All Cars Café The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat about all cars.

What do you guys think of the new LS Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
What do you guys think of the new LS Camaro?

Please before we start NO *V8 or bust newb* posts....I'm well aware

Bottom line is my Father is a new car salesman and he is able to get me a "decent" deal on a new 1LS camaro, at first I literally Lol'd but then started looking and surprisingly they come very well equipped.

This one is a 6spd M with the 2.0T LS comes with the touch screen, projector headlights and yeah,...apparently its not the old shitty stripped down LS I'm remembering

and of course it's got the 2.0T we all love.

This is more of a what do you guys think of the 2017 Camaro? anyone ever driven one? would it be any quicker than my cobalt? I've never bought a new car, and I still probably wont just wanna see what you guys think.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
its not quite the 2.0l we all love, its the next iteration of it. still a great motor, still got a lot of technology that was worked through on our cobalts. i was saying before the 2010 got released that the base engine should be a turbo 4, and the ss versions a turbo 6 around 400-420 ish hp. save a v8 option for the z28 and special cars. turbo 4s and 6s are the future.

i havent ever driven one but i dont mind the cars. it wouldnt be faster than your cobalt stock to stock, the camaro still has a bunch of weight over a cobalt and just a little more power. but zzp has already done some good things with them, iirc they have one in the 11s already. if your looking for a good car to mod and be a little different, i think its a good choice. you will have the aftermarket for the rest of the car that any domestic v8 car has, and will have the support from other well known sources for go fast bits.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
I have a 16 camaro v6(wife's car) it's a nice car all around but I still prefer my cobalt
Old 06-07-2017, 07:46 PM

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
IIRC Someone on HPT forums tuned a stock engine to 285rwhp. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkey
its not quite the 2.0l we all love, its the next iteration of it. still a great motor, still got a lot of technology that was worked through on our cobalts. i was saying before the 2010 got released that the base engine should be a turbo 4, and the ss versions a turbo 6 around 400-420 ish hp. save a v8 option for the z28 and special cars. turbo 4s and 6s are the future.

i havent ever driven one but i dont mind the cars. it wouldnt be faster than your cobalt stock to stock, the camaro still has a bunch of weight over a cobalt and just a little more power. but zzp has already done some good things with them, iirc they have one in the 11s already. if your looking for a good car to mod and be a little different, i think its a good choice. you will have the aftermarket for the rest of the car that any domestic v8 car has, and will have the support from other well known sources for go fast bits.
Good to know, thanks!
Originally Posted by Snail_SS
I have a 16 camaro v6(wife's car) it's a nice car all around but I still prefer my cobalt
What do you like more about the cobalt?!
Originally Posted by Jesse
IIRC Someone on HPT forums tuned a stock engine to 285rwhp. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could.
Yeah but if its strictly about power my TC has that one licked
Old 06-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

I just like the power the cobalt has but then again I can't compare them, I'm not going to lie I do like the car alot and if it had more power it would be alot better than the cobalt because of the refinement the camaro has and the new tech. You can't go wrong with a camaro and with the 2.0 version I'm sure it would be better since you can tune and upgrade better than the v6 (yes I know you can mod it as well)
Old 06-07-2017, 09:44 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Love the look of them but they still have issues with blind spots. Plus, what are you going to drive in the winter living in Canada? Would be an upgrade from your cobalt in anything other than raw power due to weight.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:18 PM

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Snail_SS
I just like the power the cobalt has but then again I can't compare them, I'm not going to lie I do like the car alot and if it had more power it would be alot better than the cobalt because of the refinement the camaro has and the new tech. You can't go wrong with a camaro and with the 2.0 version I'm sure it would be better since you can tune and upgrade better than the v6 (yes I know you can mod it as well)
I don't know if the 4cyl has this problem but the new V6 in the camaro and malibu don't open throttle 100% until almost 4k RPM no matter what you change in the tune. I'd hate that.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member

Yeah but I will admit if you drive it like a normal person it get amazing gas mileage lol
Old 06-07-2017, 11:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkey

I disagree with the 6T SS simply on principle of the history of the Camaro. However, the videos and reviews I've seen all say great things about the 2.0T other than the sheer weight of the car. I priced one for fun and was really disappointed you can't get the 4cyl with the handling package or anything but the lowering effects package. I thought that was pretty lame that you had to get the V6 for a freakin handling and brake package Personally I think it would be a fun little sleeper once you let ZZP take it to the works so I would get one if it was manual and had a good price tag with the right options!