2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

2008 Cobalt Sport N/A - Project Ajax

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Cobalt Sport N/A - Project Ajax

Alright so as of right now I've kept it stock, and thought about going all out and making it a ricer to the top. But now after hearing many opinions and suggestions from guys around the shops around here.. I've got an idea of how I want the build to go. I have a few idea's, and I am somewhat car illiterate as far as modifications and specific engine parts are concerned.. but I'm going to run it by you guys for idea's as well see you what you think.. I did look at the offical mod list and also looked at google for countless hours looking at brands and etc, just can't find what I'm looking for specific for my car. It is the 2.4L N/A auto...

This list is ordered by what will be done first.. any opinions on how I should do one thing more than another first would be nice as well.

Cold Air Intake
-> K&N of course
Fuel Injectors - Need a Brand?? Haven't found any for my cobalt
Exhaust - Magnaflows are $900, no idea what would work best for HP. So cheaper is a must.
Manifold - Seen ZZP had some but there site is somewhat confusing to navigate and I always end up on some kit starting at 2k, which all I want is the manifold..
Bolt on Supercharger for my engine.. would be nice
Tune - No idea what to do for this
Old 09-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Premium Member

bad-mab header, zzp 2.5in downpipe, CTI pipe for over the axle, aftermarket muffler (or just man up and buy a gmpp exhaust), and a trifecta tune. as far as a supercharger goes theres multiple threads on em.

all that and im not even a 2.4 haha
Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
why get a intake if you going supercharger..... waste of money, if you want to one by using cheap piping and painted, and get a filter cone. save a lot of money.

supercharger kit will get you the tune and injectors
hptune and trifecta tune, your choice.

zzp combo downpipe and headers.

exhaust, custom is the cheapest way like previously said, with a aftermarket or ss/tc muffler is want really deep sound. gmpp would sound good, idk how will it sound with supercharger.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 PM

Cold Air Intake -> AEM Dryflow (wont F up sensors)
Fuel Injectors - Unknown however as I recall unnecessary unless your boosting it. If you are they should come in the kit if you buy a kit.
Exhaust - 05-10 CHEVY COBALT EXHAUST TUBING KIT for a catback. I havent seen one yet but for the price its worth a look.
Manifold - If your staying NA leave it be. If your boosting it should come with the kit.
Bolt on Supercharger - Only bolt on kits I have actually seen are turbo systems from Hahn, I'd recommend them
Tune - Either/or but I believe Hahns tune is included in their kit.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 AM

Trubendz makes good stuff (aka mes). I've bought 2 CB's from them now. I just put on my 3 inch Borla CB they made for me along with my ZZP header/DP and it is great. I just put in a K&N panel filter since I'll be S/C'ing it soon.