Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2010+ Future Cruze Discussions (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2010-future-cruze-discussions-162/)
-   -   REPORT: Cruze SS Possible (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2010-future-cruze-discussions-162/report-cruze-ss-possible-197615/)

Force 12-02-2009 11:37 PM

REPORT: Cruze SS Possible

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/02/r...-company-insi/

Enjoy, ladies and gentlemen.

utsadude 12-02-2009 11:42 PM

It's talking about using the powerplant that the defunct Cobalt SS uses...

A 2.0l direct injected turbo mated with a SIX speed manual...

As they say in that article, don't hold your breathe.

Jn2 12-02-2009 11:44 PM

at this moment your options with the cruze when its released will be a ls, lt1, and lt2 i believe. the std engine will be a 1.8l ecotec running 10.5:1 compression, the other optional engine will the 1.4l turbo ecotec running 9.5:1 compression, making only a few more hp than the 1.8, and a bit more trq....funny thing is i just read the updated bulletin on this earlier today and i cant remember the rest of the details, but that link u posted seems like they dont know what they are talking about...

"...260-horsepower turbocharged and direct injected 2.0-liter four-cylinder called Ecotec and six-speed manual gearbox as seen in the defunct Cobalt SS and still-available HHR SS, including the very cool Launch Control and No-Lift Shift technology. Of course, the Cruze's rear torsion bar suspenders may limit the car's handling prowess a bit,..."

umm...cobalts and hhr's dont come with a 6spd manual or auto, and the cobalt and hhr run a rear torsion beam aswell...the cruze will have the option of a 6spd auto, or 6spd manual

Force 12-03-2009 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jn2 (Post 4497509)
at this moment your options with the cruze when its released will be a ls, lt1, and lt2 i believe. the std engine will be a 1.8l ecotec running 10.5:1 compression, the other optional engine will the 1.4l turbo ecotec running 9.5:1 compression, making only a few more hp than the 1.8, and a bit more trq....funny thing is i just read the updated bulletin on this earlier today and i cant remember the rest of the details, but that link u posted seems like they dont know what they are talking about...

"...260-horsepower turbocharged and direct injected 2.0-liter four-cylinder called Ecotec and six-speed manual gearbox as seen in the defunct Cobalt SS and still-available HHR SS, including the very cool Launch Control and No-Lift Shift technology. Of course, the Cruze's rear torsion bar suspenders may limit the car's handling prowess a bit,..."

umm...cobalts and hhr's dont come with a 6spd manual or auto, and the cobalt and hhr run a rear torsion beam aswell...the cruze will have the option of a 6spd auto, or 6spd manual

Read the article more closely. The SS would NOT be a launch option, more likely available with the model refresh in 2014. IN addition, they never said our cars had 6spd gearboxes. They're basically saying a Cruze SS COULD have the 6spd mated with our powertrain and LC/NLS technology.

They go on to note that since the Cruze uses a torsion beam rear suspension like us, the handling could be compromised. While I'd love a multilink setup or something, I beg to differ on this point... I think the SS/TC handles better than fine with the twist beam.

ColeJJones 12-03-2009 09:39 AM

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...rolet-cruze-ss

brickerenator 12-03-2009 09:40 AM

Knowing GM as of late, they'll fuck it up

CrystalRedSS 12-03-2009 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by brickerenator (Post 4498019)

^^^this made me lol.

Sp33dyG 12-03-2009 02:07 PM

if they do make a SS version of the cruze i may get one :D

riko540 12-03-2009 08:39 PM

I hope they announce a performance trim however I hope they don't give it an SS badge. Call it a Z# or an RS.

ss4life1023 12-04-2009 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jn2 (Post 4497509)

ummm.... hhr ss is available with an auto tranny.

riko540 12-04-2009 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ss4life1023 (Post 4501176)
ummm.... hhr ss is available with an auto tranny.

Yeah but not a six speed auto tranny like they are going to put in the Cruze

msfitoy 12-04-2009 05:08 PM

Oh Wow...is the quality a night and day improvement over Cobalt!!! I've been climbing all over one for over an hour today...everything from the sound of the door closing to the tactile feed back from the switches to the vastly improved trim level...night and day improvement...I wish like hell the Cobalt got this treatment...DAMMMMMMMM Them!!!!!

It's going to be a sweet sedan that'll finally be on par with the VW and Audis but class winning performance like our SS/TC? Forget it...did you hear Fritz got fired? I mean retired?

Jaemon52 12-04-2009 05:10 PM

Wow, a Corolla SS. That'd be way cooler than an LNF cobalt...

: /

CptTheAlex 12-04-2009 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by riko540 (Post 4499602)
I hope they announce a performance trim however I hope they don't give it an SS badge. Call it a Z# or an RS.

Oh shit here we go again.

Jn2 12-04-2009 06:37 PM

Post edited

rallyracer 12-04-2009 06:51 PM

2014...fuckers.

Baron7700 12-04-2009 07:50 PM

read up, the cruze has a 6spd manual as standard with a 6 speed auto as an option. IF they did some sort of possible SS, im sure itd have a 6 speed in there.

Does anyone read the posts in the cruze section, all of this information has been pretty much already linked to or covered in other threads.

Like the new possible engine going in it, the transmission options etc...

Besides who cars about 5 years from now, i know in that time im not gunna worry about if chevy is going to make another cheap sports car, cuz ill prob still have the cobalt I JUST GOT and a 2013 M3 or something.... :)

Seriously tho next vehicle I buy will be the ford F-150 raptor sweet truck, So sorry 2014 Cruze SS, not in time for me :(

SilverSS/SC 12-05-2009 05:28 PM

Im sure Ford wont mind insering a Focus ST/RS in the missing cruze SS's place . Dont be surprised if/when they do get around to a SS Cruze , it ends up being a 5-door hatch . A standard Cruze hatch is coming . They sold 90K Cobalt coupes last year , Im baffled theres not a coupe in the works with the Cruze .

JohnnySasakiMGS 12-05-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by brickerenator (Post 4498019)

Thats quote worthy as hell. Too bad I already have a good quote!

Erod 12-05-2009 05:40 PM

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ide-CatFud.gif

anybody want to buy chevycruzess.com? lol

JohnnySasakiMGS 12-05-2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC (Post 4504096)
Im sure Ford wont mind insering a Focus ST/RS in the missing cruze SS's place . Dont be surprised if/when they do get around to a SS Cruze , it ends up being a 5-door hatch . A standard Cruze hatch is coming . They sold 90K Cobalt coupes last year , Im baffled theres not a coupe in the works with the Cruze .

A coupe cruze would look SOOOOO much better than that 4 door crap they came up with. What did Chris Bangle quit BMW to work for GM?

Farside cartoons FTW!

msfitoy 12-05-2009 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC (Post 4504096)

Again...Ford is not government owned...GM is controlled by a "Car Czar" and a "Pay Czar"...which company would I bet on putting out frivolous fun cars?

Black SS/SC 06 12-05-2009 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Erod (Post 4504132)
anybody want to buy chevycruzess.com? lol

Too much risk with that :lol:

SuperchargedSS 12-05-2009 06:08 PM

Not going to happen.

CordiaDOHC 12-05-2009 06:22 PM

Please god fix the grill on the cruze.

And what happened? did gm run out of car size chevy bowties and start using the ones from the 4500 class diesel rigs on the cruze?