Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Appearance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/)
-   -   worth it? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/worth-96042/)

supercharged07 02-11-2008 11:12 PM

worth it?

are HIDS really worth all the work of modifying your headlights? and what does it stand for anyway?

camarokiller 02-11-2008 11:13 PM

High intensity discharge

scribbles 02-11-2008 11:15 PM

High Intensity Discharge lights. The provide way better visability IMO. Is it worth the money? Thats more of a personal question on how much you like to see at night and how much of a balla you are.

Can you afford to spend about $400 on true HID ballasts, HID lights and projectors?

tlax23 02-11-2008 11:17 PM

Its all what you want from the car.

Talk to anomalous about it, he is really knowledgable about HID's... If you end up getting them make sure you do it properly though.

HID's+stock housings=blinding death

scribbles 02-11-2008 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by tlax23 (Post 1943740)
Its all what you want from the car.

Talk to anomalous about it, he is really knowledgable about HID's... If you end up getting them make sure you do it properly though.

HID's+stock housings=blinding death

Word. There is nothing worse then driving around blinding everyone thinking you're cool.

killah_thug08 02-11-2008 11:21 PM

there better than stock thats for sure, but depending on what temp you get you can get a ticket, have less light output, and blind oncoming traffic, if you want to have all of the above you better off doing a true hid retro fit, which of course will run you more money but is worth it.

X GEOFF X 02-12-2008 03:41 PM

cheapest way to do it would to buy a set of the halo projectors either on here or on ebay, and buy an HID kit to fit them. if you get an hid kit for your stock headlights you run a HUGE risk of blinding oncoming drivers and causing accidents. HID + halo projectors is the way i plan to go when i do my next mod.

supercharged07 02-12-2008 04:11 PM

ok thanx for the input cuz really the only time i get to drive my car is at nite and well i like to really be able to see so i should look at getting sum projectors with halos and get a hid kit

an0malous 02-12-2008 04:19 PM

have you tried aftermarket halogens?
some people have good results with those.
and it might just save you alot of work and money.

diving into HIDs is a complex undertaking when your new to it.
if you really want to do it, get on google, and go nuts. read as much as you can.
theres lots of good information on this site too.

as long as you are educated, and do things properly from the beginning, HIDs can be a very worthwhile investment.

joeworkstoohard 02-12-2008 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous (Post 1947128)
have you tried aftermarket halogens?
some people have good results with those.
and it might just save you alot of work and money.

diving into HIDs is a complex undertaking when your new to it.
if you really want to do it, get on google, and go nuts. read as much as you can.
theres lots of good information on this site too.

as long as you are educated, and do things properly from the beginning, HIDs can be a very worthwhile investment.

very true.

if you just want them because they look cool, it's better to just buy better halogen bulbs.