Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Appearance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/)
-   -   07 stock balt ss (non-sc) rim (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/07-stock-balt-ss-non-sc-rim-156081/)

Zice 02-16-2009 11:14 PM

07 stock balt ss (non-sc) rim

Im looking to buy 1 stock 17" cobalt ss rim b/c recently i hit a pretty big pot hole and bent mine up pretty bad. Also if anybody has any info, im trying to get my rims painted black...recomendations? thx :twothumbs

NS06G5 02-16-2009 11:20 PM

you'd be better off looking at aftermarket rims. A new stocker costs $1100-$1500 new at the dealer, without any rubber, EACH. I think it would be damned near impossible to buy just one used, but anything can happen. So for the price of one new 17" stocker you can get yourself a whole set(including rubber) of aftermarkets. But reguardless, good luck either way, just some FYI for ya.

Zice 02-16-2009 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by NS06G5 (Post 3479274)
you'd be better off looking at aftermarket rims. A new stocker costs $1100-$1500 new at the dealer, without any rubber, EACH. I think it would be damned near impossible to buy just one used, but anything can happen. So for the price of one new 17" stocker you can get yourself a whole set(including rubber) of aftermarkets. But reguardless, good luck either way, just some FYI for ya.

do u know of any place or website were i might be able to get some nice aftermarket rims but for a good price? and thx for the feedback :twothumbs

wardzach2007 02-16-2009 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zice (Post 3479292)
do u know of any place or website were i might be able to get some nice aftermarket rims but for a good price? and thx for the feedback :twothumbs

tirerack.com

NS06G5 02-16-2009 11:27 PM

hey no prob, that's what the site is for.

there are lots, best way to go is do a google search, or hit up one of our supporting vendors I think TTR(turbo tech racing) might sell some, tirerack.com, 1010tires.com. I'd just check out the supporting vendors page, try a google search. Some other members will probably sound off with the sites they use to.

MachiBLue 02-16-2009 11:36 PM

check wheelsnext.com also, besides tirerack.com

whiteout06 02-18-2009 03:03 PM

''you'd be better off looking at aftermarket rims. A new stocker costs $1100-$1500 new at the dealer, without any rubber, EACH. I think it would be damned near impossible to buy just one used, but anything can happen. So for the price of one new 17" stocker you can get yourself a whole set(including rubber) of aftermarkets. But reguardless, good luck either way, just some FYI for ya.''

BUMP!!!

WHERE ARE YOU SHOPPING??? A factory direct TC 18 inch rim from the dealer is a little over 500 each, this dude above has no idea what hes talking about.

listen, go to ebay and look them up, you can get one singular rim off ebay for 200, use your resourses like ebay and jump on the forum on here to find a seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...spagenameZWDVW

this is an 18" but you get the point.

samsumthing 02-18-2009 03:04 PM

yeah check around locally too, i picked one up for $185 when one got messed up. then a year later i picked up a set of 4 for $500 with tires off craigslist. you can find them, it's not easy though.

NS06G5 02-19-2009 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by whiteout06 (Post 3487607)
''you'd be better off looking at aftermarket rims. A new stocker costs $1100-$1500 new at the dealer, without any rubber, EACH. I think it would be damned near impossible to buy just one used, but anything can happen. So for the price of one new 17" stocker you can get yourself a whole set(including rubber) of aftermarkets. But reguardless, good luck either way, just some FYI for ya.''

BUMP!!!

WHERE ARE YOU SHOPPING??? A factory direct TC 18 inch rim from the dealer is a little over 500 each, this dude above has no idea what hes talking about.

listen, go to ebay and look them up, you can get one singular rim off ebay for 200, use your resourses like ebay and jump on the forum on here to find a seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...spagenameZWDVW

this is an 18" but you get the point.

This comming from someone with only 5 posts. Well I was going on information from my own dealings. I know a GT rim is over 1k a piece at the stealership, that's were he was talking about going. As for not knowing what I'm talking about, dude I've been in the automotive indurstry going on 12 years now, I don't know everything, but I know enough.

So before you start shooting your mouth off about something/someone you know nothing about, do some homework first. You're probably just some punk, that thinks they know it all. Guess what junior, you don't.

You know what, this site is supposed to be about helping each other, not being assholes and idiots, but I digress I'll let you get back to doing what your good at.

Not to many big works for ya is it? :lol:

Jellobriafra 02-19-2009 04:11 PM

You can find used 17" stockers for cheap. I bought a set of 4 from another member for $200. Watch your local Craigslist and especially watch the For Sale section on here. Hell call the local scrapyards. These wheels are hard to find because they don't fit much else however, once someone has em they're not going to fly off the shelves for the very same reason.

whiteout06 02-21-2009 03:53 PM

ok genius, one i work at roush, secondly both of my parents have worked at GM my entire life, thirdly i gave you information A DIRECT LINK to a rim, open up your fucking eyes and stop trying to be a badass cuz youre not. 5 posts, wow that almost hurt me. fuck off.

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Wheels-C52.aspx

this one goes out to senior, the dude that thinks he knows everything, i mean enough.

i dont know what rims youre buying for 1100-1500 a piece but they're not stockers, i dont know what kind of sales pitch your aiming for but insulting me doesnt really get you anywhere. you own a G-5, be quiet.

i work at roush performance parts, dont tempt me.

btw, learn how to spell.

pimpnwink 02-21-2009 03:58 PM

gmpartsdirect has a whole set with the spare for 500.

NS06G5 02-21-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by whiteout06 (Post 3502477)
ok genius, one i work at roush, secondly both of my parents have worked at GM my entire life, thirdly i gave you information A DIRECT LINK to a rim, open up your fucking eyes and stop trying to be a badass cuz youre not. 5 posts, wow that almost hurt me. fuck off.

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Wheels-C52.aspx

this one goes out to senior, the dude that thinks he knows everything, i mean enough.

i dont know what rims youre buying for 1100-1500 a piece but they're not stockers, i dont know what kind of sales pitch your aiming for but insulting me doesnt really get you anywhere. you own a G-5, be quiet.

i work at roush performance parts, dont tempt me.

btw, learn how to spell.

by the way, I'll say what I want, when I want, we both live in free countries. Second, I don't really give a rats ass if your work for roush or uncle buck's house of hardware, as I stated, I was going on what I was told, no fucking sales pitch. Third, so what I own a G5, its' just a damn car, I didn't want anything fancy, just a means to get me there.

Like I also said, all you are is a god damned punk, trying to be a big man on the internet. Really props Good job there buddy :lol::nono: :ca:

Jellobriafra 02-23-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by pimpnwink (Post 3502504)
gmpartsdirect has a whole set with the spare for 500.

Can you link that? I searched and the wheel I found was $530 something and it looked like it was for one wheel.

Oh and also...ibtl...:)

hailcesar75 02-24-2009 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by NS06G5 (Post 3479274)

WTF? That can't be right. You can get one ebaymotors. I've seen so many of them for $200 $250. But instead of spending that amount of money just go to a shop and have them hammer that shit out. I've had it done to my other cars and I think it's the cheapest way to go for a stock rim

wardzach2007 02-24-2009 04:39 PM

just buy the stockers her on the parts for sell on css.net

whiteout06 03-02-2009 08:22 AM

hahahaha keep talking crap buddy, you look really stupid and i think everyone realizes it.

and im in the marine corps, and i really dont like canadiens. eh? eh? eh?

Originally Posted by hailcesar75 (Post 3515972)
WTF? That can't be right. You can get one ebaymotors. I've seen so many of them for $200 $250. But instead of spending that amount of money just go to a shop and have them hammer that shit out. I've had it done to my other cars and I think it's the cheapest way to go for a stock rim

hey man, that dude doesnt know what hes talking about and hes not willing to admit it...stubborn canadian. :usa: