Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

cobalt ss/sc in windsor

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wleee
wow.. if I knew that, I would still be in a Cobalt right now.. probably a brand-new one.. Revenburg SERVICE fucked my car so hard its engine knocked like a diesel.. thats how hard they fucked it..

but its okay.. I fucked them good in return.. every survey i returned noted negative.. and for some weird reason, a specific person in that service dept. no longer works there..

I also had leased my Cobalt through Gus.. I'll never return to buy a car there though.. let alone anywhere in Windsor.. too expensive..

and good buy on the exhaust.. you'll enjoy it..
That sucks to hear about the shitty experience you had, it's no fun for sure. I was having a lot of problems with some of the service people taking me seriously too. My Sunfire GT would intermittently not start for varying amounts of time. It was ridiculous as I never knew when I would be stranded and for how long. After the service department replaced about a half dozen parts AND were able to witness the problem first hand, they gave me my car back and said there was nothing more they could do. Talking to Gus was a last resort (out of desperation) for me, but when I told him the story he knew nothing about it, and like I said, he immediately bought it back.

All the dealers around here like to start out high so it just takes a little more effort. I do my initial bargaining over the phone. They are reluctant to give numbers over the phone, but they will. Then I walk in and out of dealers with lower and lower numbers until they all start letting me walk out, at that point I know I'm in the ballpark. Then I go to Gus Revenburg and they beat the price every time. They actually found me the last no options 07 SS/SC left in Ontario and told me they had it held for me at the price we agreed on. The next day I went in to find out the salesman did not hold the car properly and it was sold. The only other models had more options and he said he would not keep the same price on them. A quick call to the sales manager got me a fully loaded model for the same price and an apology.

Originally Posted by OntarioBalt
jrtz80....great buy on the exhaust including tip! You will love the sound. I put my 2.9 on after the exhaust install. For me the stage 2 tune is fine....no difference running stage 2 tune with these bolt on's. You will see quicker boost with the 2.9 through all gears. I did a lot of research and everyone says that 2.9 is ok with stage 2 tune.

Are you going to install the 2.9 and exhaust yourself? Let me know if you need any help!
Yeah, I was thinking of renting one of the lifts at Mr. Bay by Tecumseh and Jefferson, just so I didn't have to screw around with my car 6" off the ground. I don't think I can wait so I am doing the install today, so if you’re free this afternoon you can come along for sure. Otherwise, I just need a hack saw and regular tools to get the old exhaust off, right? And I don't think the 2.9 is here yet, but how did you get the stage two bolts loose? I have not tried yet.

Last edited by jrtz80; 03-05-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-05-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by jrtz80
That sucks to hear about the shitty experience you had, it's no fun for sure. I was having a lot of problems with some of the service people taking me seriously too. My Sunfire GT would intermittently not start for varying amounts of time. It was ridiculous as I never knew when I would be stranded and for how long. After the service department replaced about a half dozen parts AND were able to witness the problem first hand, they gave me my car back and said there was nothing more they could do. Talking to Gus was a last resort (out of desperation) for me, but when I told him the story he knew nothing about it, and like I said, he immediately bought it back.

All the dealers around here like to start out high so it just takes a little more effort. I do my initial bargaining over the phone. They are reluctant to give numbers over the phone, but they will. Then I walk in and out of dealers with lower and lower numbers until they all start letting me walk out, at that point I know I'm in the ballpark. Then I go to Gus Revenburg and they beat the price every time. They actually found me the last no options 07 SS/SC left in Ontario and told me they had it held for me at the price we agreed on. The next day I went in to find out the salesman did not hold the car properly and it was sold. The only other models had more options and he said he would not keep the same price on them. A quick call to the sales manager got me a fully loaded model for the same price and an apology.

Yeah, I was thinking of renting one of the lifts at Mr. Bay by Tecumseh and Jefferson, just so I didn't have to screw around with my car 6" off the ground. I don't think I can wait so I am doing the install today, so if you’re free this afternoon you can come along for sure. Otherwise, I just need a hack saw and regular tools to get the old exhaust off, right? And I don't think the 2.9 is here yet, but how did you get the stage two bolts loose? I have not tried yet.
I did mine at Mr. Bay..too bad I work afternoons this week or I would gladly help you. When you get the 2.9 let me know....just hold a pry bar down on the pulley to stop it from turning and remove the bolts..it's easy. Then use the pry bar to hold the tensionner down and slide the belt off over the pulley and onto the supercharger to hold it while swapping the pulley. Took me like 10 minutes. I can help you with the pulley when you get it.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM

I was wondering why couldn't you just use the tip that comes stock with the SS/SC for the next exhaust?Or is it bigger and won't fit?
the exhaust in the SS/SC compared to my z24 cavalier sounds badass to me so I'm staying with it for awhile
Old 03-05-2008, 06:37 PM

I did mine at Mr. Bay..too bad I work afternoons this week or I would gladly help you. When you get the 2.9 let me know....just hold a pry bar down on the pulley to stop it from turning and remove the bolts..it's easy. Then use the pry bar to hold the tensionner down and slide the belt off over the pulley and onto the supercharger to hold it while swapping the pulley. Took me like 10 minutes. I can help you with the pulley when you get it.
Thanks for the offer and the info. After taking a closer look, I decided to just jack one side of the car up and it was quick and easy. The exhaust sounds NICE. I'm not into extremely loud exhausts on my cars, so this is perfect. I can definitely feel the difference too. Not like the stage two, but it feels smooth and open with more of a willingness to rev. Next is the 2.9, just in time for spring.

Originally Posted by NoVaCaiNe
I was wondering why couldn't you just use the tip that comes stock with the SS/SC for the next exhaust?Or is it bigger and won't fit?
the exhaust in the SS/SC compared to my z24 cavalier sounds badass to me so I'm staying with it for awhile
The tip is welded onto the stock exhaust.

Last edited by jrtz80; 03-05-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-07-2008, 04:39 PM

I think I've decided that I'm getting the stage 2 from CED
All this offical stuff about the new SS/TC makes my SS/SC feel inferior to the TCs
The stage 2 comes with a 3" pulley right,what does the 2.9 nate's pulley do?
Also where did everyone go to get their S2's installed?I'd rather go to somewhere thats done it a few times before.
Also what was the rough price for the install?
Old 03-07-2008, 10:09 PM

I got my stage 2 installed at Dane Kane....just tell them they did the last 2 yellow Cobalts (Darren and Frankie) for 324.00 tax included. If you have any problems send me a PM and I will have my salesman set it up, I had to call him last time to help Frankie get this rate. I would recommend getting the 2.9 pulley from Nate at smoothflowpulleys.com This smaller pulley is safe with the stage 2 tune and you will notice quicker boost in all gears. Just make sure you do the install yourself for the pulley and not at the dealer. I can help you install the pulley. PM for any more questions.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:37 PM

ya'll wait until next week.. I got somethin' in store for ya..
Old 03-07-2008, 11:10 PM

ohhh...I like surprises!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:14 PM

my stage 2 was 350tax in dan kane

moe must be ms3?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:31 PM

$324 including tax, Dan Kane.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:42 PM

324.00 tax included seems to be new going rate at Dane Kane and I had to bug my salesman to help with this deal...my first quote was by the service dept. was much higher.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:51 PM

Thanks for all the help
I'm most likely going to wait till the snow is done for good before getting the stage 2 and the pulley.But yeah when I get that I'll most likely have to PM you(OntarioBalt) about putting the new Pulley on.I'll have no idea where it goes.Like I have stated before I know nothing of cars
Old 03-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by stage2
my stage 2 was 350tax in dan kane

moe must be ms3?
Old 03-09-2008, 01:57 PM

moe - did u get rid of ur cobalt because it was ruining ur credit? or ?
Old 03-09-2008, 02:25 PM

no...it was too fast for him!
Old 03-09-2008, 02:36 PM

hahah now he is getting mazdaspeed3 which is high 13 sec stcok
Old 03-09-2008, 02:39 PM

lol no.. I couldn't afford to keep the Cobalt cause I had an assload of mileage on it.. I nailed 50k in one year.. i had a 4year/80k lease.. and had 3 years left.. thats why i couldn't keep it..

as for the Speed.. i'm not getting it cause its fast.. its exclusivity and practical.. its also really comfy.. but the power is there if needed..

we will see once all is said and done tomorrow..
Old 03-09-2008, 02:52 PM

ms3 is a nice car over all......i'm not sure why they didnt put that engine in mazda 3 4dr sedan
Old 03-09-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by stage2
ms3 is a nice car over all......i'm not sure why they didnt put that engine in mazda 3 4dr sedan
A LOT of people asked that same question.. even myself.. but I guess they were selling more hatchbacks apparently than the sedan.. and cause the Speed Protege was a sedan, maybe they wanted to switch it around? If my old P5 was turbo, i'd still own the damn thing.. i loved that car..
Old 03-09-2008, 05:01 PM

i agree my good friend used to have P5 yellow slammed and intake....and i had 2L protege silver 5 spd bolth....good cars over all ... amazing options just slow as F??? ....

look at this vid with 205's lol crazy burnout P5

2002 Mazda Protege 5, 5 spd, w/intake, tires 205-50-16, BURNOUT
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...05-5_40143.htm
Old 03-12-2008, 11:49 PM

Thumbs up

you'll have to join us this spring for a small gathering.....
Sure, just let me know when it goes down. I'm there.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:43 PM

Moe I think I ran into the guy who got your cobalt
Yellow Tinted windows,with Winter rims/wheels and has a Performance ford licence
He was filling up at the Shell on Banwell near Shoppers,and I filled up right behind him
Thought it was OntarioBalt because he had steelies
Old 03-13-2008, 06:46 PM

yah...I think I seen Moe's old car today on Tecumseh at Lauzon Pkwy. around 2:15pm. Some young punk...lol
Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 PM

He looked to be around 20ish? maybe alittle younger
Did moe take off his exhaust or did he leave the new exhaust he put on it?It looked different then my stock one,but it didn't sound any better.
I must say I've never seen one that up close before other then mine.Yellow looks nice up close,And it being clean helps too,since my looks like a grey with all the salt and such on it
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 PM

Moe left the exhaust on...I should know cause I wanted it...lol Had to go buy my own...and yellow rocks on these car! Just waiting for a nice day to break out the clay bar and Zaino.

Quick Reply: cobalt ss/sc in windsor