Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Autocross and Road Racing (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/autocross-road-racing-53/)
-   -   Auto- X Help (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/autocross-road-racing-53/auto-x-help-12043/)

YellowLT 01-30-2006 11:10 AM

Auto- X Help

Ok i wann get in to Auto-X but i need some info on where and when in the MD PA area, cause i was looking into the SM class on Scca but that didnt give me times or places. and i would also like to know if these are events that you can just show up to and race?

alleycat58 01-30-2006 01:14 PM

Yes, you just show up and race. And where in MD/PA? You'd be in the Northeast Division but I don't know which of the regions would be closest to you.

What do you have done to your car that would put you in street mod class???

YellowLT 01-30-2006 01:21 PM

The parts are ordered but Springs, Intake, Sway Bars, Rubber and Rims, Corsa when i get enough

YellowLT 01-30-2006 01:26 PM

Oh and Also is there a cost to this?????

alleycat58 01-30-2006 02:43 PM

OK, your mods won't put you in street mod. MAYBE STS but not street mod.

Yes, it costs money. Where I run each event is $35 for non-members, some regions cost more, some cost less. Look on that website I posted before and find which region would be closest to you and go to their website, they should have all the info posted.

YellowLT 01-30-2006 02:47 PM

I looked at that it looks like Summit in WVA is my closet option, but those parts are goin on till the weather is nice, so i think till then im in H-stock thanks for the help

alleycat58 01-30-2006 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by YellowLT
I looked at that it looks like Summit in WVA is my closet option, but those parts are goin on till the weather is nice, so i think till then im in H-stock thanks for the help

The best thing to do would be to tell them your mods and ask what class you should be in. There's also a novice class for people who are in their first year of competition.

conemark 01-31-2006 11:35 AM

I looked at that it looks like Summit in WVA is my closet option.....till then im in H-stock..

If you can get yourself to Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen on Saturday, February 18, 2006, you can run with the Philadelphia Region of the SCCA, as they are holding their second event of their winter series. Take a look at http://www.autox4u.com for a listing of events.

Don't underestimate what you can learn about YOUR driving by staying in H-Stock. Even though the perception is that it is "slow", autocrossing ultimately boils down to your DRIVING abilities. Resist the temptation to put money in to modifications for your car in the hope that it will result in faster times. Take that cash and put it into event fees that will get you seat time, seat time and more seat time. In particular, I know that the Feb. 18 event will give you a chance to run against a formidable competitor in H-stock.

YellowLT 01-31-2006 11:58 AM

the mods are to reduce the body roll at speed and through the backroads i travel everyday, when it rains it sucks on those roads

YellowLT 01-31-2006 12:03 PM

BUt yeah that sounds very doable, thats only about 45 min drive if i do the speed limit, Any one else Going to be at IronBird Stadium for that

conemark 01-31-2006 04:20 PM

the mods are to reduce the body roll at speed and through the backroads i travel everyday, when it rains it sucks on those roads

In the stock classes, you are allowed to change your front sway bar, shocks at all four corners as well as running similar sized wheels and tires. I bet the change of shocks alone will do wonders for body-roll. If you have questions about what constitutes "stock" for SCCA autocrossing, feel free to ask here or IM me.

I'll be there for the February and March events as part of the winter series, unless a co-drive for the Fort Myers National Tour materializes.

YellowLT 01-31-2006 07:03 PM

I up to be a co-driver

conemark 02-01-2006 05:16 PM

I up to be a co-driver

Ya lost me there. I thought you never autocrossed before?

YellowLT 02-04-2006 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by conemark
Ya lost me there. I thought you never autocrossed before?

Yeah but i've watched enough WRC Rallies to kinda know what to do. LOL
:cssNET:

conemark 02-04-2006 10:23 AM

Yeah but i've watched enough WRC Rallies to kinda know what to do...

Two different things entirely. You may want to look into autocross a little bit more, since there are no co-drivers in autocross.

YellowLT 02-04-2006 10:42 AM

So then what did you need a co-driver for

conemark 02-04-2006 10:54 AM

If you have a chance, IM me; I'll fill you in on it...

Axeman777 02-13-2006 10:19 PM

Ok i wann get in to Auto-X but i need some info on where and when in the MD PA area, cause i was looking into the SM class on Scca but that didnt give me times or places. and i would also like to know if these are events that you can just show up to and race?

Check out Philadelphia Region SCCA. I'm a member there, and we regularly hold events at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD. It's my favorite venue, as a matter of fact.

YellowLT 02-16-2006 03:05 PM

You gonna be there this weekend??

conemark 02-17-2006 11:37 PM

Crap...snow up here...forcast for snow down there....it looks like we're waitin' until March 18th. :bye: