Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Copied over from "Manitoba SS meeting" thread
Originally Posted by EuteR
Personally the CEL doesnt bother me anymore.. Its been on for 30,000K, Im used to it.

I wouldnt put the K & N in if it did nothing for the whine. For me, the whine is what makes the car so much fun to drive!!

I have also never experienced limp mode??? What does it do, just cut u off for a bit?
I have whine. may not be as much as your mode but it might be. I will let you here it sometime. maybe July 9 at the pancake house or cruizing one night. I didnt just put in a filter. the box is modified. if I get another box I will do more.

Limp mode - I was drivng with low fuel and engine was about 5,000rpm then the Dash guages went dead and the power was way down. it felt and sounded like it was running on two cylinders. I pulled over and turned it off. waited about a minute and turned it back on. sounded the same but now I have a cel and the guages were back. so I turned it off to think of what I should do. I decided to drive it off St. Mary's road and get a tow. then it worked perfectly from there with no CEL. wierd. I think bill gates has his hands in the programming of the PCM.

What CEL do you get? if you dont know I have a code reader.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know if you saw this yet... But here is a little vid of the whine the ghetto mod gives you!

http://euter.ftux.com/Picture%20899.avi

The car is going to be at Murrays for so long.. Here is a list of the current problems it is going in for

1. Exhaust leak
2. Bother driver/passenger window squeak bad
3. Clunks sometimes when putting it into first gear and reverse
4. When reversing and using the brakes, it sounds like a bus coming to a stop
5. Front bumper lose (I guess they didnt tighten it after the repaint?!?!)
6. Coolant fill resevoir bracket broken
7. Sunroon rattle
8. Front end noise (took tech for a drive, he even said it sounded like a bowling ball was rolling around up there)
9. Front tires bald. LOL, i kid i kid, that ones my bad. lol
10. Hiccup when accelerating sometimes.. Happens around 5200-5500 RPM

Thats all I can think of for now. ****** car..

On a side note, got a 4 door base model for a rental, and im happy to say that the SS/SC has a better L/KM rating then this base model.(according to the display). Keep in mind my foot made of lead. lol

Dropped the car off, it was at 10.2L/100K, and the base model was at 10.4 when it was picked up!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Banned

I dont know if you saw this yet... But here is a little vid of the whine the ghetto mod gives you!

http://euter.ftux.com/Picture%20899.avi

The car is going to be at Murrays for so long.. Here is a list of the current problems it is going in for

1. Exhaust leak
2. Bother driver/passenger window squeak bad
3. Clunks sometimes when putting it into first gear and reverse
4. When reversing and using the brakes, it sounds like a bus coming to a stop
5. Front bumper lose (I guess they didnt tighten it after the repaint?!?!)
6. Coolant fill resevoir bracket broken
7. Sunroon rattle
8. Front end noise (took tech for a drive, he even said it sounded like a bowling ball was rolling around up there)
9. Front tires bald. LOL, i kid i kid, that ones my bad. lol
10. Hiccup when accelerating sometimes.. Happens around 5200-5500 RPM

Thats all I can think of for now. ****** car..

On a side note, got a 4 door base model for a rental, and im happy to say that the SS/SC has a better L/KM rating then this base model.(according to the display). Keep in mind my foot made of lead. lol

Dropped the car off, it was at 10.2L/100K, and the base model was at 10.4 when it was picked up!
Well I heard your injen. mine is louder than stock. how loud in comparison is hard to say. that is why we need to compare.
My coolant reservoir broke too, no biggie. it is a metal replacement. wont happen again. my door handle rattle with the stereo going which sucks. Front tires are bald too, I dont understand that.
other than that I am good. The clutch seems to be doing better this year. I have been to gimili and I expected it to slip there. no problems though. amazing compared to last summer. I thought it would have failed by now, not fix itself. I am guessing that since it was intermittant sliping it was due to hydraulics. nothing to confirm that though.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:27 AM

ya i havnt had any probs with my clutch which so ever.. It suprises me because so many people have so many problems so early on. I have not experienced any slip! Lets hope it stays that way!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Banned

ya i havnt had any probs with my clutch which so ever.. It suprises me because so many people have so many problems so early on. I have not experienced any slip! Lets hope it stays that way!
your 30,000? probably wont have a problem then. I did at 3,000 to 7,000 then came winter.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:32 AM

more like 35,000.. why does it have to be such a blast to drive
Old 06-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

Sold my headlights! now I cant see in the dark.

Halo projections coming. Sweet. Coming in black. If that does not look right with windows tinted then I am considering painting them red to match the car. but I think black will look right. On a poll in at my CARDOMAIN that was everone elses choice. only one person chose chrome.

Check out my cardomain on the first page to see how they look.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:22 AM

Murray is useless. Now they are tryin to tell me that the exhaust is not leaking. HAHAHAHA!! What a bunch of retards!

They probably stood underneath, shook some stuff and called it a day! All while putting on 12 kilometers.

Time to take it somewhere else I guess, because this leak is making me very angry, and its more then just a leak.. At around 3K RPM, it makes whatever is loose make a vibrating sound!

On a side note, picked up a new cone filter, blue this time around.. lol.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Banned

Murray is useless. Now they are tryin to tell me that the exhaust is not leaking. HAHAHAHA!! What a bunch of retards!

They probably stood underneath, shook some stuff and called it a day! All while putting on 12 kilometers.

Time to take it somewhere else I guess, because this leak is making me very angry, and its more then just a leak.. At around 3K RPM, it makes whatever is loose make a vibrating sound!

On a side note, picked up a new cone filter, blue this time around.. lol.
for what you are saying and what murray's is saying perhaps it is the baffles in your muffler that are starting to go causing a different sound and vibration. Just a thought dont cut me up. I have not been in your car to hear it.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:00 PM

Hold on.. Let me find my big knife. lol

Definitally not a baffle.. A buddy and I had the car jacked up and our heads under there.. It is coming from the manifold area.. And that vibration sounds like its comin from under the hood! But the car has to be under "load" to hear the vibration!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:18 PM
MaJ

What a day.. I think it took me close to an hour to edit out our plates in these pictures....

Anyway, check em out!
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/featured-car-showcase-74/manitoba-3-car-photoshoot-maj-dayn-ssnipes-%5B56k-death-%5D-24654/

P.S. Dayn can't drive! Way to start in 3rd gear there buddy... Stick Noob.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Banned

Hold on.. Let me find my big knife. lol

Definitally not a baffle.. A buddy and I had the car jacked up and our heads under there.. It is coming from the manifold area.. And that vibration sounds like its comin from under the hood! But the car has to be under "load" to hear the vibration!
Did the voices in your head confirm your findings? Just bugging you lol
Old 07-02-2006, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by MaJ
What a day.. I think it took me close to an hour to edit out our plates in these pictures....

Anyway, check em out!
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24654

P.S. Dayn can't drive! Way to start in 3rd gear there buddy... Stick Noob.

yeah well im still suprised that i could start in third.... god i can hardly start in first haha
Old 07-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Banned

Eh Maj and Dayn,

Could you believe those guys with that mustang 5.0L LOL. you know I would love to take them out to Gimli to shut them up. I am not sure that I believe that car can do anything. They were talking sideways. Would have been great to them out to ther perimeter but I have vowed not to get involved in street racing. They just seemed to full of smoke. probably will never know as they wouldnt pay $40 and gas money to go to Gimili. Next time I go (with some changes to the car) you two should come along. it would be a blast.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:24 AM

yup, i have smoked a few 5.0's

At the track of course
Old 07-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Banned

yup, i have smoked a few 5.0's

At the track of course
these guys were in the park while we were shooting pictures. they were talking they were all modded, but didnt elaborate to much. they were funny actually. their talking (while holding thier beers) that they beat a car that did 13's in one race. I was like that doesnt mean anything! it was one race. I told them in the same day I had runs that were a second apart. you cant tell me it was his best race. they were like deer caught in headlights. in was kinda funny.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:22 PM
MaJ

Originally Posted by ssnipes
these guys were in the park while we were shooting pictures. they were talking they were all modded, but didnt elaborate to much. they were funny actually. their talking (while holding thier beers) that they beat a car that did 13's in one race. I was like that doesnt mean anything! it was one race. I told them in the same day I had runs that were a second apart. you cant tell me it was his best race. they were like deer caught in headlights. in was kinda funny.
Yeah, those two guys were pretty rediculous. They for sure ruined the moment for me. I was having a blast talking about the cars and taking pictures, and then those two idiots rolled up and the fun just seemed to go away. I kinda figured that's why you said you had to leave out of no where. It worked out nicely though, as it got us away from them.

Btw, sorry we missed you on Sunday (if you were out) it was one of my friends birthdays so I spent the evening at the Kings Head.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:05 PM

Well the car is pretty much not driveable. It sounds like the exhaust isnt even connected anymore. lol

Once again, I hate Murray!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:23 PM

Eh Maj and Dayn,

Could you believe those guys with that mustang 5.0L LOL. you know I would love to take them out to Gimli to shut them up. I am not sure that I believe that car can do anything. They were talking sideways. Would have been great to them out to ther perimeter but I have vowed not to get involved in street racing. They just seemed to full of smoke. probably will never know as they wouldnt pay $40 and gas money to go to Gimili. Next time I go (with some changes to the car) you two should come along. it would be a blast.

Well I would love to go but would you be willing to give me a lift? this car and Maj's expensive lunches have set me back a bit

just PM me if it is ok and then we can get in touch. I also work mon-fri so it needs to be weekendish.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:44 AM

saw ssnipes sittin on the side of the road by burger factory with a blue SS..

I drove past in the black primer s-10 on air, was around midnight

Car isnt even cruising worthy.. Tint isnt dark enough, too embarassing. lol
Old 07-04-2006, 05:07 AM

http://euter.ftux.com/exhaustleak2.wmv

New vid of what it sounds like now
Old 07-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Banned

saw ssnipes sittin on the side of the road by burger factory with a blue SS..

I drove past in the black primer s-10 on air, was around midnight

Car isnt even cruising worthy.. Tint isnt dark enough, too embarassing. lol
My car or your truck tint isnt dark enough? I have no tint LOL. I was closer to McD's at Erin... not really close to the burger factory. Met up with Haspano1.

I think you SUCK cause you were out in something that you were embarrassed to been seen in. Snob. just drives by!

Yeah Tint is on the list. Halos come friday as engine mods are coming. wont be stock anymore. Impressed a few guys last night in a jimmy. they thought the car was crazy, could not believe it was stock. Were definitely starting to earn some respect out there.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:13 AM

My car or your truck tint isnt dark enough? I have no tint LOL. I was closer to McD's at Erin... not really close to the burger factory. Met up with Haspano1.

I think you SUCK cause you were out in something that you were embarrassed to been seen in. Snob. just drives by!

Yeah Tint is on the list. Halos come friday as engine mods are coming. wont be stock anymore. Impressed a few guys last night in a jimmy. they thought the car was crazy, could not believe it was stock. Were definitely starting to earn some respect out there.
No no.. I meant my car!

As in.. The exhaust is sooooo loud and obnoxious that my tint isnt dark enough to hide me from embarrasment! lol Your car has 1 major mod that I am extremely jelous of that outweighs the tint anyways!! *cough* wing *cough*

Anyways.. Called Orion at 7:30 this morning and they fit me in.. Got down there and picked up a Malibu for a rental! Hopefully it is fixed by tonight and I will be back to ricing around.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Banned

No no.. I meant my car!

As in.. The exhaust is sooooo loud and obnoxious that my tint isnt dark enough to hide me from embarrasment! lol Your car has 1 major mod that I am extremely jelous of that outweighs the tint anyways!! *cough* wing *cough*

Anyways.. Called Orion at 7:30 this morning and they fit me in.. Got down there and picked up a Malibu for a rental! Hopefully it is fixed by tonight and I will be back to ricing around.

RICING AROUND?

I sure you meant rAcing but man that was a funny typo. Are you getting a Bigger wing, fart can with ghetto performance like drilling holes in it to cover up the exhaust leak.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:25 AM

no, i meant ricing around. lol

Ya Im gettin them to bolt on a second SS wing.. 1 just isnt enough!

I like the subtle sound of the stock ehaust.. But could probably be persuaded to drill some holes.. ahah. Kidding, kidding.. No holes thanks!

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's