2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at last we get a little something. at this point i think most people on here are probably more ready for this car then you are.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:44 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Toronto Update

I am now in Toronto and yesterday I visited three of the shops invloved in my project.
I am happier now about my project than I was when I arrived in town.

I have more meetings all day to go over more aspects of the build. First thing this morning is to meet with the actual engine builder Greg, who assembles the engines for JBP. The crankshaft will be here in 10 days and then finally we will have the first engine built.

The shop doing the conversion/chassis is an old school, metal fabrication shop. Clayton is not only a perfectionist at what hedoes, he is also a racer. We got to see and hear his, '83 Dodge Rampage upclose. The 440 dual carb big block sounded real kick ass.

Clayton and I went over the parts being used on the project. We are going with Strange for the rear-end and suspension coilovers. The brakes will all be Baer. We are going with a Mustang2 Pro Kit with rack and pinion for the front clip, and the whole emphasis is to ensure the car handles well on the street. The rear suspension will bea 4link with a wishbone setup and the adjustable coilovers.

We have more things to get straightened out and the wiring seems to be abit unknown. We have been told that the Bigstuff3 will work with the stock computers but we are waiting for real time testing on that. We may be rewiring the car BUT I keep telling everyone that losing the comforts of my car is not an option.

I believe it is starting to get through to the shops that this is a street car that will do very well on the dragstrip, not a dragstrip car that can go out on the street once in a while.
Here are a couple of pics I snapped so far.
The first one is the drag radials sitting in place to give an idea of the stance people will be seeing from behind me.
The second picture is another picture of the complete dry sump kit. The oil resevoir is huge.
More updates as the weekend goes along.

390/40r17drag radials

ARE Dry Sump Kit
Old 08-11-2007, 09:59 AM

Hey man that all looks sick!!! When you say coilovers... Uh do you mean the same coilovers you bought before and were selling? or are you having customs coils made? What ever happened to the other coilovers? did you end up selling or are you still selling. end thread jack
Old 08-11-2007, 10:07 AM

the milk crates are a nice accent
Old 08-11-2007, 10:13 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 06noscobaltss
Hey man that all looks sick!!! When you say coilovers... Uh do you mean the same coilovers you bought before and were selling? or are you having customs coils made? What ever happened to the other coilovers? did you end up selling or are you still selling. end thread jack
The coilovers will now be Strange adjustable coilovers, made specifically for the chassis setup, also made by Strange.
The original coilovers are just being credited back to the project account and are available through JBP.

Originally Posted by chipmonk212121
the milk crates are a nice accent
Yea, I kind of like those too. I am thinking red would have been too much though.
When there is actually a rear end in there I think might end up not being able to keep the crates. Time will tell.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 08-11-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
goddamn those are some big ass tires.

Glad you're in better spirits man.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss

psssh ive seen bigger tires.....but they were on the tractors in the fields behind my house lol
Old 08-11-2007, 11:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
lol.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
I am now in Toronto and yesterday I visited three of the shops invloved in my project.
I am happier now about my project than I was when I arrived in town.

390/40r17drag radials

Hmmmmm.... (with envy) I still think your cobalt will have traction issues just like the rest of us.... (with even more envy and sarcasm)

Guess I will have to go RWD to keep in step with your project. but I think 500HP at the crank would be more my style and tire size to allow some difting.

Hate to bring this up but what or how is this going to be insured when your all done (the nasty rain cloud rolls in with thunder) LOL ..... actually I am just curious and dont mean to rain on your great week.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:30 PM

I am glad you got a pic of the rear...cause that is a view I won't ever see.

Looks like it is starting to come along and looks good. So I guess you are happy you went now?

Now to have an engine to put inside it...
Old 08-11-2007, 02:39 PM

See Rod walking..See Rod walking around his car wheres my engine...Rod sees Mattys car"that one has an engine"
Old 08-11-2007, 03:13 PM

for the rear end honestly I would go with a Spool, since its going to track car only right? gearing is up to you, I woudnt go to ridiculous imo.

curious about the tranny, u have a T56 right? now is that from which car or is it straight from Tremec? since you are building a high hp car, that the T56 from a Viper is actualy stronger then GM's T56 that they use on their vehicles. The input shafts and gears inside are much more stronger, and can handle more power. tons of F-body owners do that swap. 1 cuz its easy. and they'll get viper like gearing which is nice
Old 08-11-2007, 03:37 PM
MaJ

holy **** man, that look from behind is HOT!
Old 08-11-2007, 04:42 PM

holy crap those things are huge. i would so get a body kit that will hide those tires and go make some money from some kids in these parking lots. lol j/k but seriously get a nice kit so nobody knows whats up with your car till you pull off.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:39 PM

those tires are huge. i can't wait until you put some more pictures up
Old 08-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eddie
for the rear end honestly I would go with a Spool, since its going to track car only right? gearing is up to you, I woudnt go to ridiculous imo.

curious about the tranny, u have a T56 right? now is that from which car or is it straight from Tremec? since you are building a high hp car, that the T56 from a Viper is actualy stronger then GM's T56 that they use on their vehicles. The input shafts and gears inside are much more stronger, and can handle more power. tons of F-body owners do that swap. 1 cuz its easy. and they'll get viper like gearing which is nice
Man I know this is a big thread but all along this is a street car. believe it or not there is a turbo or SUPER CHARGED 55 chevy down my street with tires like that and it is a street car too. I say turbo and S/C cause he has a hood and parts to swap it back and forth to change it back and forth either way. Guess he likes to be blown once in a while, or the fore play of a turbo as well...LOL. any way the point is the car will have a LSD or a locker at most as Victory Red SS has stated many times.... this a street car. he plans on driving it on the road. so it has to handle and work for the street. drag is secondary. it will just happen to work well at the drag strip too.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:51 PM

oh yea. it will work well on the strips i forsee.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:21 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
[QUOTE=victory_red_SS;1318840]390/40r17drag radials
QUOTE]

:drool: i want it
Old 08-12-2007, 10:33 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss

Thanks Paul
Originally Posted by chipmonk212121
psssh ive seen bigger tires.....but they were on the tractors in the fields behind my house lol

Originally Posted by ssnipes
Hmmmmm.... (with envy) I still think your cobalt will have traction issues just like the rest of us.... (with even more envy and sarcasm)

Guess I will have to go RWD to keep in step with your project. but I think 500HP at the crank would be more my style and tire size to allow some difting.

Hate to bring this up but what or how is this going to be insured when your all done (the nasty rain cloud rolls in with thunder) LOL ..... actually I am just curious and dont mean to rain on your great week.
The car will be street legal and insurance will be upgraded. The bad news is that the extra coverage will not cover the chassis or drivetrain. We are putting in kill systems so the car will not be drivable, I will use a boot style locking system to prevent towing it away and the house/garage will have video cameras watching the car.
Emissions testing is another story

Originally Posted by Matty
I am glad you got a pic of the rear...cause that is a view I won't ever see.

Looks like it is starting to come along and looks good. So I guess you are happy you went now?

Now to have an engine to put inside it...
That's right,you would have to be able to keep, up to see the rear of my car.

I spent the day with the actual engine builder yesterday, and saw an engine he built. I was very happy with what I heard and saw. There will be an engine soon. The crank should be ready the end of this week.
Originally Posted by g5mike
See Rod walking..See Rod walking around his car wheres my engine...Rod sees Mattys car"that one has an engine"

Originally Posted by ssnipes
Originally Posted by Eddie

Man I know this is a big thread but all along this is a street car. ....... any way the point is the car will have a LSD or a locker at most as Victory Red SS has stated many times.... this a street car. he plans on driving it on the road. so it has to handle and work for the street. drag is secondary. it will just happen to work well at the drag strip too.
ssnipes got that one right on the head. I had to repeat several times to the shops involved that this is "My Car". This is a street car designed to do very well on a race track. I emphasized I am not willing to have less handling on the road than the car comes with stock. I live where there are mountains and I want to have fun in the twisties.
Now we have come to the decision that I will buy two differentials and swap in the drag only one for the drag strip days. I have already gotten the Viper mainshaft which is rated for 600ft/lbs tq.
Originally Posted by MaJ
holy **** man, that look from behind is HOT!
Thanks

Originally Posted by ridemlow03
holy crap those things are huge. i would so get a body kit that will hide those tires and go make some money from some kids in these parking lots. lol j/k but seriously get a nice kit so nobody knows whats up with your car till you pull off.
I had bought a kit but I changed my mind. I am leaving the body stock with the exception of heat extractors in the front fenders, removal of the gas flap, and likely filling in the hole where the stock exhaust came out.
As for hiding the back tires, I want them to show so the guys in the Vettes & Vipers can wonder what the hell I did do to my car.
Originally Posted by jigyflyuk07
those tires are huge. i can't wait until you put some more pictures up
The pics will come as I get them.

Originally Posted by Herndon_High_SS
oh yea. it will work well on the strips i forsee.

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
:drool: i want it
I think the fellow would be very happy to do your car next.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 AM

Just a dot in my rearview.

Looks good though.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:39 AM

thats crazy so victory your keeping the 2.0engine but built like crack and just converting it to rwd and putting a better tranny in there to hold the power?? looks sick man and cant wait to see it finished.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:39 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Just a dot in my rearview.

Looks good though.
I'm thinking you don't have that mirror installed correctly.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 AM

I'm thinking you don't have that mirror installed correctly.
At least mine is installed.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:43 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by ridemlow03
thats crazy so victory your keeping the 2.0engine but built like crack and just converting it to rwd and putting a better tranny in there to hold the power?? looks sick man and cant wait to see it finished.
Yes, the 2.0 is the heart of the beast.
The rwd conversion came about because of the nightmare and expense that a FWD transmission was giving me.

At least mine is installed.
touche`

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 08-12-2007 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-12-2007, 10:43 AM

Yes, the 2.0 is the heart of the beast.
The rwd conversion came about because of the nightmare and expense that a FWD transmission was giving me.
yeah i got you. the tremecs are good tranny's and handle alot of power and the best thing, its a 6 speed.

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD