Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Mid West (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-mid-west-112/)
-   -   any takers 4 a weekend cruise 8:30pm south edmonton (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-mid-west-112/any-takers-4-weekend-cruise-8-30pm-south-edmonton-112368/)

coby$$ 05-16-2008 02:26 PM

any takers 4 a weekend cruise 8:30pm south edmonton

hey guys im look ing to go 4 a cruise with some fellow cobalt owners. im always down to go 4 a rip on weekends around 8 or 9 friday or sat. any takers, i see lots of sc cobalts around this summer itd be cool to get a bunch of us together and go set off some car alarms around town. im not the best at organizing but how does 8:30 @south common best buy parking lot, i know you guys going to ikea but they turn the street light out after closing, not that im scared of the dark or anything and plus you can actually see the cars. or hughes on 75st

Copper cobalt, g85, stage 2, vibrant cat back, 77.9mm pully, k&n tyfoon intake

jlaudiog5gt 05-16-2008 02:53 PM

Im down 4 that tonight. I mite be going out to the track first

n0xid 05-16-2008 04:39 PM

I'll go, but heading out to the bigger meets after.

coby$$ 05-16-2008 05:06 PM

so whats better 4 u guys best buy or hughes on 75st next to 630 ched building i never went out to a meet its kinda wierd pullin up by yourself, i did that last weekend at united cycle and there was nuthin but srt4s and hondas so i rolled out, diddnt even stop, a little uncomfortable

n0xid 05-16-2008 06:05 PM

We could go to whorelack park? Mainly just don't know south end that well haha.

coby$$ 05-16-2008 06:16 PM

i like that whore lack park, where ru from lets meet in the middle or is there already a cobalt ecotec meet sumwhere else, the hughes on 75 st is a good spot 28 car wash bays lots of parking to dry off its right down 75 st just north of white mud like 3 blocks or something, my girlfriend thinks im a homo for being on this site and meeting strangers i just think it would be cool to rip around town with a group of supercharged cobalts

wherever is good 4 me, is there more than one person down, cmon i know you guys r out there i see sc cobalts everywhere

n0xid 05-16-2008 06:48 PM

Pretty much north center edge of the city haha, and already a small meet there for underground and mitsu nation. So if only a few show up there is at least some other good people there.

coby$$ 05-16-2008 07:04 PM

wher do the chevys/ecotecs go on fridays, im down to meet wherever so long as there is a good car wash on the way i say 75st hughes but ill go wherever, isnt there more people from edmonton on this site

n0xid 05-16-2008 07:10 PM

Yeah but there isn't really any organization or regularity, most I've seen is 4 cars together.

coby$$ 05-16-2008 07:34 PM

really, theres a lot of cobalts out, ive never been out w any one on the site, and all my friends dont really enjoy going out 4 a cruise, i can go closer to you if you want , i dont care im going 4 a cruise regardles the more the merrier

cruisn 05-16-2008 08:17 PM

where to guys? seriously I weanna go but hwere is the fianl meet spot?

Originally Posted by coby$$ (Post 2339250)
wher do the chevys/ecotecs go on fridays, im down to meet wherever so long as there is a good car wash on the way i say 75st hughes but ill go wherever, isnt there more people from edmonton on this site

I will be there. at 75st car wash. see you there.

btw if you need to get a hold of me,
Matt: 901-7614 jsut call

75th St & Roper Rd???

coby$$ 05-16-2008 08:22 PM

wicked buddy thats the spirit! hey nOXID ru able to get to the south end its easy to find just take 75 st south all the way just past argyll rd thers a old school KFC a motorcycle dealership BMW dealer on the same corner, its just north of the water reservoir( 2 giant concrete boobs)

n0xid 05-16-2008 08:28 PM

Yeah ill figure it out, if not ill call matt.

coby$$ 05-16-2008 08:49 PM

cool im there 4 sure i wont be checking messages any more... i dont think the hughes is on the north west corner of 75 st and roper rd. between whitemud and argyll rd on 75st nice car wash and lots of light / parking

coby$$ 05-17-2008 02:10 PM

good turn out last night thanx 4 showin up. 2 g5, 2 cobalts, and a sleeper pursuit, lets do it again some time i can go closer to west end if u guys want, im down just about any nice weekend, 29 sticky degrees out today my P zeros love it

mazda_2_pontiac 05-19-2008 09:23 PM

I will have to check on here for the next meet, I would have come this weekend but didnt check this site in time.. Oh well better luck next time for me

coby$$ 05-21-2008 10:48 PM

my brother in law had a mazda six, he traded it in for a 63 impala ss i have pictures of it in my gallery, are you in g5, im not sure when we will meet again but im always up 4 a cruise on the weekends so long as its nice out

cobaltoloco 05-21-2008 11:03 PM

Hey guys the Silver Phantom here!! just got back from my first long trip on my baby went all the way to Nelson........ 7.3 litres per 100 km...... a lot better than 10 in the city...... GM stage 2 gm performance exshaust? kill me for my spelling short shifter....... i know i am forgetting the intake cooler..... lol and there is something else....hmm any how I am in for the next...bw the silver Phantom kick ass to Nelson and Back to the city of champs...... no one was able to keep up..... it was fun... I know very responsible but hey it's my car..... lol

coby$$ 05-21-2008 11:36 PM

sweet i cant wait to take my stg 2 to vancouver island in august. 7.3L thats fucking awsome whats gas at down there any way. if anyone is headed to vancouver i suggest taking highway 99 from just north of cache creek to vancouver (google earth it) via whistler, it a drivers road, really windy lots of climbing and dropping, lots of one way bridges, itll add a few extra hours driving time to the trip (good thing). truckers know that road as devils pass, i can see it it was about 38C really hard on brakes and transmission and engine for that matter but fun none the less fill your tank any wherever you get a chance there is lots of road between anything i think one gas station for 400km or something and barely any phone reception(onstar works). this road is not for pussies

cobaltoloco 05-22-2008 08:35 PM

gas was the downer buck forty seven and hard to find 91 octa...... but man stage 2 rocks the tires bite the road like a hungry man for a woman

coby$$ 05-23-2008 08:51 PM

nice i love the roads in BC it feels like my tires are square driving in edmonton

coby$$ 07-11-2008 08:02 PM

MEET WEEKEND JULY 18 i dont know how many of you will see this as it is an old thread, theres so many that i figured id use an old one. lets get another meet together for the weekend of july 18 or 19, last meet from this thread got i think 6 cars in total which isnt bad but isnt good either, i was thinking we could meet somewhere down town like visions on 109 st near grant mac or even kingsway, we could go on a tour of the city from there(i know gas is expensive), im more for driving than sitting in parking lots all night, but i definately want to stop and see what youve all done to your cars, hopefully some of you see this, drop a line and let me know if any ones interested. we can sort out the details later depending on how many people want to come and where everyone is.

n0xid 07-11-2008 08:29 PM

Well that Friday is a no go for me, pulling some overtime renovating the showroom at work.

cruisn 07-11-2008 08:38 PM

start a new thread for eacxh meet please..

mazda_2_pontiac 07-12-2008 04:06 AM

Yeah the weekend of the 18th is a no go for me too, lets make it next weekend like july 25 or 26th