Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   what tune should i get a mild or aggressive? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/what-tune-should-i-get-mild-aggressive-156176/)

craigk_c19 02-17-2009 03:41 PM

what tune should i get a mild or aggressive?

im getting a tune from Trifecta for my ss/sc at the GM Bash on the 28th and im just wondering should i get a mild tune or an aggressive tune i never go to track and i never street race i want as many hp as possible but wouldn't the aggressive make my gas go to crap? so then if i got a mild tune would i see much of a change in hp give me your thoughts thanks :D

widowedeight 02-17-2009 03:44 PM

if your spending the money for it you might as well do it right the first time

Unforgiv3n 02-17-2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by craigk_c19 (Post 3482299)
im getting a tune from Trifecta for my ss/sc at the GM Bash on the 28th and im just wondering should i get a mild tune or an aggressive tune i never go to track and i never street race i want as many hp as possible but wouldn't the aggressive make my gas go to crap? so then if i got a mild tune would i see much of a change in hp give me your thoughts thanks :D

So why mod your car?

ShortStack 02-17-2009 03:49 PM

Depending, if you say mild, they may really hold back the car, just so youd notice more with an agressive tune....

being its at a gm bash... i dont think they would blow up your car with an agressive tune, and it wont be that much worse on gas (maybe when u get on it, but daily driving you shouldnt notice anything more)

daythecountrydied21 02-17-2009 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Unforgiv3n (Post 3482325)
So why mod your car?

to have the get up and go when you feel like it on the street?

craigk_c19 02-17-2009 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Unforgiv3n (Post 3482325)
So why mod your car?

i would be at a track all the time if one was within 150 miles of me and im in college i dont street race b/c one i hate dumb a** that do that and every one that wants to race have stock civics with CAI and think they can walk me so i dont even bother and the others that want to are trucks

Originally Posted by ShortStack (Post 3482330)
Depending, if you say mild, they may really hold back the car, just so youd notice more with an agressive tune....

being its at a gm bash... i dont think they would blow up your car with an agressive tune, and it wont be that much worse on gas (maybe when u get on it, but daily driving you shouldnt notice anything more)

this true?

ShortStack 02-17-2009 04:02 PM

If they go for an agressive tune, they would probly up your spark and adjust AFR in PE mode, which is just when you have the throttle at 100%... so they might not touch your part throttle...

craigk_c19 02-17-2009 04:11 PM

well im not running 60's so would it hurt my car if i went with the aggressive one?

ShortStack 02-17-2009 04:12 PM

Depends what size pulley...

I wouldnt spend the money on a agressive tune without 60s... if that helps..

Unforgiv3n 02-17-2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by craigk_c19 (Post 3482339)
i would be at a track all the time if one was within 150 miles of me and im in college i dont street race b/c one i hate dumb a** that do that and every one that wants to race have stock civics with CAI and think they can walk me so i dont even bother and the others that want to are trucks

Didn't mean to sound like a dick, wsa just wondering...
What is with people with trucks always wanting to race?

ShortStack 02-17-2009 04:17 PM

They think there big gay truck engines can beat a little sports compact..

some can, some.. just shouldnt try..

craigk_c19 02-17-2009 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by ShortStack (Post 3482438)
Depends what size pulley...

I wouldnt spend the money on a agressive tune without 60s... if that helps..

i have a Nates 2.9 and the tune is costing me 200 doesnt matter what i get just a flat 200

ShortStack 02-17-2009 04:20 PM

Hmm.. well.. a more agressive tune on 42.5s will make it a little bit more unsafe, but i mean, i run a 2.8 on 42.5s, but i could be pushing more power, but cant due to my injectors being over worked at higher rpms...

doing that constantly is bad, but for a few pulls on some gay hondas or something like that, youll be okay...

I wouldnt trust a agressive tune on the smaller injectors though.. you can find em dirt cheap now, and will be wayy worth the money.

craigk_c19 02-17-2009 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by ShortStack (Post 3482480)
Hmm.. well.. a more agressive tune on 42.5s will make it a little bit more unsafe, but i mean, i run a 2.8 on 42.5s, but i could be pushing more power, but cant due to my injectors being over worked at higher rpms...

doing that constantly is bad, but for a few pulls on some gay hondas or something like that, youll be okay...

I wouldnt trust a agressive tune on the smaller injectors though.. you can find em dirt cheap now, and will be wayy worth the money.

so go mild and if i pop one of the injectors i can replace it for cheap?

ShortStack 02-17-2009 04:26 PM

Well.. if you go mild, you wont have to worry about the injectors...

go with mild unless you decide to up to 60 pound injectors, thats when i would go agressive.

craigk_c19 02-17-2009 04:29 PM

i would have to put the 60's in before the tune then huh? see the GM Bash is on feb 28th so thats when i get the tune i just didnt know if i should get a mild or an aggressive and i want to feel the difference but now im scaried that if dont have the 60's it might be bad i can get the 60's next pay cheek just i need to have them before the tune dont i?

Dainslaif 02-17-2009 04:43 PM

If you don't race that much, you don't really have to worry about the "aggressive" tune. I'm willing to guess that it's just increased timing and a little fuel adjustment during WOT, not much will change during DD driving. I've known plenty of people running 2.9 on 42s - it's close to the limit of the injectors but very few have broken pistons due to it, especially if you don't race all that often.

If you have GMS2 on your car right now, you will probably gain a little MPG, since a specialized tune should yield better results than a generitune. I'm not sure if he'll even touch your DD driving though.

BTW, what year are you? If you're an 06, you might be able to have him send you both sets of files and I can flash the aggressive for the track, see if it's dangerous, then if you want flash you to the mild. I have no idea if he'd be down for that, but I'd ask. Otherwise, he could send the other guy two tunes, I could still scan down the track a few runs, and if you don't like what you see you could ask him to flash you down to the mild.

06SS ALL DAY 02-17-2009 04:43 PM

i wont vote but i i will leave a comment. you dont go to the track or street race... wtf do you want a tune for... IMO leave your car stock

craigk_c19 02-17-2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dainslaif (Post 3482594)
If you don't race that much, you don't really have to worry about the "aggressive" tune. I'm willing to guess that it's just increased timing and a little fuel adjustment during WOT, not much will change during DD driving. I've known plenty of people running 2.9 on 42s - it's close to the limit of the injectors but very few have broken pistons due to it, especially if you don't race all that often.

If you have GMS2 on your car right now, you will probably gain a little MPG, since a specialized tune should yield better results than a generitune. I'm not sure if he'll even touch your DD driving though.

BTW, what year are you? If you're an 06, you might be able to have him send you both sets of files and I can flash the aggressive for the track, see if it's dangerous, then if you want flash you to the mild. I have no idea if he'd be down for that, but I'd ask. Otherwise, he could send the other guy two tunes, I could still scan down the track a few runs, and if you don't like what you see you could ask him to flash you down to the mild.

im an 05 :( the way everything is looking i go WOT about 3 time s a week for maybe a full length blook and i dont race ever so im think that with the aggressive ill be ok but most people have voted mild so i think ill listen to them and maybe save a piston and go mild sound like a good idea ill even save myself 200 bucks by not buying 60's

Dainslaif 02-17-2009 04:51 PM

Like I said, see if he'll send the guy both before making a solid decision. The worst he can do is say no, but if he sends both we can see how high your injectors are getting and if you're seeing any knock.

His version of aggressive may be different than some others, but I assume he would never send a tune that would blow someone's car up, even under the guise of an "aggressive tune"

craigk_c19 02-17-2009 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dainslaif (Post 3482650)
Like I said, see if he'll send the guy both before making a solid decision. The worst he can do is say no, but if he sends both we can see how high your injectors are getting and if you're seeing any knock.

His version of aggressive may be different than some others, but I assume he would never send a tune that would blow someone's car up, even under the guise of an "aggressive tune"

:cssNET:ok ill ask him sounds like a good idea and at worse he can say no your right :D i love this place :cssNET: