Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

None combat related deaths?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None combat related deaths?

Ok so i keep hearing in the news of all these none Combat related deaths. I'm finding this extremely hard to hear as my brother inlaw is PPCLI outta edmonton plus countless other friends who are stationed in air force and other army branch's. What in all that is good is going on?

I know 2 deaths were suicide related. Why are people not seeing the signs? Thier there. they are noticable! for christ sake i suffer from depression and people can see the signs and i mask my feelings well.

im not ex military either btw i never made it past my mental portion of the physical. lol
Old 07-01-2011, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having depression here in canada (at home) is alot different then having depression over there. Everyone is depressed from being away from their families and whatnot. That being said, you gotta suck it up otherwise when bullets start coming at you and mortars are dropping on top of you, you will freeze and get yourself or your team killed.

That being said, there are cases where the depression gets to much for someone and they cant handle it, most times they weill talk to someone and sometimes they wont.

Just because it isnt combat and we arent getting shot at, doesnt make our jobs less dangerous. Sometimes **** just happends.

Also, PPCI are abit mentally retarded..lol.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM

this is a huge topic among high officials daily i think. the main issue tho isnt so much no one seeing the signs of suicide its the person who does it not seeing the problem as temporary and seeking help. i cant say that i have never thought about it cus i have but i know its not fair to the rest of the people around me.

you have to seek the help, i dont really know about all installations but theres TONS of help on ft hood in texas at all levels so its there you just have to want it,
Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by srt-10

Also, PPCI are abit mentally retarded..lol.

hey now. First in last out man.

PPCLI! i was ina PPCLI cadet corp from 13 to 18. We may get the **** end of the deal, but thats why when i tried to get into the army i applied for mechanics haha
Old 07-01-2011, 12:30 PM

you have a valid point. i suffer from depression and i refuse to see a doc over it. reason being i know theyll just put me on meds.

**** meds only drug i take is speed and so far im 4 years clean of it because ive had no motor haha
Old 07-01-2011, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slamedham
hey now. First in last out man.

PPCLI! i was ina PPCLI cadet corp from 13 to 18. We may get the **** end of the deal, but thats why when i tried to get into the army i applied for mechanics haha
please dont compair cadets to the actual army. Theres nothing more i hate, then a snotty little kit thinking he is all that because he is a Sgt. in cadets. The most cadets have to be depressed about is home sick and missing their mommies.

I was in Air Cadets, aged out and joined the army reserves as a infantry soldier then switched to Reg force as a tanker.

And not all of PPCLI is "first in, last out"...only a small portion (Recce)....which is what i currently am right now....armoured recce.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:54 PM

wow
Old 07-01-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by srt-10
please dont compair cadets to the actual army. Theres nothing more i hate, then a snotty little kit thinking he is all that because he is a Sgt. in cadets. The most cadets have to be depressed about is home sick and missing their mommies.

I was in Air Cadets, aged out and joined the army reserves as a infantry soldier then switched to Reg force as a tanker.

And not all of PPCLI is "first in, last out"...only a small portion (Recce)....which is what i currently am right now....armoured recce.
... hey now i wasnt even trying to compair cadets to real life. Sorry if it seemed this way.

was saying that i was in a PPLCI cadet core was all.