Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
full tank of gas maybe lol i think im most cases both are lowered not just the front or rear. if u wanna learn about lowering read this its long tho https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/suspension-67/suspenson-basics-101-a-34641/
Old 01-03-2008, 12:52 AM

Maj/Hispano/Wes All have theirs lowered...i will in spring as well i have the springs sitting in my room.....(income tax ftw)

and sean....didn't i see your car on ebay

Mat will come spring i believe...and i have a feeling jeff will do so soon too :P
Old 01-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS_Ry
Maj/Hispano/Wes All have theirs lowered...i will in spring as well i have the springs sitting in my room.....(income tax ftw)

Mat will come spring i believe...and i have a feeling jeff will do so soon too :P
are you lowering your whole car or just the back end?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:46 AM

The whole Car, Looking around for springs that will lower the car the most, the lower, the better ^_^

and I got a job interview this sat. which is awsome, working for the government for $17 starting, and up from there more $$$ means faster things done, yay
Old 01-03-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChiGoku
The whole Car, Looking around for springs that will lower the car the most, the lower, the better ^_^

and I got a job interview this sat. which is awsome, working for the government for $17 starting, and up from there more $$$ means faster things done, yay
not always lower the better, your ride will be harser the lower you go, ask maj...i plan to go eibach sportslines to get the lowest drop and the worst ride

matt what department are you applying for?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:02 PM

oh, I def. know that lower the better is not true in terms of ride comfort, and our shitty pot holes, but I mean lower the better on the look of the car

Canada Revenue, taxation center, clerical/out going mail position, I know someone who is currently working there since last year, and she clears over $900 per pay check, after taxes/deductions, around $940 range... sweet money to be made there
Old 01-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Banned

Yeah I wish I just modded the rear coils to drop my ride. EIbachs are great most of the time. not a harsh ride. it is firm and great in the corners. Our streets suck so you have to learn where you will bottom. overall I am still happy with the springs.

Oh happy new year everyone. Good on you Dayn for having the first post! I was at work...LOL

Last edited by Asphalt Assault; 01-03-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2008, 03:03 PM

New Project Starting Tongiht . . . . . . . Yah , Followed By New Project Tomorrow Night If All Goes Well Lol
Old 01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jefferyss
New Project Starting Tongiht . . . . . . . Yah , Followed By New Project Tomorrow Night If All Goes Well Lol
SHift light in?
Old 01-03-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Asphalt Assault
SHift light in?
NO , CANCELLED THE SHIFT LIGHT FOR THE TIME BEING GONNA TRY AND SELL IT I THINK. LOTS OF OTHER FUN STUFF THOUGH
Old 01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned

too bad I find a shift light to invaluable. I pulled mine out to keep.

Just an update. my summer tires are toast. I have two other stock tires with 9/32's and I am looking for two more. just to have on to get rid of it with good tires. the pirelli's are pretty good tire. I may refresh the rims to get rid of chips and road rash on one of them. getting to dump it in spring or just drive it. let me know if your friends want a good car that is different if they like the wingsless lowerd look.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by SS_Ry

u sure did! no luck tho i was looking into getting the ss at my dealership but they only wanna give me 14900 for mine so i said **** it and tried to sell myself. it only cost me $16 and its a worldwide ad. that will be my only attempt to sell tho i think im keeping the GT. my goal will be to be the highest modded Gt in the peg, wont be too tough i think.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by 06 pursuit gt
u sure did! no luck tho i was looking into getting the ss at my dealership but they only wanna give me 14900 for mine so i said **** it and tried to sell myself. it only cost me $16 and its a worldwide ad. that will be my only attempt to sell tho i think im keeping the GT. my goal will be to be the highest modded Gt in the peg, wont be too tough i think.
does that include cobalt SS?

and theres a GT out of the city that has CF HOOD and body kit..all apperence but still..

Originally Posted by ChiGoku
oh, I def. know that lower the better is not true in terms of ride comfort, and our shitty pot holes, but I mean lower the better on the look of the car

Canada Revenue, taxation center, clerical/out going mail position, I know someone who is currently working there since last year, and she clears over $900 per pay check, after taxes/deductions, around $940 range... sweet money to be made there
sweet man best of luck getting the job, my mom works for the governement and is a manager in the agruiculter section and makes really really good money, governement is a sweet place for people without educations to make good coin, best of luck with you and if u need any advice on how to do the interview let me know my mom knows all the tricks (no sexualy indiendo (SP) intended)

Last edited by Projekt; 01-03-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2008, 02:26 AM

well happy new year peeps and wish u the best in 08..my plans just to keep driving nuthin big...now...

Originally Posted by 06 pursuit gt
highest modded gt...hmm..already met a kid with a header/dp but no intake yet in his black gt, then a 4 dr pursuit wit full body kit, dual exhaust and header/dp, intake...so i think YOUR LOSING IN THAT FIELD...if u wana b the fastest...then your also behind from what ive seen kids drive and have wit their gt's....so if i were you, id sell it and get sumthin atleast thats worth modding b/c no offence a pursuit gt aint worth modding to much if u wana be the fastest unless u turbo it or supercharger it...so either A) add a turbo/supercharger B) don't mod it @ all and waste your time or embarassment or C) sell it and get yourself a real car...and i aint sayin i have a real car so don't get it twisted...

oh and Projekt, it doesnt include cobalt ss 2.4l's since you can actually drive and know how to rape a pursuit gt...

Originally Posted by SSbrian
are you lowering your whole car or just the back end?
why would some lower their back end of their car and make it look ****'d??

Last edited by hispano1; 01-04-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hispano1
well happy new year peeps and wish u the best in 08..my plans just to keep driving nuthin big...now...

highest modded gt...hmm..already met a kid with a header/dp but no intake yet in his black gt, then a 4 dr pursuit wit full body kit, dual exhaust and header/dp, intake...so i think YOUR LOSING IN THAT FIELD...if u wana b the fastest...then your also behind from what ive seen kids drive and have wit their gt's....so if i were you, id sell it and get sumthin atleast thats worth modding b/c no offence a pursuit gt aint worth modding to much if u wana be the fastest unless u turbo it or supercharger it...so either A) add a turbo/supercharger B) don't mod it @ all and waste your time or embarassment or C) sell it and get yourself a real car...and i aint sayin i have a real car so don't get it twisted...

oh and Projekt, it doesnt include cobalt ss 2.4l's since you can actually drive and know how to rape a pursuit gt...

wow? welcome back. breakin out the can of whoopass! LOL

Although I think Hispano's approach is gut wrenching harsh it is pretty accurate. I agree with Hispano on all points except the last one on the suspension. I think your misunderstanding his intention Hispano1. he wants to level it out. the SS comes with the ass way up compared to the front. He doesnt want lowering springs to bring it down to our level and since Eibach pro kit basically levels out the car (drops the rear end) then why not just go to Nuels springs (on wall) and get the rear dropped a little. other than we dont know what it will do to ride and handling of course. it has never been done. for looks then why not. for handling just may not be the best thing to do.

Hey what did you mean keep drivin ..... what you said highlighted above......

later
Old 01-04-2008, 03:11 AM

i think he ment just to drive his car..no mods intended
Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 AM

ya just to keep driving it and thats it...

gettin the new tc ss...congrats...but personally i rather wait till 09 or 2010 models come out...

oh i did misunderstand it, my bad...everything else i said i dont apologize for...
Old 01-04-2008, 03:46 AM
MaJ

I still don't know what my plans are. Everything is up in the air at this point.
But, I do have to say I agree with the fact that if you want to be the fastest, driving a Pursuit GT isn't where you are going to do that. I don't even think driving any Delta is where you'll do that.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaJ
I still don't know what my plans are. Everything is up in the air at this point.
But, I do have to say I agree with the fact that if you want to be the fastest, driving a Pursuit GT isn't where you are going to do that. I don't even think driving any Delta is where you'll do that.
hey MaJ wat kind of lowering springs do you have?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:19 PM

he has the cheapeast, a 250 lb gf and friends to ride with him for every cruise nite...
Old 01-04-2008, 06:20 PM

he has the cheapeast, a 250 lb gf and friends to ride with him for every cruise nite...
or juan ridin shotgun
Old 01-04-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Projekt
or juan ridin shotgun
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH LOL
Old 01-04-2008, 08:26 PM

Plans with the balt....

- Find time to install the bottle
- New rims..(mmmm Rial)
- Some interior and exterior mods (still going to be the best looking balt in the city )...Don't take me too seriously guys.

-Buy a house
Old 01-04-2008, 09:27 PM

wow that is the stupidst, least thought out paragraph ive ever read.
The 2nd last sentence is my favorite on the bord of stupid things youve said u just contradicted yourself.
How that can that not be taken as an insult to Andrew and JP is beyond me.

i am not the greatst at driving my car hard because i dont do that very often at all. i bought mine and intend to make it last.
oh and for the record i never said i wanted to be the fastest.

i guess it was kinda ignorant saying it shouldnt be too tough but i regret saying that.

Last edited by 06 pursuit gt; 01-04-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 PM

Well, four days in to 2008, and we are already back to normal. Let me get this out of the way:

I disagree with all of you, on everything. All of you suck. All of your cars are slow. None of you can dance as well as my kitten.

Anyone wanna go for wings sometime soon again?

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's 2008