Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Appearance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/)
-   -   Has anyone fixed there misaligned front bumper? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/has-anyone-fixed-there-misaligned-front-bumper-28679/)

fishmeister 08-11-2006 05:14 PM

Has anyone fixed there misaligned front bumper?

Has anyone fixed there misaligned front bumper? The same problem everybody has with the passenger side gap in between the bumper and headlight. If so could you post a how to? thanx

X3r0 08-11-2006 05:17 PM

nope i was told by my dealer and 3 others that there is no fix its how the plastic fits i also have a gap on the drivers side headlight that i can stick my thumb in but not on the pass side i can only stick my pinkey in

ps no perveted jokes about me fingering my car..

fishmeister 08-11-2006 05:21 PM

so why doesn't GM give us a new bumper b/c i feel like im getting ripped off

X3r0 08-11-2006 05:23 PM

i was told it would fit the same way my responce to this is RKSPORT body kit and fill in all the lines

fishmeister 08-11-2006 05:26 PM

yeah i really don't feel like spending more money when the stock kit looks good if it fit right

JohnnySasakiMGS 08-11-2006 05:38 PM

I don't think the ricers will notice any mismatched body lines on our front bumpers. ;)

X3r0 08-11-2006 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnySasakiMGS
I don't think the ricers will notice any mismatched body lines on our front bumpers. ;)

hell half of them only see the back the other half only see the back quarter panel lol :guns: :twothumbs :lol:

RaineMan 08-11-2006 05:40 PM

I can't give ya' a "how to" but I pulled the whole bumper off, and when I sat it back on there, I tried to set it a little lower. It worked for me... no more gap. There is a TSB for it on here somewhere... but if you have a couple of hours and a garage... just pull it off yourself and see what you can do.

Bandit2941 08-11-2006 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by X3r0
nope i was told by my dealer and 3 others that there is no fix its how the plastic fits i also have a gap on the drivers side headlight that i can stick my thumb in but not on the pass side i can only stick my pinkey in

ps no perveted jokes about me fingering my car..

Either they're BSing you or they don't know what they're talking about. There's a TSB out for it.

fishmeister 08-12-2006 07:53 AM

cool thanks guys

sethallen 08-12-2006 09:10 AM

i also have a misaligned hood ...there is a wider gap b/w the hood and the DS front quarter than there is on the PS

sethallen 08-12-2006 01:43 PM

bump

beamSS 08-14-2006 02:52 AM

:cssNET: the only gaps im noticing are the ones that i put on the car behind me:cssNET:

twzted 08-14-2006 02:57 AM

today i talked to one of the guys that works in the plant( an executive) and he told me, they try their best to make it look nice, there is supposed to be an even gap all the way around the headlight, it was designed not to touch, but working in a assembly plant myself, it is hard to do it perfect when u have to do it 400+ times a day, it gets old and all that, i was told there is a little bit a play left with the headlight, how i dont know exactly, but it the headlight you have to play with, not the bumper

patathSS 08-14-2006 02:58 AM

I've got the same thing sethallen. I don't notice the bumper misalignment as much as the damn hood alignment.

4drssmikekc 08-14-2006 03:08 PM

I brought that post about how to fix the bumber to my dealer and he told me it wouldnt fix it. I am beginning to think that they dont want to fix it because then they would have to fix all of them.

sethallen 08-14-2006 09:19 PM

my brother's new civic has some misaligned fenders...so i don't feel too bad

4drssmikekc 08-16-2006 10:11 AM

I know some other guys said they were going to try to fix the bumper fit. lets hear from them.

SSpartan 08-19-2006 10:37 AM

i got the fix

well here it is.
through my own experimentation i found the solution.

what you have to do is remove the headlight.
there are two screws on top then remove the wiring harness

you will then see a black plastic platform that hold the headlight in place.
there are two screws in front very low then i think one or two at the top.
after removing the black plastic housing you will see the frame of the car.
remember those two screws that you removed from the front you will see a braket that is attached to the frame.
one screw holds that braket in and then the braket will slide back and forth.

move the braket forward a small amount and with a little trial and error you can remove the gap.

hope this helps everybody.