-2008 10:35 PM

advice.... tune it or go to stock cuz that is roflcopter material.

btw where are the AFR ratios?

3fo893013L 10-29-2008 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 3042806)
I recently installed Stage 2, 2.8 pulley and 60lb injectors with a custom tuneon my 07 SS/SC.

Which one is it? I'm lost what tune you have. The Stage 2 tune that comes when you buy the package or a custom tune by you/someone else? If it's the Stage 2 tune with 60lb injectors you answered your own question.

methodman2424 10-29-2008 10:40 PM

Belt slip

eurochevy 10-29-2008 10:43 PM

shitty ass freaken tune and possible belt slip..and obviously if the belt u were sent is the same as the supposed stage 2 belt then obviously its not a stage 2 belt is it c'mon man common sense :lol:

PhantomSS 10-29-2008 10:45 PM

i used the stock belt with the 3.0....couldnt get s2 belt to fit until i got the 2.8....

stock belt will slip, i know for a fact because i could move the stock belt over the 2.8 with ease. I dont see how u would get even 200 hp with a belt that loose.

Bika 10-29-2008 10:46 PM

you has heatsoak like a motherf*cker.

and without seeing the AFR and timing, we have no idea what your tune looks like.

3fo893013L 10-29-2008 10:47 PM

I don't see how you guys think it's belt slip. You would see "pulsing" in the graph. That's not a pulse. That's a horrible tune.

PhantomSS 10-29-2008 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky (Post 3043132)
I don't see how you guys think it's belt slip. You would see "pulsing" in the graph. That's not a pulse. That's a horrible tune.

qft amen ty

more realistic u have a stock tune with 60s and running rich as shit

DoubleLP 10-29-2008 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomSS (Post 3043121)
i used the stock belt with the 3.0....couldnt get s2 belt to fit until i got the 2.8....

stock belt will slip, i know for a fact because i could move the stock belt over the 2.8 with ease. I dont see how u would get even 200 hp with a belt that loose.

Umm.......the Stage 2 pulley is 3.1 from GM if I am correct....so the Stage 2 belt should fit. Yes it is horrible to get on but it does fit.

3fo893013L 10-29-2008 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomSS (Post 3043136)
qft amen ty

more realistic u have a stock tune with 60s and running rich as shit

as I quoted in HUGE bold letters which tune does he have? Stage 2 w/60's = fuel puddling in the cylinders and a smoke show in the back. Perhaps plugged Cataylst conveter now or more..

are you sure you didn't just let go of the accelerator? :lol:

PhantomSS 10-29-2008 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleLP (Post 3043141)
Umm.......the Stage 2 pulley is 3.1 from GM if I am correct....so the Stage 2 belt should fit. Yes it is horrible to get on but it does fit.

obviously it will fit but i couldnt get it on, i even screwed up my tensioner pulley pulling it down to the VERY VERY VERY bottom and still couldnt get it on. Stock belt ftw until the 2.8

OntarioKev 10-29-2008 10:52 PM

Did you datalog the pulls? If so check your boost levels, if they are falling, you have slip. Also check for knock and the AFR like mentioned above.

Kevin

eurochevy 10-29-2008 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomSS (Post 3043155)
obviously it will fit but i couldnt get it on, i even screwed up my tensioner pulley pulling it down to the VERY VERY VERY bottom and still couldnt get it on. Stock belt ftw until the 2.8

........umm no..if an idiot GM technician can get on my stage 2 belt im pretty sure you can too..its not hard..try pushing DOWN the tensioner and putting the belt on that last ...............................fail...

PhantomSS 10-29-2008 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by eurochevy (Post 3043169)
........umm no..if an idiot GM technician can get on my stage 2 belt im pretty sure you can too..its not hard..try pushing DOWN the tensioner and putting the belt on that last ...............................fail...

please stfu, i about ripped up the edge of the 3.1 pulley and still have knicks were i used a screw driver to try to get it on....

IT WOULD NOT FIT FOR ME.

Ive done every install on my car and pull 275 hp before methanol reliably with 20 degrees timing.

Think i know how to put on a simple belt. That fucker wouldnt go on for me.

3fo893013L 10-29-2008 10:57 PM

guys lets try to help the op. Not argue. I know I'd bitch slap a hoe if they did that in my post.

eurochevy 10-29-2008 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomSS (Post 3043183)
please stfu, i about ripped up the edge of the 3.1 pulley and still have knicks were i used a screw driver to try to get it on....

IT WOULD NOT FIT FOR ME.

Ive done every install on my car and pull 275 hp before methanol reliably with 20 degrees timing.

Think i know how to put on a simple belt. That fucker wouldnt go on for me.

....lol apparently you don't know how to put on a simple belt..but hey im not gonna judge maybe they gave you the wrong belt:lol: (and if you have to resort to that use plastic tools or something that will break/ bend before the pulley does)

xmusic_addictx 10-29-2008 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky (Post 3043151)
as I quoted in HUGE bold letters which tune does he have? Stage 2 w/60's = fuel puddling in the cylinders and a smoke show in the back. Perhaps plugged Cataylst conveter now or more..

are you sure you didn't just let go of the accelerator? :lol:

he's not running a stage 2 tune.. its a custom tune from a perfromance shop around here.

PhantomSS 10-29-2008 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by eurochevy (Post 3043232)
....lol apparently you don't know how to put on a simple belt..but hey im not gonna judge maybe they gave you the wrong belt:lol: (and if you have to resort to that use plastic tools or something that will break/ bend before the pulley does)

when did screw drivers come in plastic? are you looking at your playschool set while choosing to type to me? do us all a favor and dont reproduce k? thx. jesus the amount of stupid in here is making my dog look smart.

Go chuck on your sherah backpack and your ninja turtle outfit and boast the e-thug internet tough guy we all know you are. Better yet, just take that tin foil hat you call a satellite and pay for some real cable.

You are proof god even makes mistakes.

eurochevy 10-29-2008 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomSS (Post 3043285)
when did screw drivers come in plastic? are you looking at your playschool set while choosing to type to me? do us all a favor and dont reproduce k? thx. jesus the amount of stupid in here is making my dog look smart.

Go chuck on your sherah backpack and your ninja turtle outfit and boast the e-thug internet tough guy we all know you are. Better yet, just take that tin foil hat you call a satellite and pay for some real cable.

You are proof god even makes mistakes.

how am i an e-thug :lol: ...and yes they do make plastic tools just to let you know..a very common one used in auto industry is a plastic mallet when you need to hit delecate things into place so don't start with bashing me personally because you make yourself look like a bigger idiot than u think i look like:lol:

PhantomSS 10-29-2008 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by eurochevy (Post 3043304)
how am i an e-thug :lol: ...and yes they do make plastic tools just to let you know..a very common one used in auto industry is a plastic mallet when you need to hit delecate things into place so don't start with bashing me personally because you make yourself look like a bigger idiot than u think i look like:lol:

WTF?

you would never work on my car using a plastic tool. Delicate things are hit with a rubber mallet. Jesus christ you give GM techs a bad name. I bet you are one too. That would answer all my questions. Dont tell me what i can or cant do, ive rebuilt 440 magnum chargers with hemi heads (trick lifters) via 6 pack carb system. Think i know wtf im talking about.

eurochevy 10-29-2008 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomSS (Post 3043322)
WTF?

you would never work on my car using a plastic tool. Delicate things are hit with a rubber mallet. Jesus christ you give GM techs a bad name. I bet you are one too. That would answer all my questions. Dont tell me what i can or cant do, ive rebuilt 440 magnum chargers with hemi heads (trick lifters) via 6 pack carb system. Think i know wtf im talking about.

rubber malet = plastic on some companies..we had them at my auto school when i did first year it was made by snap-on..and no i am not a GM tech..and good for you..man you make me laugh, your such a child..your not cool just because i've done this i've donet hat blah blah..god haha this is part reason why i don't like this forum that much any more. c ya later dude good luck with that belt crap haha

06black 10-29-2008 11:27 PM

so waite....

your on a stock belt and idler?

on what pulley...the 3.1in GM-s2

and if your on a "custom" tune and shes dieing off like that, i'd pull my car outta there so quick its not even funny.

I'm with sneaky on this, we need more info from the OP.

what belt are you using.

what injectors are you using.

what pulley are you using.

what tune are you using.

answer these and i can give you an answer.

jeanbalt 10-29-2008 11:52 PM

if the guy that's tuning you can't tell you what's wrong
tune or parts

get a new tuner - before you car blows up

there is a tuner directory in this site

JapEatr 10-30-2008 12:08 AM

just read this, looks alot like something in the tune for the bypass settings

plugged converter would make the boost spike and power drop hard

ive been on 2.8 and 60s for almost 3 yrs now so it must be something other than simply the stage 2 belt slipping

BTW i only use one tool when messing with the belt on our cars- a prybar with plastic coating. i push forward and down, and viola done deal

and i have a whole drawer of my snap on box full of "plastic" and rubber tools use them for a wide range of stiff including crank pulleys, door panels and distributors.

BTW i agree most GM techs couldnt fix a sandwich let alone a motor, but a few veteran car guys like myself have worked in a shop with 10+ years of expirience and have day jobs that are far more complicated; such as a engineer for combustion systems on power plants.

if you need some advice PM me.