Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.2L L61 Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/)
-   -   Whats the best intake? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/whats-best-intake-4316/)

MrTRiX 08-02-2005 10:57 PM

Whats the best intake?

So which of these is the best HP/Price/MPG intake for a Cobalt LS?

K&N Typhoon
Injen
Any others I havent heard of. (Weapon R maybe?)

06 Cobalt 08-03-2005 02:31 AM

I dont think the K&N was released yet.

So as of now I believe there is only the injen.

karl 08-03-2005 03:55 PM

aem should be coming out with one they are really good too

MrTRiX 08-03-2005 11:21 PM

Ive just found info about these 2 coming out. Would these be any good? Should I wait?

Weapon R 307-156-101
Gravana GRV-1002-1001

joe 08-04-2005 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by MrTRiX
Ive just found info about these 2 coming out. Would these be any good? Should I wait?

Weapon R 307-156-101
Gravana GRV-1002-1001

never as good as the injen could ever be as for me...

frankmckeever 08-04-2005 10:46 PM

We're coming out with one in about 2-3 weeks...

MaximumBoost.net

Stay tuned so you can save some cash! :cool:

forcedgminduction 08-07-2005 07:24 PM

want hp? wait for a ram air kit. im not sure if any are even being made for the cobalt but it would be the best one. if not, look for the one where the filter is farthest away from the engine. cold air intakes usually will give you about 5 horses to the wheels at most. but they are not really cold air since they still draw air from the 200 degree engine compartment. ram air draws outside air.

Taro 08-07-2005 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by forcedgminduction
want hp? wait for a ram air kit. im not sure if any are even being made for the cobalt but it would be the best one. if not, look for the one where the filter is farthest away from the engine. cold air intakes usually will give you about 5 horses to the wheels at most. but they are not really cold air since they still draw air from the 200 degree engine compartment. ram air draws outside air.

Im not sure what kind of cold air intakes youve seen but the ones ive seen dont draw air from the engine compartment. They are ushully placed in the tire wheel well or below the car into the fender area.

tiny 08-08-2005 12:37 AM

you have that backwards

BlackSapper 08-12-2005 01:29 PM

For intakes, weapon-r, injen, and gravana make them. So far the weapon-r has the most hp gain on dynos.

Chevy4Life85 08-12-2005 01:36 PM

I have a weapon R on my cavy and I love it, easy to hook up looks great sounds awesome, sucks in more air than you could ever imagine

Gravana1 08-29-2005 03:16 PM

In real-world driving conditions, this is not always true for the Cobalt 2.2. We too had assumed this until we tested it. The air traveling through the intake is moving so fast, the engine begins to pull air from outside the engine bay too quick to measure any HP difference. We tested several scenarios on a DJ-248 (Always closed-hood, starting the fan at the same time we start the pull in order to simulate driving.), as well as real-world testing using a G-Tech Pro. While some cars have poor airflow to cool/displace engine bay heat, the Cobalt actually did quite well for us.

Jim

ORT 08-30-2005 01:38 PM

I have a Weapon-R Intake for my Cobalt. Sounds good definatly sucks in a good amount of air. Did I noticed a difference? Ehh little but not significant. Just really got it for looks. Being that the car will be going to alot of shows.....