2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

couple questions regarding supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
couple questions regarding supercharger install

Finally got the opportunity to purchase another kit after I sold the one I was working on several months ago to pay for the engine rebuild. Mongorat put together a nice setup for me the other day for $700 bucks since Im doing a few things slightly different then the generic cobalt stuff. Just have a few questions regarding tune adjustments.

Since I am going to be using the LSJ injectors, should I just copy the settings for the injectors directly from the LSJ tune over to the LE5 tune in hptuners? As the only calibration information I have for injectors are for lucas, seimens and GM 42lb'ers.

Do I also copy the parameters for the second MAP sensor (one on the intake manifold) directly from that tune file as well?

Has anyone made any headway with VVT table adjustments that help with the now boosted motor or just leave them stock?

Does anyone also have a hose routing diagram for vacuum lines and IC hoses for this conversion?

How does the damn LSJ tensioner depress to get the belt on? lol

What are you guys wiring the IC pump to and what size fuse?

Ill be running the stock pulley to start and then probably upgrading to a 2.8 or 2.9, what kind of boost should I expect? Ill be running the bosch 0 392 022 010 pump from the SL55 AMG, and the frozenboost Type100 heat exchanger 24x12x1.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
stock lsj injectors wont be enough
dunno on MAP sensor, I pay a ninja for that
VVT tables will make a difference, just go slow with them after you have a SOLID file in the car
no need for any vacuum lines...what is your issue?
heat exchanger hose routing is factory or you can change to suite your needs...been covered several times
to depress tensioner-14mm wrench; but just spend the cash and get the pulleyboys tensioner tool; best money ive spent ever
put in a add a fuse, 10A fuse and run it off fuel pump fuse...been covered several times

boost is relative and worthless....I was at 12psi with a 2.8 pulley on m62 now im rocking 2.6pulley on tvs and Im 20psi
and youll be notching the core support prolly
Old 12-10-2014, 10:35 PM

stock LSJ injectors wont be enough on the stock pulley? Or you mean down the road when I pulley down?

I was speaking about the vac lines that are currently connected to the oem manifold, brake booster, PCV, and purge, where are they being routed to.

notching the core support because of the position of the automatic car's motor being slightly forward?
Old 12-10-2014, 10:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Brake booster goes into the larger nipple on the blower,

pcv on the intake

evap to the throttle body
Old 12-10-2014, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldnt trust stock injectors at all...added displacement is just subjective though

booster goes to blower post TB where LSJ booster hose connects to, pcv goes to where pcv connects to on lsj car, EVAP purge connects to where LSJ EVAP purge connects to...

Yes notched, stock pulley weather you auto/standard
Old 12-10-2014, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by sandman
Brake booster goes into the larger nipple on the blower,

pcv on the intake

evap to the throttle body
Perfect, thanks, the top nipple on the intake manifold, is that required or is that left off, as well as the bottom line in the BPV. I assume there was an inline electric boost solenoid there?
Old 12-10-2014, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Verbatim
I wouldnt trust stock injectors at all...added displacement is just subjective though

booster goes to blower post TB where LSJ booster hose connects to, pcv goes to where pcv connects to on lsj car, EVAP purge connects to where LSJ EVAP purge connects to...

Yes notched, stock pulley weather you auto/standard
Gotcha, I see the pulley makes contact, LSJ's have a different core support or something?
Old 12-10-2014, 10:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Spawne32
Perfect, thanks, the top nipple on the intake manifold, is that required or is that left off, as well as the bottom line in the BPV. I assume there was an inline electric boost solenoid there?
If you are talking about the nipple on the lsj intake manifold then that one will just go to your boost gauge.

and bottom line in bpv stays open for the reason that you assumed
Old 12-10-2014, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by sandman
If you are talking about the nipple on the lsj intake manifold then that one will just go to your boost gauge.

and bottom line in bpv stays open for the reason that you assumed
Yeh im actually gonna cut that nipple off if its useless and thread in a compression fitting for the gauge. I've been down the road with the rubber ends that go on the mechanical boost line...was replacing them every month from dry rot. We converted my brothers speed6 boost gauge setup over the summer to brass compression fittings, havent had a problem since.