Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jefferyss
.just wanted to clear this up so people dont start thinking they can write there cars off to get the tc lol
so without new car insurance..... TC here i come hahaha yeah right....
Old 01-05-2008, 09:37 PM

courtney has new car insurance. which is a great thing to have but with that ins, say the car is worth 50,000 , mpi will fix that car up to 50,000 ! there has to be enough damage to surpase the write off value ( 50,001+) . so the fact is they are most likely to fix his car cause the damage is no where near the value that mpi would have to pay out for repairs. sorry to use your situation as the example courtney.just wanted to clear this up so people dont start thinking they can write there cars off to get the tc lol
No problem Jeff! I think ppl should be aware of how the system works - it's confusing enough as it is. My adjuster said she was on vacation in a phone message but that there was another adjuster handling my case. I've had that happen before, and that usually means the adjuster "handling the case" does jack. I'd imagine you can get somewhere next week Jeff.

A few things to mention. First "none of our cars are worth 20 thousand". That's just incorrect. And second, as Jeff mentioned, since I have new car insurance, if they write it off, I get the full purchase price that I paid. This differs from regular insurance, in which case the value of the car is paid in a write off. New car insurance is only available for the first 24 months you own a car, but I think it is worth every penny in this case.

I hope that helps you all understand insurance a bit more. I'll be sure to get the $200 deductible option and car rental option next time I renew in February though. Those would have made this a lot easier. (I am not eligible for a rental as I am at fault 100%). Oh, well, you live and learn.

I'm just so thankful to have Jeff looking after it. Most people never seem to give 2 ***** about my car unless I hang around supervising the work begin done on it. At least now I sleep well knowing that Jeff will make sure the guys get the "Vet" nice and shiny again.

Oh, and Juan: My mom is lending me her '99 Grand Caravan Sport, yee-haw! Dad bought her an '08 Matrix, so the lucky lady has a spare vehicle anyway, lol. It was tough for a while though. Maki and I shared 1 car, which added 1.5 hours to my daily commuting times.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
MaJ

Originally Posted by Neutrino
But seriously...the reason I never post here anymore (and im assuming is why Juan only returned now) is because everyone is so stuck up and if you want to say something bashful, say it to my face. I know I have been frustrated and said some things I regret but in summer we were all friends and now....I HATE EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol jk, but seriously, some people need to grow up and respect.
I'm pretty sure we are all in the same boat here. I've sad some things I regret as well, and I too have stepped away from this board because I really don't think any of us need the stress of hating on another person over the internet with the **** we all go through in our daily lives.

Originally Posted by SSbrian
hey MaJ how much did the springs put you back?
Picked 'em up on a group buy on the forums. Set me back about $250.

Originally Posted by SS_Ry
Set it up man! Can you play the drums at all....cause i suck at them hahaha
Should totally get something planned. I have next weekend off so we can probably get something for friday or saturday evening if people are interested.
P.S. I just started playin the drums on Hard this morning.

Originally Posted by hispano1
is rock band better then guitar hero??
Depends on what you're doing. I like the guitar in GH a lot more then RB, cause I just don't feel like Rockband's guitar challenges me at all. (Not bragging, but I was pretty good at GH, and to me Expert level on RB feels like Medium from GH.)
As for the game in general. I Absolutely love playing RB with a group of people. Every night since I've had the game there has been a good 6-12 people in my basement all rocking out, and it's amazing cause we all laugh at each other and have a blast.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOOO GO CANADA!!!!

And congrats on the rifles man, when do tryouts/training start? im down anytime man....ps i still have the LED's in my room hahahaha

As far as the arguing stuff....i just ignore those posts and move on We're all friends here....except that JP kid haha

I agree....i decided to get a 360 with my tax return money rather than doing too much to the car....i just want it lowered and then ill be happy....but yeah i plan on getting this game as well...looks so awesome. Set it up man! Can you play the drums at all....cause i suck at them hahaha
im totaly in for rock band, ill split it with ya guys, i got a 52 inch screen tv we can practice on in my basement, also i totaly got vocals!!! lol
Old 01-06-2008, 12:17 AM

Ive never played it, but count me in if there is room and if you want!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 AM

i miss my car ! i got an hhr for a rental lol
Old 01-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thought
If you were a carebear, what would you be?

Me, I'd have to say I'd be Kung-Fu Bear.

Anyone else?
I must say I am "**** Bear"

i'm gonna say . . . .i'm the " i'm gonna get you sucka" bear

hey thought , i'm still trying to get an answer out of your adjuster.we have left 3 messages with her and no response yet? has she called you at all about it?

courtney has new car insurance. which is a great thing to have but with that ins, say the car is worth 50,000 , mpi will fix that car up to 50,000 ! there has to be enough damage to surpase the write off value ( 50,001+) . so the fact is they are most likely to fix his car cause the damage is no where near the value that mpi would have to pay out for repairs. sorry to use your situation as the example courtney.just wanted to clear this up so people dont start thinking they can write there cars off to get the tc lol

Originally Posted by thought
No problem Jeff! I think ppl should be aware of how the system works - it's confusing enough as it is. My adjuster said she was on vacation in a phone message but that there was another adjuster handling my case. I've had that happen before, and that usually means the adjuster "handling the case" does jack. I'd imagine you can get somewhere next week Jeff.

A few things to mention. First "none of our cars are worth 20 thousand". That's just incorrect. And second, as Jeff mentioned, since I have new car insurance, if they write it off, I get the full purchase price that I paid. This differs from regular insurance, in which case the value of the car is paid in a write off. New car insurance is only available for the first 24 months you own a car, but I think it is worth every penny in this case.

I hope that helps you all understand insurance a bit more. I'll be sure to get the $200 deductible option and car rental option next time I renew in February though. Those would have made this a lot easier. (I am not eligible for a rental as I am at fault 100%). Oh, well, you live and learn.

I'm just so thankful to have Jeff looking after it. Most people never seem to give 2 ***** about my car unless I hang around supervising the work begin done on it. At least now I sleep well knowing that Jeff will make sure the guys get the "Vet" nice and shiny again.

Oh, and Juan: My mom is lending me her '99 Grand Caravan Sport, yee-haw! Dad bought her an '08 Matrix, so the lucky lady has a spare vehicle anyway, lol. It was tough for a while though. Maki and I shared 1 car, which added 1.5 hours to my daily commuting times.
WOW.... I never thought of new car insurance in this light before. I think it is good but bad as well. good your car is fixed cause autopac does not have a way out, but bad cause your car could really be screwed and you dont want it back and they fix it anyway!

note to all... if you lease dont get new car insurance. car write off breaks the lease. Autopac pays lease company and you go out and get a new car. life is good.

re: deductible. I would never go $200. $500 and 5,000,000 third party liability is the FTW. you pay for the little dings and then you dont get dinged on your insurance, licence and points that end up costing you anyway. for what you save you pay more in the end in short. IMO....
Old 01-06-2008, 01:49 AM

wes i agree but on a side note to the $500 ded . . . waht a lot of people don't know is that if you want to get the cheapest ded ( $500 ) you can , shitty part is if your car cvonstantly gets broken into, people keep opening doors into your car it adds up quick. 500 at a time to drop is hard, i had one guy that i fixed his truck 3 time in a row because i would fix it give it back to him.he would take it home and they would try to steal it again.

now with ded , if you have the 500 ded you dont get any perks on your ons when something does in fact happen. if they try to steal your car with a 500 you still pay your ded, with 200 you dont. with 500 what you can do ( and this is the part people dont know about) is talk to your ins broker eg: wpg ins, lowey ins , ranger ins whomever you use. they offer 3rd party coverage through the branch. basically what this is is taht you would keep your 500 ded and with the extended coverage threw the broker if someone steals it you get in a accident you would pay a reduced ded .the ins company would pay the difference to m.p.i.

each broker is different
$500 ded collision = $200 you pay
$500 ded attempted tehft or theft entire = $200
$500 ded stupid door dings or you tear your mirror off with the garage = $50.00

some palces are different, ask around cause to get the extended coverage through them and not the $200 ded through m.p.i. is way cheaper to go through your own broker

now keep in mind that i deal with ins and m.p.i. all day everyday . i'm not giving exact dollar amounts cause each company is different , i'm just shedding some light to those who don't know
Old 01-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Banned

wes i agree but on a side note to the $500 ded . . . waht a lot of people don't know is that if you want to get the cheapest ded ( $500 ) you can , shitty part is if your car cvonstantly gets broken into, people keep opening doors into your car it adds up quick. 500 at a time to drop is hard, i had one guy that i fixed his truck 3 time in a row because i would fix it give it back to him.he would take it home and they would try to steal it again.

now with ded , if you have the 500 ded you dont get any perks on your ons when something does in fact happen. if they try to steal your car with a 500 you still pay your ded, with 200 you dont. with 500 what you can do ( and this is the part people dont know about) is talk to your ins broker eg: wpg ins, lowey ins , ranger ins whomever you use. they offer 3rd party coverage through the branch. basically what this is is taht you would keep your 500 ded and with the extended coverage threw the broker if someone steals it you get in a accident you would pay a reduced ded .the ins company would pay the difference to m.p.i.

each broker is different
$500 ded collision = $200 you pay
$500 ded attempted tehft or theft entire = $200
$500 ded stupid door dings or you tear your mirror off with the garage = $50.00

some palces are different, ask around cause to get the extended coverage through them and not the $200 ded through m.p.i. is way cheaper to go through your own broker

now keep in mind that i deal with ins and m.p.i. all day everyday . i'm not giving exact dollar amounts cause each company is different , i'm just shedding some light to those who don't know

Nice. yeah I did extended coverage once. I think that it is a good deal.

As far as getting stolen. my car is in my garage or parked in a secured parking lot with security and cameras. rarely is it a target for theft or vandalism. for those reasons I understand better why someone would go with the lower deductible. Good explaination. (and thanks for not hating on me...LOL)
Old 01-06-2008, 01:21 PM

fuuuuuuuuck that was a lot of reading...
Happy new years to everyone!
I dont really have anything car related to say in reponse to what everyone has been saying since to be honest, i just skimmed the posts lol.
i like my car, its pretty.
oh ya, ps. i got a puppy i got a puppy i got a puppy hey hey hey hey!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:34 PM

so whens the wing night? fri nite?
Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 PM

so whens the wing night? fri nite?
Im down for friday night....smittys on pem? 8:00?
And maj, saturday works for me if ya wanna have a rock band night
Old 01-06-2008, 09:00 PM

why friday?? why not tuesday or thursday?? sure, it is a hell of a lot more busy, but its also a lot cheaper

I'd pay to come watch you guys play rock band, as long as ss_ry is the singer :P
Old 01-06-2008, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by ChiGoku
why friday?? why not tuesday or thursday?? sure, it is a hell of a lot more busy, but its also a lot cheaper

I'd pay to come watch you guys play rock band, as long as ss_ry is the singer :P
andrew and ryan..if u guys new 2 more people i can get another person on with me included...if u wanna split er 4 ways...
Old 01-06-2008, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Projekt
andrew and ryan..if u guys new 2 more people i can get another person on with me included...if u wanna split er 4 ways...
ryan already has the game

thursday works for me too....and yeah it is cheaper

might wanna bring earplugs haha

Last edited by SS_Ry; 01-06-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-06-2008, 09:19 PM

ryan already has the game

thursday works for me too....and yeah it is cheaper

might wanna bring earplugs haha
oh well ryans ahead of the game i see haha...if u guys need a extra im down for rocking
Old 01-07-2008, 12:16 AM

Anyone body interested in some Momo pedals? would look great on a yellow cobalt.

http://www.eurosportacc.com/images/momopedals_r1_c1.gif

They're brand new, the package is in rough shape but have never been mounted, looking for $60 obo.

Oh ya, the SRT-4 got some hid's for christmas, it should be a little easier to spot now.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by p1llar
Anyone body interested in some Momo pedals? would look great on a yellow cobalt.

They're brand new, the package is in rough shape but have never been mounted, looking for $60 obo.

Oh ya, the SRT-4 got some hid's for christmas, it should be a little easier to spot now.
pillar will those fit on a 2.4L Cobalt..if so i might be intrested..
Old 01-07-2008, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by p1llar

so i take it yours is the orange one always sitting far in the parking lot usually by the big snow bank ? if so that car looks sick man !
Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Projekt
pillar will those fit on a 2.4L Cobalt..if so i might be intrested..

They're universal, you drill into your pedals to secure them, i bought them for my spec v and i got lazy, the srt has sick pedals so i got no use for these. Search the forums, you should be able to find a how-to on installing them.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:58 AM

ya that srt4 does look sick. I congradulate the previous owner in making it look nice..:P..haha can't wait to see you do 12's or low 13's with it if you can..:P..
Old 01-07-2008, 12:58 AM

so i take it yours is the orange one always sitting far in the parking lot usually by the big snow bank ? if so that car looks sick man !
At crestview shopping center? if so yes, and thank you! i've got so many damn door dings from that shopping center and the university, i gotta park as far away as i can lol
Old 01-07-2008, 12:59 AM

SO I NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING . . . .

is juan the only person that read post # 63 ????????????????
Old 01-07-2008, 12:59 AM

ya that srt4 does look sick. I congradulate the previous owner in making it look nice..:P..haha can't wait to see you do 12's or low 13's with it if you can..:P..
pffft look nice, all he did was add 18's visually, the real magic he put in was into the engine
Old 01-07-2008, 01:05 AM

SO I NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING . . . .

is juan the only person that read post # 63 ????????????????
u snaped ur oil cooler?

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's 2008