Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****, take me for a boot
Old 06-14-2006, 09:06 PM

hey does anyone else get the cruisin manitoba letter??? i just got mine today and was thinking that would be awsome to have like 5-8 cobalts in this thing....u need to raise money but i dont think that would be an issue tell me what u guys think!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:19 AM

bad week for cobalt

so ive had my black ss/sc for about a month now, so anyway im at tyc on sat and notice that someone has decided to door me, not that much damage but enough to **** me off, so anyway im driving tonight on the way to watch the oilers game and fuckn bambi decides to jet in front of me so i swirved and couldnt stop fast enough and ended up in the ditch , thank god the cobalt drives like a 4x4 through mud otherwise i woulda missed the game, so now my passenger side has scrapes from the door ding and now i evened it out on the drivers side from a rock and gravel, and then im driving home and my whole sunroof switch assembly decides its goin to let go and fall in my lap in pieces, definatley not a good week for the cobalt
Old 06-15-2006, 12:37 AM

OUCH!!! Sorry to hear that anolass.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:58 PM

cobalt was in the last couple days gettin some cosmetic stuff fixed.. I cant wait to get it back.. Let me tell ya, do I ever miss that car.. The Equinox just isnt any good.lol. The AWD sucks ass, and it torque steers like no tomorrow. The only thing I didnt miss was the noisy front end that the balt has!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:52 PM

is the car at murrays right now cause i seen a black one in the body shop?'
Old 06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by peg's fastest ss
hey does anyone else get the cruisin manitoba letter??? i just got mine today and was thinking that would be awsome to have like 5-8 cobalts in this thing....u need to raise money but i dont think that would be an issue tell me what u guys think!
I in. Just let me know what we need to do.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by peg's fastest ss
what kind of mod u do to the airbox??? i noticed my super charger wine is alot louder now since i installed the stage 2
I put in a drop in filter and drilled a few holes in the bottom of the box (4 about 1" in diameter.) it is definitely louder. Can't really compare it. you would like my mod, more are and still provides protection from water and dirt.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:38 PM

air box mod

did it void ur warranty when u did ur air box mod and do u have a howto with a an filter size?
Old 06-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by anolass
did it void ur warranty when u did ur air box mod and do u have a howto with a an filter size?
No it wont void warranty unless the change is proven to be the cause of failure. But dont take my word for it. a dealer will fight it. I not afraid of it. I have suspension changes too.

I am considering the Stage 2 kit but feel that GM leaves to much on the table and the tune they provide has room for improvement as proven by other forum members.

the Filter is a K&N drop in filter E-0777. pop out the old and put in the new. simple as that.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:10 AM

where abouts did u drill the holes im not really familiar with the whole car yet as ive had it only month now
Old 06-16-2006, 12:14 AM

Can the airbox mod be done on a non SC as well?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jerzrae
Can the airbox mod be done on a non SC as well?
Yeah, I have done pretty much the same thing (great minds eh ssnipes?)... Our K&N drop-in part number is different. I also removed my passenger side wheel well liner and ripped out the stock intake resonator. I then remvoved my stock intake box and drilled about a dozen 1/2" holes in the bottom of it. When you remove it you'll notice a whole bunch of squares formed in the plastic from the factory. I basically put a hole in the middle of each one with the biggest drill bit I had handy. Getting that intake resonator out can be a pain because there is a bolt and a plastic pin holding it in place. This was just to tide me over until I get an intake, which might take awhile since I"m going to need winter tires and crap before snow flies.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:04 AM

drilling holes seems more ghetto to me then removing the whole bottom! Atleast it can be put back to normal the way I have it done!

What made u decide to do it that way?
Old 06-16-2006, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by EuteR
drilling holes seems more ghetto to me then removing the whole bottom! Atleast it can be put back to normal the way I have it done!

I haven't seen a 2.0L stock intake but it sounds like our setups are different. Can't just cut off the bottom of a 2.4L intake. It's kind of needed to hold our intake box and filter in place. And taking a sawzall and chopping off the bottom of a box is way more ghetto then drilling a few precise and clean holes
Old 06-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EuteR

I have another air box coming. plan on doing more extreme mods then. the factory cap then can be switched between winter and summer. no need.

you seem to be against do it yourself work. what's up with that. sometimes you just can't get what you want from the aftermarket world and you have to make it. that holds true with the stage 2 tune from gm. solution? HP tuners (is that ghetto too?) Its OK to question. I question your methods too through. your air filter can fall off without knowing it or did you use zip ties as a saftey precaution? People have called your mod as ghetto. I say it is smart.

the reason I did it with the drop in filter is for a couple of reasons.
1. I have the same filter surface area as the stock filter. (depending on the cone you bought you may not)
2. I will avoid CELs this way.
3. I can still go back to stock. just find another bottom piece.
4. I still wanted the filter to protected from the elements (water). Leaving the bottom off does not do this.
5. I dont think the flow restriction is necessarily the air coming in to the air box especially with a few more holes. I have more inlett area then the tube now. once you have a aftermarket filter element the next restriction is the air intake plumbing itself. which I am working on to solve. best of all no one can tell other than hearing the difference.

agree or disagree with my methods!? my theories that I want to use. Your way is not wrong, I just like this method better for now. until I learn more.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:01 PM

Uhhh what... Gettin a little ahead of yourself here.. How can I be against do it yourself mods when I have done one myself.. My filter is held on with a clamp that came with the filter. I was holding the whole airbox assembly by the filter and shaking it, making sure it wasn't going to come of, and trust me, its not. Maybe you just think to in depth of things that might happen.. You only live once.. Just do it. lol

I can still go back to stock too, just have to put the old filter in and stick the bottom back on. I dont have to go looking around for a new bottom.

As for the elements.. where the filter is located, it is kind of hidden anyways. Im not too concerned about water and dirt, as it has been on the car for 30K and no problems what so ever. (with new filters along the way obviously)

Dont get me wrong with all this, but I would still much rather just take the bottom off then drill holes. But hey, we each have different opinions and thats cool, no need to get worked up about it really, as its personal preference, and in the end, I really dont give a **** what you do to your car.. As its YOURS, but I will tell you what I think, thats just the way I am.

And also, I know my method is ghetto, as I go around calling it the ghetto mod.. I had a injen for a bit, but didnt fit worth ass, and i didnt notice a difference over the ghetto mod, so I returned it.

See you on the street!!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by zomghax
I haven't seen a 2.0L stock intake but it sounds like our setups are different. Can't just cut off the bottom of a 2.4L intake. It's kind of needed to hold our intake box and filter in place. And taking a sawzall and chopping off the bottom of a box is way more ghetto then drilling a few precise and clean holes
I totally agree with you from the description you gave.. I wouldnt sawsall the bottom off either.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:41 PM

So what do I need for the airbox mod? This is for a 06 SS automatic. Which filter would be the best one to get, from your experiences? Thanks.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerzrae
So what do I need for the airbox mod? This is for a 06 SS automatic. Which filter would be the best one to get, from your experiences? Thanks.

And this is why we need to meet. LOL You can see what others have done and make your own decision on what you like to do.

Euter LOL I wasnt upset. I have not seen your mode either. My caution was to the fact I had a cone filter on a different vehicle. the clamp loosened and the filter fell off. only noticed when I had the hood open. I was just recommending a back up to just having a clamp that was all.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:44 PM

cruise night

its pretty shitty outside but i was just wondering if anyone was goin crusing and if there was a spot all u cobalt owners meet up
Old 06-18-2006, 06:43 PM

I May Go For A Bit Ill Have My Daughter And Gf So I Wont Be Stoppin Off Anywhere..... But Ill Be Up And Down Acouple Times
Old 06-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Banned

stayin in sorry
Old 06-18-2006, 08:40 PM

window tinting

where are some good places to get window tinting , ive been to autotrim and they will only do legal max, i wanna go somewhere where i can get a little bit darker,
Old 06-19-2006, 02:23 AM

i went to Ming for mine.. They did a pro job and will do what you need done!

Later

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's