All Cars Café The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat about all cars.

Help with Tuning DSM (Eclipse GSX)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 09:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chevygirl2006
Yes. What software are y’all using?
He said DSMLink…
I'd recommend going on the ecmlink forums. guys there are really cool from my experience. Take some datalogs, and post your tune and you should get some informative responses. You have to register and have it approved by the admins using your serial number for the ECMLink. I didn't have an ECMLink setup at the time but they still let me in. Just don't be a douche. Also might try dsmtuners. I've played with dsmlink V2 on a 95 GSX with a 6 bolt swap,680's 16g, 3" exhaust, 264 cams... that I had. I found it to be pretty user friendly. there are charts posted on the interwebs for global dead times for the injectors, then dial that in and adjust the maf Hz... to get it drivable. and from what ive seen V3 offers suggestions on what to tweak as it reads your logs.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:01 PM

Received 361 Likes on 308 Posts
Originally Posted by FLASH1970
He said DSMLink…
I'd recommend going on the ecmlink forums. guys there are really cool from my experience. Take some datalogs, and post your tune and you should get some informative responses. You have to register and have it approved by the admins using your serial number for the ECMLink. I didn't have an ECMLink setup at the time but they still let me in. Just don't be a douche. Also might try dsmtuners. I've played with dsmlink V2 on a 95 GSX with a 6 bolt swap,680's 16g, 3" exhaust, 264 cams... that I had. I found it to be pretty user friendly. there are charts posted on the interwebs for global dead times for the injectors, then dial that in and adjust the maf Hz... to get it drivable. and from what ive seen V3 offers suggestions on what to tweak as it reads your logs.
Could you point me to some charts that I should use? My biggest issue is trusting someone I don't know lol, that's why I asked here first. Would you be willing to look at the tune file once I determine exactly all the mod specs? ATM he is going through some health issues so things have been on hold.