Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Mid West (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-mid-west-112/)
-   -   wanted: front grille+ (SS parts in AB) (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-mid-west-112/wanted-front-grille-ss-parts-ab-226736/)

soundjunky 09-02-2010 04:18 PM

wanted: front grille+ (SS parts in AB)

Hey, rather than post this in the classifieds, I figured I'd post here to see if anyone in Alberta (or close by) can help me out;

I recently bought a wrecked (albeit not written off) 2009 Cobalt SS.
I have not yet decided what I'm going to do with it, but to keep my options open, I am trying to have a complete car.

I have replaced most of the SS specific parts which had been broken, removed, or sold off this car with a few exceptions;

The easiest part to procure should be a front grille;
I was told that someone from Edmonton drove down and bought the grill off this car for his 2.4L car - so there should be at least one spare grille in this province(!).
I don't require it to be a 2008-2010 grille set, rather something to hold up the bumper skin should suffice.
If you have one laying around could you please message me?

Incase you're interested in helping me find other parts that I will eventually need for fixing this mess;
  1. I have yet to find an ECM.
    I really want to get the car out of my garage but need an ECM to do so - I have some leads that I am following up on right now.
  2. If I buy a base model to swap everything over, I will need an SS rear bumper cover - I don't care right now if it's for a 2.4L or 2.0L car... just something...
  3. the car also has HID projectors, I would be interested in a good set of stock lights - would anyone be interested in some sort of trade?

Thank you very much for looking and hopefully considering helping me out! :cssNET:

n0xid 09-02-2010 05:53 PM

Think the grill buyer your thinking of is me :) Surprisingly I have some stocker lights for sale and if you need front and rear bumpers I have some too (although not in the best condition).

soundjunky 09-02-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by n0xid (Post 5204556)
Think the grill buyer your thinking of is me :) Surprisingly I have some stocker lights for sale and if you need front and rear bumpers I have some too (although not in the best condition).

if that was you then "HI!"

You saw what I currently have sitting in my garage, so hopefully you know what I meant in my post of wanting just to have a (relatively) complete car, and deal with it later...

I am interested in the rear bumper - should I assume it's just the skin? ;)

Would you be willing to part with your stock grille?
(IMHO I think you got the best deal out of any of the parts he sold)

I was actually pretty bummed out that Nathan sold it - I only found out when it was towed to my place (not that a grille was a make or break it thing)...

cli3e0339384398jk 09-02-2010 06:44 PM

i have a spare grille-all yours if you want it, see my fore sale thread and make me an offer

cli3e0339384398jk 09-02-2010 06:46 PM

what did nathan give it up for $$ wise? he owed quite a bit on it still i thought

soundjunky 09-02-2010 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by bluecobalt99 (Post 5204673)
i have a spare grille-all yours if you want it, see my fore sale thread and make me an offer

got your PM & replied already... I'll look for your "for sale" thread tomorrow.... gtg

Originally Posted by bluecobalt99 (Post 5204680)
what did nathan give it up for $$ wise? he owed quite a bit on it still i thought

he sold it (as in both parts for $60 - IMHO probably the best deal out of any of the parts he sold off that car...

cli3e0339384398jk 09-02-2010 06:51 PM

i meant what did he sell the car to you for?

flyg5 09-06-2010 09:10 AM

I will trade my headlights for yours, If still available.

soundjunky 09-06-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by flyg5 (Post 5211613)
I will trade my headlights for yours, If still available.

I have two locals who (as of friday night) are wanting them, I'll see how long they were thinking of waiting to make hte trade - if they drag their feet, I'll let you know. BTW apparently my terminology was wrong, they're "HID-retros"