Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.2L LAP Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-lap-performance-tech-168/)
-   -   racing seats (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-lap-performance-tech-168/racing-seats-145418/)

StreetglowCobalt 12-05-2008 04:52 PM

racing seats

does any one know of any racing seats that i could put in on the stock rails?

uwishuhdmyecotec 12-05-2008 04:54 PM

im pretty sure the only way to use the stock rails is to cut them up.

Xiled Cobalt 12-07-2008 09:40 PM

Yea. hate to say it you got 2 cut them. I had to cut my rails and start some custom welding. I work for a body shop So tools and supplies were all supplied to me. You cant even tell that they were hacked up and rewelded. It takes about 2-3hrs. But you NEED patience tho.

-Diamond- 12-08-2008 08:12 AM

just go to a junk yard and get some SS recardo seats, dont hack your rails,

HunterKiller89 12-08-2008 11:53 AM

^^ i dont think recardo seats exist....lol
Most aftermarket seats will come with the rails to fit the cobalt. Gravana sells all kinds of seats and seat brackets to fit em in cobalts.

SlowShifter 12-09-2008 04:44 AM

LOL at all the ricer wanna be retards with super sweet seats. Go buy a fucking honda.

silver06cobalt 12-09-2008 10:14 AM

you are an idiot

rcheese2006 12-09-2008 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by SlowShifter (Post 3184147)
LOL at all the ricer wanna be retards with super sweet seats. Go buy a fucking honda.

:thumbsdow there are some nice seats out there that arent sparco. you have crossed the line from being stupid to just plain ignorant

Cougarguy 12-09-2008 11:19 AM

Well i haven't played with cobalt rails but i know on my Cougar rails i used 2x4 metal plates and simply adapted where the difference in mounting points were, i am also utilizing its power fore and aft movement as well as height adjustment, which i actually prefer because aftermarket seats tend to sit high in my platform.

so in summary has anyone tried using 2x4 metal plates yet?

StreetglowCobalt 12-09-2008 07:11 PM

well is there a link to where i can get a whole package, like seats, brackets and everything i cant seem to find one for a good price.

EXsoccer1921 12-09-2008 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by StreetglowCobalt (Post 3187123)
well is there a link to where i can get a whole package, like seats, brackets and everything i cant seem to find one for a good price.

see sig. see gravana tuning. go gravana go.

bowtie32 12-09-2008 07:18 PM

man i dont know where u live but go to a junk yard and find an SS with Recaros, let me know when u find one, i'll definelty be interested

SlowShifter 12-10-2008 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by rcheese2006 (Post 3184565)
:thumbsdow there are some nice seats out there that arent sparco. you have crossed the line from being stupid to just plain ignorant

Because racing seats that look kewl are neccary for under 300hp FWD cars. I am quite sure I know what the hell I am talking about and have more hours logged underneath cars than you do fat chicks. GTFO.

Cobalt-Addiction 12-10-2008 12:40 AM

shoot me an email at kenny@cobalt-addiction.com . I can get you some good quality seats and mounting brackets. We have the brackets instock. Seats we can get over 30 color combos and are very good quality. We also can get sparco and momo if you are interested in very high quality. Just let me know what sort of colors your looking for and i can shoot ya some pics

HunterKiller89 12-10-2008 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by SlowShifter (Post 3188673)
Because racing seats that look kewl are neccary for under 300hp FWD cars. I am quite sure I know what the hell I am talking about and have more hours logged underneath cars than you do fat chicks. GTFO.

arent you the same guy who thought 114 octane fuel would help clean out your fuel injectors though? lol

YelloEye 12-10-2008 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by SlowShifter (Post 3188673)

Quit PMSing dude, you are being a total asshat. The amount of HP has nothing to do with the want/need for getting seats. The stock seats have almost no side bolstering and people who autoX or do road courses want that support from their seats. Also there is the aspect of weight, the stockers are pretty heavy compared to a well manufactured racing seat. Others just want "the look" or are building their cars for show. So please, try to post something constructive next time instead of being a complete dick.

SlowShifter 12-10-2008 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89 (Post 3188970)
arent you the same guy who thought 114 octane fuel would help clean out your fuel injectors though? lol

Yeah:twothumbs

most definantly. Looks like you paid attention to how many posts I have therefore I don't know shit about cars:thumbsdow

-And no, that most certainly was not me.

I know some stuff. VVVVVVV Last build I was on with.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...c3000e8945.htm

Originally Posted by YelloEye (Post 3189008)
Quit PMSing dude, you are being a total asshat. The amount of HP has nothing to do with the want/need for getting seats. The stock seats have almost no side bolstering and people who autoX or do road courses want that support from their seats. Also there is the aspect of weight, the stockers are pretty heavy compared to a well manufactured racing seat. Others just want "the look" or are building their cars for show. So please, try to post something constructive next time instead of being a complete dick.

You are right. I should let people do what they want. I just hate when i see unneccesary things go into cars. I am a hardcore purist enthusiast. My apologies continue about your day.

HunterKiller89 12-10-2008 06:06 AM

i have no idea where post count came into the equasion...but i mistook you for this guy
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/119-octane-whaaat-146101/

anyways...like stated above...whos to say he doesnt autoX with his car and wants some better seats to hold him in place? or enter in car shows? its not your car...let him do what he wants

silver06cobalt 12-10-2008 08:33 PM

So back on subject..

Slow shifter go annoy someone in the honda forums. You arent welcome here

-Diamond- 12-12-2008 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by SlowShifter (Post 3189060)
You are right. I should let people do what they want. I just hate when i see unneccesary things go into cars. I am a hardcore purist enthusiast. My apologies continue about your day.

becuase you the one driving the car right, people like you are dicks... man i would not flame you for somthing you did, or wanted to do to your car, unless it was putting SS badges on a LS or Lt, thats just like a white guy pretending to be black it just doesnt work

Fire_Starter 12-12-2008 09:00 PM

Since when are race seats rice you tool?

Maven 12-21-2008 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by SlowShifter (Post 3189060)
I am a hardcore purist enthusiast.

LMFAO, wtf is that even supposed to mean? So I guess you like to slide around on flat one size fits all stock seats? Oh no......I know what hardcore purist enthusiast means.....you arent the guy who thinks 114 octane is injector cleaner, your the guy who is so hardcore purist that you think an NA build isnt worth it......doesnt sound very pure to me.