Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.2L L61 Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/)
-   -   Secondary Air Injection on late production 2006 L61's (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/secondary-air-injection-late-production-2006-l61s-38488/)

OrngBalt 06-06-2007 04:55 PM

Shady... what reprogram are you talking about? Details

will_b_shady 06-06-2007 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt (Post 1106883)
Shady... what reprogram are you talking about? Details

WE REFLASHED THE PCM WITH AN 06 PCM PROGRAM THAT DOSENT HAVE SAI THEN DISCONNECTED THE SAI PUMP

OrngBalt 06-06-2007 05:00 PM

oooh, so we wouldnt trip a CEL... Hmmm this could open things up. I am guessing you have removed the stock intake and header?

will_b_shady 06-06-2007 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt (Post 1106893)
oooh, so we wouldnt trip a CEL... Hmmm this could open things up. I am guessing you have removed the stock intake and header?

i dont know yet i am going to drive around for a few days and see if anything happens

OrngBalt 06-06-2007 05:09 PM

Keep me updated... If this works I would be very interested.

If you are able to eliminate the CEL than I think alot of us 2.2 guys would be ecstatic... We can just fully remove the system replace the intake and header and be much happier.

I imagine we would still pass emissions since other models do without this pain in the ass system... anybody else have any input?

**what was the work you did to remove the pump? I didn't realize there was a pump.

will_b_shady 06-06-2007 09:04 PM

Well I Havent Removed It Yet We Just Pulled The Fuse For It

ok so i drove 40 miles after work and no cel. so i guess it is working so far i will let you know if anything changes

will_b_shady 06-07-2007 11:32 AM

last night went to leave and go home and when i started the car the cel came on. we are going to scan later and find out what the code is. i will let you know

will_b_shady 06-12-2007 06:01 PM

So I Finally Got My Car Scanned For The Cel And There Was A P0411 Dtc Which Is Sai Open Circut Code. We Disconnected The Harness To The Pump And We Will See What Happens

tonio5555 06-12-2007 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by will_b_shady (Post 1123532)
So I Finally Got My Car Scanned For The Cel And There Was A P0411 Dtc Which Is Sai Open Circut Code. We Disconnected The Harness To The Pump And We Will See What Happens

Keep us updated.

Halfcent 06-12-2007 09:23 PM

I would say your reflash failed then. You wouldn't get a code for an SAI failure if the OS doesn't include data for SAI.

OrngBalt 06-13-2007 10:57 AM

Damnit... I gotta side with Halfcent here... keep it up tho bro. Would be great if you figured this out

will_b_shady 06-13-2007 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Halfcent (Post 1124275)
I would say your reflash failed then. You wouldn't get a code for an SAI failure if the OS doesn't include data for SAI.

i was thinking the same thing when he told me what the code was. last night i got in my car and had a cel on again so i guess it is back to the drawing board...

OrngBalt 06-13-2007 11:49 AM

Keep up the work shady... I was in your area for all of an hour yesterday on my way back from vacation. Sitting in an airport in Phoenix and debating on running out of the airport and not getting on a plane back to Boston... I was damn close

mrgoodwrench78 06-13-2007 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by will_b_shady (Post 1106888)
WE REFLASHED THE PCM WITH AN 06 PCM PROGRAM THAT DOSENT HAVE SAI THEN DISCONNECTED THE SAI PUMP

who did your reflash? do you drive an dogomatick or stick?

i also did a pcm reflash on my delta,with a manual trans, i work at a GM dealer so i did some research and found that the reason for the sai pump setup on my vehicle was it has california emissions. after requesting info from the vehicle i conncted to my pc went through the sps menus i was asked to select from a list of RPO choices, tire sizes, and trans(man or auto) i chose the same tire size and trans, and the non cali emiisions RPO.
i then unplugged my sai pump ,and have driven 1800 mile w/o SES for SAI

sorry for not having the actual RPOs i will repost tommorow so feel free to drop any ?s

tonio5555 06-13-2007 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by mrgoodwrench78 (Post 1127130)

i also did a pcm reflash on my delta,with a manual trans, i work at a GM dealer so i did some research and found that the reason for the sai pump setup on my vehicle was it has california emissions. after requesting info from the vehicle i conncted to my pc went through the sps menus i was asked to select from a list of RPO choices, tire sizes, and trans(man or auto) i chose the same tire size and trans, and the non cali emiisions RPO.

sorry for not having the actual RPOs i will repost tommorow so feel free to drop any ?s

Interesting. So basically you're just switching off California emissions?

will_b_shady 06-14-2007 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by mrgoodwrench78 (Post 1127130)

i thought this is what he did but i guess not so we will have to redo it

chucktheweasel 06-20-2007 02:19 PM

So does the SAI limit the exhaust possibilities for our cars? Would we be able to still put on an after market cat back or even a full exhaust?

TurboTechRacing 06-20-2007 02:27 PM

You can still put on a cat back, you just cannot use a tube style header, as no one makes one that will work with the SAI yet, that we know of.

chucktheweasel 06-20-2007 02:47 PM

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. One more quick question, do the 07's have SAI on them? Or is it just on the 06's?

CloudyDaysBehind 06-20-2007 04:56 PM

some 06 have them (the later produced ones) and ALL 07s have it.

tbird11749 06-21-2007 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by CloudyDaysBehind (Post 1149839)

I have an 07 LT and i dont have the SAI.

kkanowitz 06-21-2007 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by CloudyDaysBehind (Post 1149839)

Not true... not all 07's have the AIR system. Only the cars that were designed to comply with stricter emission requirements have it.

Jusday 06-21-2007 02:16 AM

subscribed...hopefully some sort of answer or aftermarket parts that work with the SAI come out soon i want to improve my ls sooo bad. oh and a ? for you guys. i have seen the k&n typhoon intake and it looks pretty good, but how does this intake compare numberwise to the injen? also i know its a newb question but CEL is check engine light right? thanks guys:guns:

OrngBalt 06-21-2007 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jusday (Post 1151274)
subscribed...hopefully some sort of answer or aftermarket parts that work with the SAI come out soon i want to improve my ls sooo bad. oh and a ? for you guys. i have seen the k&n typhoon intake and it looks pretty good, but how does this intake compare numberwise to the injen? also i know its a newb question but CEL is check engine light right? thanks guys:guns:

Check out the thread "restricted by SAI" We have spoken with Donna from Cobalt Addiction and if we can get a 2.2 with SAI in there, they would be willing to fabricate something which may become available. CEL is Check Engine Light, but the light itself is a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp)

tonio5555 06-22-2007 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt (Post 1151559)
Check out the thread "restricted by SAI" We have spoken with Donna from Cobalt Addiction and if we can get a 2.2 with SAI in there, they would be willing to fabricate something which may become available. CEL is Check Engine Light, but the light itself is a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp)

They're in NY aren't they? I'm in Northern NJ and I have an 06 w/ SAI. Hmmmm....