ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

OFFICIAL Blown 4-banger build updates!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Measurements for that plate were taken from the head unit of the stereo. I just held it up to the center console with all the gauges in it. OMG so sexy. Its going to be so effing awesome at night!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Looks good cam, when can we expect this thing finished?
Old 07-07-2008, 02:41 PM

Well, I'm waiting on my machinist to finish the head work. If it was a normal port job, it probably would have been done by now. However, the head it getting retardedly ported (we will have to port match the intake mani gasket, as well as the manifold itself), and he's going to extra measures to ensure maximum air flow is being achieved out of the all the ports. Its a longer process, but it will be very worth it in the end (a head that flows 300+ cfm is grounds for **** tons of power). Best case scenario the head work will be done this weekend. So my car may be running mid next week. The head work will most likely be done, NEXT weekend. So I'd say 2 1/2 to 3 weeks til the car is thumpin along at 1200 rpm in my driveway
Old 07-07-2008, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
Well, I'm waiting on my machinist to finish the head work. If it was a normal port job, it probably would have been done by now. However, the head it getting retardedly ported (we will have to port match the intake mani gasket, as well as the manifold itself), and he's going to extra measures to ensure maximum air flow is being achieved out of the all the ports. Its a longer process, but it will be very worth it in the end (a head that flows 300+ cfm is grounds for **** tons of power). Best case scenario the head work will be done this weekend. So my car may be running mid next week. The head work will most likely be done, NEXT weekend. So I'd say 2 1/2 to 3 weeks til the car is thumpin along at 1200 rpm in my driveway
Cool i cant wait to see some videos!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:34 PM

only took a year and some change..
Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 PM

16 months of horror. It really has sucked ass, cause I've ALWAYS had a car since I was 16 years old. Now I have a race car with no engine Luckily I have great friends and they all helped me out with rides and such (besides, I ALWAYS drove when I had my car).
Old 07-07-2008, 11:16 PM

what? no music?!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
what? no music?!
You wouldn't be able to hear it over the car anyway.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 AM

Id like to see charts of these over 300cfm flow numbers...seeing as gm isnt runing over 290cfm in their race heads for the 1000hp+ cars

2-3 weeks...thats honestly about the time mine should finally be finished being put back together with the new little upgrades
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned

So you're replacing the radio with the gauges. What ya gonna do for music?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by SSdan
So you're replacing the radio with the gauges. What ya gonna do for music?
He could honestly just put a small aftermarket headunit in the glovebox or somewhere stupid and wire it up. Just extend the harness, give him something to do while waiting, lol.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:19 PM

*waits for my exhaust is all the music i need reply*
Old 07-08-2008, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
*waits for my exhaust is all the music i need reply*
^^^LMAO^^^

I was literally writing that in the quick reply box as I read your post!!!

I finished the gauge panel last night. IT LOOKS ******* SICK!!!!!!!!! <--I don't know why thats there. Puked from excitment maybe? I'll post pics in a couple minutes.

So Basically, I'm UBER lazy. So instead of fabricating brackets to mount the panel, I took the face off the stock head unit, used a band saw to cut off the unwanted part (the face), and JB welded the panel to the mounting piece of the stock head unit.

See

It turned out pretty awesome IMO

All the gauges fit, pretty tight, but they fit non the less

Radio? I DON'T NEED NO ******* RADIO!!!

Last edited by Blown 4-banger; 07-08-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-08-2008, 02:33 PM

I dig, I dig.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 PM

who the hell would rather listen to a radio than the sound of turbo spooling
Old 07-08-2008, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by EthensCobalt
ME! I ******* hate turbo sounds. So damn annoying. Well the spooling is ok, wastegate roar is disgusting, and BOV's enrage me.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by EthensCobalt
Cameron would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than a turbo spooling...he'll be listing to his supercharger whine - well, if he can hear it over the exhaust anyway.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Banned

I just don't understand why not have the A-Pillar gauges AND 2 steering column gauges.

Maybe I just love listening to music as I drive.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:01 PM

^^True story.Can't live without it.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
You have a Daily Driver... not a "Race Car".

I love music to death and am always listening to it. But there are PLENTY of times that I can turn it off and just listen to the purr of the car.

Besides... if he wants Music... he can get an iPod/Zune.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:46 PM

I just don't understand why not have the A-Pillar gauges AND 2 steering column gauges.

Ok, so say I get a 3 gauge pillar pod, then 2 steering column gauges. Wheres my last gauge go? I currently have a 2 gauge pillar pod, with a scan gauge and a wide band. I have FOUR more gauges. I needed a gauge panel, and the stereo was in the way

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
You have a Daily Driver... not a "Race Car".

I love music to death and am always listening to it. But there are PLENTY of times that I can turn it off and just listen to the purr of the car.

Besides... if he wants Music... he can get an iPod/Zune.
I'm a driver, man. Instead of meditating or watching TV, I drive to relax. When I drive, its just me and the car. In the year I drove my car, I listened to the radio MAYBE 15 times. Out of those 15 times, 10 of them was because I had friends in the car who wanted to listen to music. 95% of the time my radio was off, so getting rid of it wasn't even a question for me.

Also, I've made enough changes to this thing from my friends. I was originally planning on getting crank windows, manual locks, and replacing the interior panels with either sheet aluminum or carbon fiber, they said it would be loud inside and look stupid, yada yada yada. Then I was already starting to take measurments to fabricate a A/C compressor delete pulley, and get rid of the A/C and plumbing and ****. Friends hounded me into keepin the A/C on it. Radio, they WANTED me to keep it in... **** 'Em!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:48 AM

Ok newest update. I talked to David (the guy doing my head work) today. He said the head should done porting, flow benched, and fully assembled by sunday, if not saturday. OMG!!! So, not to get ahead of myself, but provided everything goes smoothly, I very well could have a running car by NEXT WEEKEND!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:34 AM

^^^LMAO^^^

I was literally writing that in the quick reply box as I read your post!!!

I finished the gauge panel last night. IT LOOKS ******* SICK!!!!!!!!! <--I don't know why thats there. Puked from excitment maybe? I'll post pics in a couple minutes.

So Basically, I'm UBER lazy. So instead of fabricating brackets to mount the panel, I took the face off the stock head unit, used a band saw to cut off the unwanted part (the face), and JB welded the panel to the mounting piece of the stock head unit.

Radio? I DON'T NEED NO ******* RADIO!!!
Can anyone say BAMF?

Looking sweet!! Make sure to get first start videos up too.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:53 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
I'm a driver, man. Instead of meditating or watching TV, I drive to relax. When I drive, its just me and the car. In the year I drove my car, I listened to the radio MAYBE 15 times. Out of those 15 times, 10 of them was because I had friends in the car who wanted to listen to music. 95% of the time my radio was off, so getting rid of it wasn't even a question for me.

Also, I've made enough changes to this thing from my friends. I was originally planning on getting crank windows, manual locks, and replacing the interior panels with either sheet aluminum or carbon fiber, they said it would be loud inside and look stupid, yada yada yada. Then I was already starting to take measurements to fabricate a A/C compressor delete pulley, and get rid of the A/C and plumbing and ****. Friends hounded me into keepin the A/C on it. Radio, they WANTED me to keep it in... **** 'Em!
Times Eleventy Billion.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:27 PM

Ok, so say I get a 3 gauge pillar pod, then 2 steering column gauges. Wheres my last gauge go? I currently have a 2 gauge pillar pod, with a scan gauge and a wide band. I have FOUR more gauges. I needed a gauge panel, and the stereo was in the way

Also, I've made enough changes to this thing from my friends. I was originally planning on getting crank windows, manual locks, and replacing the interior panels with either sheet aluminum or carbon fiber, they said it would be loud inside and look stupid, yada yada yada. Then I was already starting to take measurments to fabricate a A/C compressor delete pulley, and get rid of the A/C and plumbing and ****. Friends hounded me into keepin the A/C on it. Radio, they WANTED me to keep it in... **** 'Em!
you can buy a Cupholder pod.. a guy from OCC want to get rid of his.. maybe you could get it if you want

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Blown 4-banger build updates!