Autocross and Road Racing Road racing is not “street racing”

Autocross Class for SS/TC with the GM Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not not try and beat this into the ground, but is there an official place where it says this can or can not be used in STX? As it seems, there is not. Does anyone know where to get an official answer of yes or no on GSM1 in STX?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Force
Is Stage 1 really changing stock boost levels, though? The car can achieve 22psi of boost stock, it's just rare that the PCM ever calls for it. So by simply fixing the boost at the stock maximum (which as far as I know, Stage 1 does), can you really consider it increased?

I guess this falls under modifying the boost controls, though.

my gms1 has hit up to 25 psi, ussually its around 20-22 it does what it has to , to hit 280 /320 just like the stock tune does what it has to , to hit 260/260
Old 08-21-2011, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by tommyk
Not not try and beat this into the ground, but is there an official place where it says this can or can not be used in STX? As it seems, there is not. Does anyone know where to get an official answer of yes or no on GSM1 in STX?
Yes. You can't raise boost in STX, period. Can't do it. Therefore, GMS1 is illegal in STX. Run in DSP.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boost

Originally Posted by Mark Aubele
Yes. You can't raise boost in STX, period. Can't do it. Therefore, GMS1 is illegal in STX. Run in DSP.
Guys, I have been following this since it started. The only way to know is to call Doug Gill at SCCA and ask. Additionally you can have someone protest you at an event. However instead of filing the protest, talk to the head person, hopefully Doug Gill will be there if it is a national event. Tell him the issue and ask if it is allowed.

I was going to protest a fellow competitor years ago. I talked to the competitor before hand. I believed what they were doing was allowed but nobody had really said anything. So at the event I made it clear that I wanted to protest. Then the head person came up to me and said they checked and explained that within the rules my issue was allowed. So if I was to protest, it would not be upheld. Did I still want to protest?

I had my answer and did not have to actuall protest anybody. The issue then was similar to ours now.

Traction control is what was then SM2. It is done by altering fuel and ignition and both are free in our class. My thinking if this issue was pushed if the Stage one kit is allowed or not, I think it would be as long as it can be shown that only fuel, and ignition are the only things altered and both are free in SP class. I have found no writting that states the kit manually or by computer changes the boost level. It only changes the fuel, ignition.

Just my 02. I also know that if your race quite abit, most of the top guys in each class know who each other is. If you are doing something and is clearly wrong, it should not be done. However if it is a grey area, none of the top guys will protest because they know you won because of your ability not because of fuel and ignition.

Just putting in my take.

Slowbalt
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If you want more power just run E85 with the stock boost. I allready checked with SCCA and its legal for all classes.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by mongorat427
If you want more power just run E85 with the stock boost. I allready checked with SCCA and its legal for all classes.
Been planning that myself. Hoping my tuning skills are up to this next year My STX tune is so much more responsive than my high boost tune anyway.