2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

2014 Chevy Cruze SS Coupe... really??

Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, thats really the best way to do it. I've had lots of fun E-braking all around a snow covered parking lot. haha.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My only point is - its a fact there there is barely any RWD cars where I live, and my personal experience is they are harder to keep on the road - even if you know what your doing. Which might be why there is barely any on the road in winter.

Winter here can be 6 months long of never seeing pavement with temperatures of -67F.

I dunno what you people considering winter lol.

A nice touch of "snow near the lakes", during a sunny drive to get some tea?? ;P

I try to garage my cobalt simply because there is a huge risk of it getting totaled during those winter months. And Ive never been at fault or got a ticket in my life, im just scared of other drivers. That said I dont mind RWD, or have any problems particularly driving it. Just not as forgiving as my cobalt! I not saying RWD is bad for winter, just that its worse than FWD for DD purposes. Just personal opinion based off driving both during winter for many years.

Last edited by cranemaster; 10-16-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:20 AM

First off, your full of ****. -67F? did it get that cold, like once ever? I live in Alberta. I could have said we get that cold, but what difference does it make?? No Canadian measures temp in Fahrenheit anyway. Also we see snow probably 8 months of the year. But to say that the snow is always piled up on the street would be silly. What matters is ice.

Winter here is an average of -15 to -20C. We see - 40C days, we also see 0C days. And I'm not afraid to drive my car year round. EVEN if I had a RWD. Maybe we don't see a lot of them in the winter. But that's because our society (US and Canada) is a bunch of pansies when it comes to winter. A single snowflake hits the ground and people panic. Forgetting that we do this **** every year...
Old 10-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Very convincing..I'd actually consider picking one up..depends on what mods would work with the model and if GM makes any stage kits. I would wait a while before buying one, personally.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:28 AM

Last year was the most mild winter I've ever experienced. But with wind chill -55c happens and definately -38+ for days at a time. Not sure if global warming is to blame but last winter I don't think there was much more than a week a couldn't see pavement.. :/ still had my car garaged though =]
Old 10-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by PyroSiege
But that's because our society (US and Canada) is a bunch of pansies when it comes to winter. A single snowflake hits the ground and people panic. Forgetting that we do this **** every year...
So true. My parents were telling me about a time in the 80s when they lived in Kentucky. They had just gotten an inch of snow, if that, and my mom said "Let's go to the mall", so they hopping in their FWD 1983 Subaru coupe and went to the local mall..... which was closed when they got there due to snow. Both my parents are from New England, so the thought of snow didn't phase them.
"F**king pansies" My dad said, and proceeded to freak my mom out by doing reverse donuts in the mall parking lot.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 PM

It needs a different back end, I dont like it, the rest of the car is sharp as ****, and the stats sound great.

Originally Posted by TommyTwinCams
So true. My parents were telling me about a time in the 80s when they lived in Kentucky. They had just gotten an inch of snow, if that, and my mom said "Let's go to the mall", so they hopping in their FWD 1983 Subaru coupe and went to the local mall..... which was closed when they got there due to snow. Both my parents are from New England, so the thought of snow didn't phase them.
"F**king pansies" My dad said, and proceeded to freak my mom out by doing reverse donuts in the mall parking lot.
LOL

Last edited by MURDERD; 10-23-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2012, 01:38 PM

I'm thinking that with the success of the Focus ST that GM will probably try to outdo Ford. With the upcoming Dart SRT4 also it seems like GM will have to upgrade the interior and quality of the car to compete.

I really hope GM makes the car nice on the inside.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:04 PM

this is my next car...hopefully my cobalts lasts till then
Old 12-07-2012, 11:27 PM
g21

GM is amazing at surprises the hell out of people. The cobalt ss still hold the record on the nuremburg(however you spell it). I have owned two cobalt SS cars because NOTHING beats the sheer amazing value of it's performance per dollar. I had cars litterally try and run me off the road before because my little econo-cobalt smoked them so bad. If you want a better handling, luxury RWD LNF... Its here. Look no further than the amazing ATS with magnetic ride control. Go look at one, it will blow your mind. I just traded my cobalt in for a 2009 cadillac cts-v, another world record holder for a time. I love how GM came out and kicked everyone in the nuts with those two vehicles. The CRUZE SS is sure be the best value performace economy car just like the cobalt. The frame is stronger and lighter. GM needs to focus on what made the cobalt stand out so much. 2900 lbs or less. THATS why we blow the doors off of EVOS!! If they can make an AWD take the power of mods and keep it light weight and inexspensive--- GM go for it!! If not, most likely, I recommend GM should make sure you can put some seriously wide/large tires on the front. Capable of 275mm or better. And please put the magnetic ride control on the cruze ss.... Kick Honda civic type R in the nuts and we will all laugh.

Previous cars I have owned recently- big turbo Mazdaspeed 6, 2006 bmw m roadster, audi q4 quattro with apr performance parts. And TWO cobalt SS cars
Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 PM
g21

I want a cruze ss for a dd really bad.... Plus the cts-v cant make it up the mountain for snowboarding :-(
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 AM

All I have to say is Cadillac is already making a AWD LNF (slightly different) ATS.... The cheaper Chevy version is on its way..

ATS AWD with all my accessories = 56k

Chevy SS AWD i could see 35k
Old 12-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor

The ATS doesn't use the LNF it uses a newer engine that is similar but better. It's 16% more efficient and uses an electronic BPV. I think the RPO code is LTG.

2013 Cadillac ATS Turbo Four Engine - YouTube
Old 12-09-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by reduf99
If its fwd ill pass
This is all that matters... Lol
Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 PM

I wish RWD but I doubt that'll ever happen AWD would be Ok.. still prefer RWD for the fun factor and actually requiring some skill to launch This is why I also like the BRZ and that Scion, but they're WAY underpowered for a sports car.. if they turbocharge them and put at least 260-280 hp under the hood, ****.. sign me up right now! Take a hint here GM Please

As for the guys talking about snow and pansies n ****.. I'd prefer RWD most of the time because it's easier to predict what it'll do. I mean, how hard is it to take your foot off of the throttle and correct a spinout at 60mph? Is this really THAT difficult?? With FWD, you have to hit the gas to bring the ass back inline, but the front end can also lose traction and not steer correctly.. then you gotta hit the e-brake to kick the ass back out lol Most people just panic and hit the brakes, which is the WORST thing you could ever do in ANY situation; even with gay ABS. I really hate all these electronic nannies they put on cars nowadays honestly.. My '12 Ford Focus is a real bitch and I can see where if you actually lost control on the highway, the stupid computer would make you go down the highway at 60mph totally sideways while it tries to correct the skid to make the car go straight.. this is why cars that get skidded out like this and go across 3 lanes explode into pieces by being hit by a semi that can't do a damn thing to prevent it. I try and do an e-brake in the Focus, and the stupid computer won't let me go past a 90ş angle in a skid.. the only way I can bring it around is to crank the wheel the other way and hit reverse and even then, it's just stupid, it still doesn't react properly. When I was young and stupid, I could do 360ş doughnuts down a street with parked cars 2 or 3 times and in complete control with a FWD without hitting a damn thing.. Not so anymore.. my skills mean nothing when a computer works against me!!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 PM

Maybe the'll do it like the ATS and have a AWD option as but make it a FWD standard for a more affordable cost.

So Cruze SS with a 2 and 4 door options with a 4 door hatch model as well. They all get FWD with an optional AWD system for $5000-$7000 or what ever it costs to add AWD. With a HP rating of 260-280 and a K04 Turbo!

I'd be on the four door version within months of it's release! For AWD or FWD, I'd love an AWD version but if I can't afford it, I'm getting a FWD and calling it a day. I don't mind FWD unlike the majority of you guys.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM

I think fuel prices are down enough for it to be reasonable to make another SS... or maybe I just got used to paying $4/gallon for premium lol
Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aleksey
I think fuel prices are down enough for it to be reasonable to make another SS... or maybe I just got used to paying $4/gallon for premium lol
LOL, I know what you mean. I seen 3.57 for premium the other day and i stopped my entire trip just to fill up lol.

All I have to say is, I am a RWD man (even though i have a FWD SS). If chevy came back out with a better look solstice and put the LNF in it or the ATS motor into it. I would be buying that in a heart beat. ATS you can buy RWD 2.0 turbo right now.. but it is way to heavy.

My SS right now go 34 mpg on a 163 mile trip on I80... that is hard to lose in these high gas prices
Old 12-18-2012, 04:19 AM

I would love a more manly solstice type of vehicle, with moddern interior and the like. I love rwd in the winter, but really, next vehicle with be awd! Just has to be.

That ats is basically a perfect car for me.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 PM

Is the Detroit Auto Show in January? If it is, do you guys think they'll actually debut the Cruze SS?
Old 12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
pics?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by vahdyx
Is the Detroit Auto Show in January? If it is, do you guys think they'll actually debut the Cruze SS?
Yes, it is. Like early January. I'm definitely going, so I'll snap some pics if it's actually there. I just see the Chevy SS being there though..
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by cranemaster
My only point is - its a fact there there is barely any RWD cars where I live, and my personal experience is they are harder to keep on the road - even if you know what your doing. Which might be why there is barely any on the road in winter.

Winter here can be 6 months long of never seeing pavement with temperatures of -67F.

I dunno what you people considering winter lol.

A nice touch of "snow near the lakes", during a sunny drive to get some tea?? ;P

I try to garage my cobalt simply because there is a huge risk of it getting totaled during those winter months. And Ive never been at fault or got a ticket in my life, im just scared of other drivers. That said I dont mind RWD, or have any problems particularly driving it. Just not as forgiving as my cobalt! I not saying RWD is bad for winter, just that its worse than FWD for DD purposes. Just personal opinion based off driving both during winter for many years.

Well, my winters consisted of either snow, lake effect snow, black ice, and rain/sleet/ice sheeted streets but usually never really dropped below -10 - -20 if it got bad.. Besides last winter... and this winter, chicago is usually not really good for my SS. FWD is good, but definitely sucks if your trying to go around a corner give a little gas, and your tires start spinning, you lose traction and you drift, in my 76 cutlass which was RWD i used to just give it gas around a turn let the back end swing a little, release off of the gas and bam im already pointing where i need to go and just chug along. Now i know the cutlass was way more heavier and had 15 inch rims with meaty tires.. but my focus had same issues but not as bad as my SS.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 AM

Looks like the article was incorrect. No show Detroit Auto Show
Old 01-18-2013, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by vahdyx
Looks like the article was incorrect. No show Detroit Auto Show
Yeah, I kind of figured as much. If GM is developing a Cruze SS, they will probably wait until Dodge releases the DSRT4. Kind of like the Viper and Corvette.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Chevy Cruze SS Coupe... really??