Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Laser (touchless) wash vs automated wash

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laser (touchless) wash vs automated wash

I'm worried about the "Delta Sonic" style car washes that run dirty brushes over your car, and move you on a metal track down the car wash. This can't be good for your paint, am I correct or just too cautious?

Curious what other people think, especially those who are **** about paint quality
Old 02-14-2011, 08:20 PM

not only the brushes, if your car is lowered your screwed going over that metal track, first and last time I went thru, I thought I left my exhuast back at the beginning, sounded horrible
Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if I have to go to a automated always a laser touch free. those brushes pick up dirt off a 4x4 and where do you think it goes? turns in to sandpaper.

handwash is the best.

good write up https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ng-how-116717/
Old 02-14-2011, 08:34 PM

Yeah but hand washing isn't really feasible for apartment dwellers in most cases
Old 02-14-2011, 08:38 PM

There's hand car washes....
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 PM

yea you can go to those booths with the hand held high pressure sprayer, bring some quarters and your cleaning stuff and have at it

Old 02-14-2011, 08:42 PM

Except they always say "no bucket washing". I have the same problem since I live in an apartment.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by 07BoostedG5
yea you can go to those booths with the hand held high pressure sprayer, bring some quarters and your cleaning stuff and have at it

Its hard to handwash at one of those when you've got people behind you waiting, thats why I do it at night or early in the morning, and you have to handwash, those sprayer's are'nt going to get oxidation from the rain and snow off
Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 PM

you dont need a bucket, use there sprayer and your sponge, detailer spray etc etc.

+ go to one thats not busy...its doable or just go to a friends house and have a car wash day idk, why is this sounding like a difficult task lol
Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM

yep not hard, just don't go thru an automated one and a carwash party sounds like a plan, get drunk and detail, does it get any better than that?
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 PM

yea add some bewbs and your set
Old 02-15-2011, 07:02 AM

I always hand wash my cars but every now and then I'll use those self-serve docks. I only bring a California Water Blade, best $10 I spent. Drys your car in about 2 minutes with no streaks.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by shawn672
Yeah but hand washing isn't really feasible for apartment dwellers in most cases
Or when it's 12 degrees outside
Old 02-15-2011, 09:41 AM
RHZ

Just spray off the dirt with the quarter wash. Quick detail spray and cleaner wax at home.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:42 AM

the washes that have cloths and **** hitting your car will eventually lead to swirl marks, go to a touchless one or do it yourself
Old 02-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
*sigh* damn you winter... all those effing coin wash booths around here jack up the price in the winter... its bullshit
Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StevoElSupremo
*sigh* damn you winter... all those effing coin wash booths around here jack up the price in the winter... its bullshit
that's not cool.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shawn672
I'm worried about the "Delta Sonic" style car washes that run dirty brushes over your car, and move you on a metal track down the car wash. This can't be good for your paint, am I correct or just too cautious?

Curious what other people think, especially those who are **** about paint quality
Originally Posted by jmesl8er
not only the brushes, if your car is lowered your screwed going over that metal track, first and last time I went thru, I thought I left my exhuast back at the beginning, sounded horrible
Okay, seeing as how I work there, I am going to put this **** to rest..

They are NOT, I repeat NOT dirty brushes. They are replaced every single month, and cleaned at the start of every week. They are EXTREMELY soft. I have inspected them up close before on multiple occasions and they positively do not keep crap attached to them like rocks or anything even visible to the eye, or feel to your hand.

"If your car is lowered?" WTF. I also will put this to rest.. PLENTY upon PLENTY upon PLENTY of very low cars come through on a daily basis. Stanced VW's, Cadillac CTS-V's, Evo's, STI's, lowered 350z's, lowered G35's, etc. Trust me, your god damn Cobalt on springs is fine.

Let's hear some more.. Please. I am actually going to work now, and I will be happy to answer more questions when I return.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx
Okay, seeing as how I work there, I am going to put this **** to rest..

They are NOT, I repeat NOT dirty brushes. They are replaced every single month, and cleaned at the start of every week. They are EXTREMELY soft. I have inspected them up close before on multiple occasions and they positively do not keep crap attached to them like rocks or anything even visible to the eye, or feel to your hand.

"If your car is lowered?" WTF. I also will put this to rest.. PLENTY upon PLENTY upon PLENTY of very low cars come through on a daily basis. Stanced VW's, Cadillac CTS-V's, Evo's, STI's, lowered 350z's, lowered G35's, etc. Trust me, your god damn Cobalt on springs is fine.

Let's hear some more.. Please. I am actually going to work now, and I will be happy to answer more questions when I return.
wow, don't remember you being in my car with me when i went thru the wash, i did scrape, bad, maybe your place is the only place in the country that cleans there ****, our dont. you shouldnt be posting on here, u should be out fixing the worlds problems, u know, because you know it all
Old 02-16-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by jmesl8er
wow, don't remember you being in my car with me when i went thru the wash, i did scrape, bad, maybe your place is the only place in the country that cleans there ****, our dont. you shouldnt be posting on here, u should be out fixing the worlds problems, u know, because you know it all
rolf i love when someone from a different part of the country thinks every place is the same and ran by the same management. Back in michigan there was a company that had car washes in 3 counties, one of them was awesome and the others sucked ***** because the managers there didnt give 2 *****. and lowered cars do have problems end of story not all the places are designed for people with a few inches of clearance created by lowering springs and exhaust set up.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:54 PM

I agree with half of these guys.. locally we have the hand sprayers... $5 for 20 minutes. Pay for a little time and if someone gives you **** about it, you just tell them i put $5 in... back off.

As far as people getting stuck in car washes..... add me to the list

Lowered on SSC springs and had to be pushed out, somehow got high centered on the subframe support up front.

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx, I wouldn't take offense to the comments made man. Nobody is picking on your car wash for being a bad car wash.. it's just a fact that it's not the best idea to take a lowered car through an automated wash that "drags" the car through. I know around omaha we have a couple that trolley the car through and it's like $30 a car wash, but damn do the cars come out clean. I just can't pull my car in far enough to even get to the water
Old 02-16-2011, 02:58 PM

Wash your damn car by hand, otherwise don't bitch about some random car wash ******* up your car. It's your own fault.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:46 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Switt23
I agree with half of these guys.. locally we have the hand sprayers... $5 for 20 minutes. Pay for a little time and if someone gives you **** about it, you just tell them i put $5 in... back off.

As far as people getting stuck in car washes..... add me to the list

Lowered on SSC springs and had to be pushed out, somehow got high centered on the subframe support up front.

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx, I wouldn't take offense to the comments made man. Nobody is picking on your car wash for being a bad car wash.. it's just a fact that it's not the best idea to take a lowered car through an automated wash that "drags" the car through. I know around omaha we have a couple that trolley the car through and it's like $30 a car wash, but damn do the cars come out clean. I just can't pull my car in far enough to even get to the water

holy ****! 5bucks for 20 mins?!?!?! where the hell are you?! its like 5bucks for 4mins around here!

and to xxxxsh4d0wxxxx thats actually quite interesting I didn't know that some places replace them that often.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Acey
Wash your damn car by hand, otherwise don't bitch about some random car wash ******* up your car. It's your own fault.
Washing by hand isnt always an option. I live in an apartment so no options in the apartment. Sometimes I will go over to the rents house to wash and buff the car. But when its too cold the hoses are frozen and if they do thaw they turn the car into an ice cube.

As far as the do it yourself car wash places sometimes I will go there though I will either spray out there brush or use my own bucket of soap water and sponge. But when its 20 degrees out this is not the best option.

So sometimes during the winter i just let the dirt sit on the car... which pains me.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Banned

I go to a touchless car wash and so far have no problems about dirt or scratching. I should do it myself though.

Quick Reply: Laser (touchless) wash vs automated wash