Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's 2007

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
saw a black ss/sc with a brunette driving down dakota today...she seemed in her early 20's...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:21 PM

i saw hispano's mom in my bedroom
Old 02-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thought
YES!

So yeah, I was reading Dennis' writeups for like the 50th time.... Been thinking about what upgrades to do after the "tintses". I'm so worried about screwing up my new baby, but here's what I'm thinking. I think the first mod will be Ingalls. I don't wanna have any studdering at all for this summer. But, I am concerned that the dampener will make the ride noisier and possibly more uncomfortable and maybe even wear out engine mounts prematurely - anyone have Ingalls installed? I'd love to know what the difference really is in daily driving.
Well I did alot of research and a little personal testing. the only thing to do for motor mounts is go poly. but really that is a waste of money before putting it else where IMO. and Inglis is a waste of money too or anyother so called "traction device". Those things prevent wheel hop but wheel hop is caused by loss of traction and to prevent that you lift up your right foot a little. I had BWoody's and they worked. I sold them right after one weekend. why? well I didnt like preloading them so they put pressure on suspension components. binding the flow of suspension. and the purpose of having them was to go faster. it did not make the car easier to drive faster. wheel hop is your friend as wierd that may sound. if you go to hard the hop tells you to back off. otherwise you just spin. With GMS2 you can push the car past hop and just spin like you would not believe and go no where fast. you want to fix wheel hop? first get better traction tires. next get poly control arm bushings. the wheel hop comes from control arm deflection. that is why BWoody's work. so stiffen up the bushings. you will improve handling as well. for more info on bushings PM me and I will send you two important links. and then you will improve your car for daily driving!

Second upgrade would have to be a CAI. After much humming and hahhhing, I think a CAI can be practical if I change back to stock when I put my winter tires back on, and visa versa. I was wondering Hisapano1, did you ever get a CEL with yours? And if I do get one, can I take it to the dealer to have them fix it? I'd hate to have them throw up their hands just cause I put on a CAI on a supercharged car, lol.
I can retrieve and clear cel's. everyone. Just call or PM. I will help you out.

Finally, after those upgrades, I think I'll start humming and hahhhing about exhaust, GMS2, brakes, clutch, axles, mounts and what order to add those............yeesh, lol
Anyway, any opinions/stories from you guys would be great as you all have experience driving in this weather, and all-year round.

EDIT: What nobody awake yet? lol

LOL no one jumped on my GMS2 so I sold the injectors. I will have be able to custom tune it for you though.

so with all the modes you have discussed. heres the order you could do things.

performance.
keep factory drivetrain warranty - GMS2
step over the line of warranty - 2.79 Pulley with a tune. you will be able to go back to GM pulley quickly for going to the shop for any engine warranty.

dont care about warranty - 60lbs injectors 2.7 pulley plus tune - 260ish whp.
or you could do more?!

handling - Eibach prokit or sportlines. talk to me before getting the pro-kit. more research is needed there. Control arm bushings. front strut bar - go JBP it is superior to other IMO.

Tires - dont over look this. I can pm options and discuss. so many tires...LOL.

Originally Posted by EuteR

man she got out of my closet again!!

Last edited by Asphalt Assault; 02-13-2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-13-2007, 08:07 PM

really thats awesome, congrats to u and every guy around the block
Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by hispano1
really thats awesome, congrats to u and every guy around the block
lol. wtf
Old 02-14-2007, 12:58 AM
MaJ

Originally Posted by hispano1
i thought you werent driving your car in the winter??
Nahh, I'm drivin it this winter. Dayn's the one storing his car
I wish I could store it, but I don't have enough money to buy/register a beater as well.

i saw a orange SS/SC pulling out of Canadian Tire on St James.. It had the stock rims on, and had badges.. Seemed like a older guy driving it.
Definately was not me.. Rarely go to St.James, have no badges and am only 21
Old 02-14-2007, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by MaJ
Nahh, I'm drivin it this winter. Dayn's the one storing his car
I wish I could store it, but I don't have enough money to buy/register a beater as well.

Definately was not me.. Rarely go to St.James, have no badges and am only 21

i knew it wasnt you as i remember your debadging pictures
Old 02-14-2007, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by ssnipes
so with all the modes you have discussed. heres the order you could do things.

performance.
keep factory drivetrain warranty - GMS2
step over the line of warranty - 2.79 Pulley with a tune. you will be able to go back to GM pulley quickly for going to the shop for any engine warranty.

dont care about warranty - 60lbs injectors 2.7 pulley plus tune - 260ish whp.
or you could do more?!

handling - Eibach prokit or sportlines. talk to me before getting the pro-kit. more research is needed there. Control arm bushings. front strut bar - go JBP it is superior to other IMO.

Tires - dont over look this. I can pm options and discuss. so many tires...LOL.
man she got out of my closet again!!
Thanks man! I really appreciate all your thoughts/experience! I've thought more about Ingalls too, and after seeing the new poly engine mount from TurboTech, I think that's a better upgrade.

as far as the CEL goes. There is now a reflash for it, so you dont have to worry about that.
Oh, so if you get a CEL with any CAI, just get the reflash and you can enjoy the "weeeeEEEEEE" without the light? Sweet. I thought I saw that on the forums but I wasn't sure if that covered the CEL from CAIs or coming from the GMS2 tune itself. Thanks for clearing it up

Last edited by thought; 02-14-2007 at 02:12 AM. Reason: :nosaeR
Old 02-14-2007, 04:00 AM

i had the CEL about a week after i put in the air filter and was on for about 6 months atleast before they came out with that reflash. The CEL didnt affect it at all, it was just a pain in the ass to look at, even though i must admit, after that long, it didnt bother me anymore.

I say intake should be your first mod, as its the most enjoyable IMO
Old 02-14-2007, 01:33 PM

i had the CEL about a week after i put in the air filter and was on for about 6 months atleast before they came out with that reflash. The CEL didnt affect it at all, it was just a pain in the ass to look at, even though i must admit, after that long, it didnt bother me anymore.
I say intake should be your first mod, as its the most enjoyable IMO
Thanks man. So, just install the intake then get the reflash - sounds easy enough :-).
Old 02-14-2007, 06:09 PM

Wes you never phoned me last weekend You were supposed to be my Valentine's date
Old 02-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dayn
Wes you never phoned me last weekend You were supposed to be my Valentine's date
I phoned your cell thursday and left you a message. guess you didnt get it. I was sick with the flu for four days. it sucked.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 PM
MaJ

Originally Posted by Dayn
Way to not answer your phone noob.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:46 PM

phone > dayn

ive always wanted to do that....
Old 02-14-2007, 11:43 PM
MaJ

Hey, I've got a question about the tint job. First off, are we still looking for a 10th person? And if we are.. does this person have to drive a Cobalt to get into your deal, or does the type of car not matter for the pricing we are getting?

I ask, because my friend wants in on the pricing if we can do it. He drives a 98 Chevy Monte Carlo, so it'll be a bit bigger (more tint required). Would this be OK?

Also, if we could find out what the places working hours are, as that'll really help all of us in figuring out how the heck we're going to get there to have this done :P

1... hispano1
2... SS_Ry
3... thought
4... SSnipes
5... Anola SS
6... P1llar
7... Dayn
8... MaJ
9... 06 pursuit gt
10.. ??? - Josh (MaJ's friend)
Old 02-15-2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by SS_Ry
phone > dayn

ive always wanted to do that....
that is just part of a long line. The most important part would be

stef>maj in skirt>dane

end the suppression of me
Old 02-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaJ
Hey, I've got a question about the tint job. First off, are we still looking for a 10th person? And if we are.. does this person have to drive a Cobalt to get into your deal, or does the type of car not matter for the pricing we are getting?

I ask, because my friend wants in on the pricing if we can do it. He drives a 98 Chevy Monte Carlo, so it'll be a bit bigger (more tint required). Would this be OK?

Also, if we could find out what the places working hours are, as that'll really help all of us in figuring out how the heck we're going to get there to have this done :P

1... hispano1
2... SS_Ry
3... thought
4... SSnipes
5... Anola SS
6... P1llar
7... Dayn
8... MaJ
9... 06 pursuit gt
10..Josh (MaJ's friend)
I am sure that twisting pauls arm we can get Josh in on it. In other words leave it to me. well we have the people lined up. I will get in touch with Paul as soon as we hammer out two dates to get it done. I suggest the last week of march for some and if there is enough interest than we may be able to do an advanced date if there are some people wanting to get it done sooner.

SO this is what I need please.

1. PM me with your real first name, phone # (with an answering machine), colour of car and plate #. Making a master list for chance something goes wrong like Paul getting sick or what ever, and that you get the tint you want (5 cars all the same can get confusing right).

2. Submit preffered dates to get it done. it will go to most popular and if you cant make it then $100 deposit gotta be put up to hold your spot and allow others to get the deal. someone falls through on this then others will be PO'ed. make sure you can commit.

3. Once we get dates done then we just have to show up for $165 plus tax.

Now to make everyone just a little more excited. I recieved a tip. I cant say who they are but some of you maybe able to figure it out. I will be working on getting the pricing a little sweeter. I cant say how much sweeter as I dont know yet. LOL. Oh and thankyou Kenny for putting us on to Paul. buy the way if paul does not come through for us I already have found a couple of backup tint providers just incase. thanks everyone. get back to me BY PM so I can get working on dates.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:19 PM

PM'd
Old 02-15-2007, 12:34 PM

pm sent as well
Old 02-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by p1llar
PM'd
Originally Posted by SS_Ry
pm sent as well
Thankyou for posting. Remember that to get tint you leave the car in the morning and pickup after 5. for my ease everyone please provide info like this for example -

Name 555-1212 Cobalt SS/sc blue AAA595 35% allaround & sunband

Available Tuesdays or Thursdays

Thanks guys.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:37 PM

"Available: No static schedule. I'll be one of the ones who will drop off a deposit and then make my own apt. and I will wait there for it to be done."

Sent you a PM with that in it. Hope that's possible.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM
MaJ

I as well do not have a set schedule, so I will have to do the deposite route and get it done when I have a day off.

PM'd
Old 02-15-2007, 05:33 PM

pm sent
Old 02-15-2007, 07:11 PM

PM sent.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:50 PM

PM not recieved

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's 2007