Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

2014 Spotted Thread: Maritime Edition

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:39 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by nobody2u
Ah okay, are you going in Shaun's car? Also what colour are you dipping it?
Possibly, and white with glossifier. Gonna do the wheels teal too but need more gloss for them I think
Old 06-01-2014, 08:00 PM

Few Balts out at ppp tonight, Chris took me for a drive and I'm in love. Love love love love. Definitely want a lnf now.

Also talked to guy who owns the wingless silver tc, said it only has an intake no tune.

Looks great tho, also saw buttTC's car briefly. @nobody2u no appearance!!!

On way home in @shaunDRZ's car we kinda raced that abarth, pulled on him from a roll and he had to slow down. Raced from a dig and he immediately put a car length on us but stayed even after that. SHAUN LEARN TO LAUNCH!!

Last edited by Canadia; 06-01-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
good to finally meet a few from here! Glad you liked the LNF Canadia haha

pretty funny bumping into Shaun at the rubber ducky carwash on my way to PPP.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
good to finally meet a few from here! Glad you liked the LNF Canadia haha pretty funny bumping into Shaun at the rubber ducky carwash on my way to PPP.
yeah! Always gotta have the Balt lookin good for PPP. First LNF sedan I've ever seen irl and it looks some good and pulls like a bat outa hell. One day you'll have to take us on the highway and show us what she really got.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by ShaunDRZ
yeah! Always gotta have the Balt lookin good for PPP. First LNF sedan I've ever seen irl and it looks some good and pulls like a bat outa hell. One day you'll have to take us on the highway and show us what she really got.
I'd like to see it run your car from a roll

Also.....

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Sedan Turbo on Kijiji

http://belleville.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ598565557

1 of 41
Old 06-01-2014, 10:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry guys, know I said I'd come out but the timing didn't work out. I'll be in Montreal next weekend but if the weather is nice the weekend after that I'll come out if anybody else is going to be there!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been pretty busy lately and haven't been on here too often but it would be nice to meet up at PPP some time. I saw two Cobalt SS's on the 102, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Both were around 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. and close to the airport.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by theamericanautos
I have been pretty busy lately and haven't been on here too often but it would be nice to meet up at PPP some time. I saw two Cobalt SS's on the 102, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Both were around 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. and close to the airport.
Still in the Boss?
Old 06-04-2014, 07:03 AM

it would be good to see you again Mike!

we can probably hook up a highway pull sometime.

that white sedan is nice but 160k yikes :/ lol
Old 06-04-2014, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by nobody2u
Still in the Boss?
yes sir

it would be good to see you again Mike!

we can probably hook up a highway pull sometime.

that white sedan is nice but 160k yikes :/ lol
yea and you guys can meet Matthew! If I can convince the wife to come to a meet lol

yea, the would be fun. I still have no baby seat mod in the Mustang though so you might still have the advantage haha
Old 06-04-2014, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey any1 in truro? Or just Hali?
Old 06-04-2014, 09:06 AM

yes sir

yea and you guys can meet Matthew! If I can convince the wife to come to a meet lol

yea, the would be fun. I still have no baby seat mod in the Mustang though so you might still have the advantage haha
haha sorry Mike i meant Shaun's SS/SC. your mustang would most likely pull my balt from a highway roll babyseat or not haha.

it'd be cool to meet your little guy. i have a third due in a few months. gonna need more baby seats haha
Old 06-05-2014, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by COBALTace
Hey any1 in truro? Or just Hali?
I think we're all in HRM besides a couple of guys in Windsor but there could be a couple of guys from Truro lurking lol. If you're coming to Hali for a weekend, post on here a few days ahead and you can probably get a meet going.

haha sorry Mike i meant Shaun's SS/SC. your mustang would most likely pull my balt from a highway roll babyseat or not haha.

it'd be cool to meet your little guy. i have a third due in a few months. gonna need more baby seats haha
oh okay no worries haha. yea, but it would still be a fun run. I would be curious to see how much quicker.

congrats guys! do you know if it's a boy or a girl?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:44 AM

Me and @canadia will be at PPP Sunday and hes gunna bring his Balt hopefully. I believe its almost done! Will be looking forward to seeing all the Balts!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:34 PM

I think we're all in HRM besides a couple of guys in Windsor but there could be a couple of guys from Truro lurking lol. If you're coming to Hali for a weekend, post on here a few days ahead and you can probably get a meet going.

oh okay no worries haha. yea, but it would still be a fun run. I would be curious to see how much quicker.

congrats guys! do you know if it's a boy or a girl?
yes it owuld be interesting! we have no idea. we leave it a surprise everytime
Old 06-07-2014, 08:34 PM

Saw two Cobalt SS's yesterday. One in the morning just after 9:00 on Chebucto Rd, silver, wingless, TC. Another on Joseph Howe around 1:00 p.m., blue, S/C.

yes it owuld be interesting! we have no idea. we leave it a surprise everytime
oh that's good. we wanted to do the same at first but couldn't wait lol.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:26 PM

So I got offered $4300 for my car last night.. Tempting...

Going to look at this tomorrow, lives just down the road from me. I wouldn't pay anything over 6.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Coupe on Kijiji http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ597297013

But....

Turbo charged Colbalt SS !!!!! on Kijiji http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ598713834

The obvious choice is scoop up that lnf but very hesitant, because my job is contract based and it's month to month right now, aka they're dicking my company around. If I knew I was keeping this job then I feel like I'd go for the bigger loan. that's looking at a 6-7k loan vs 0 loan.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Canadia
So I got offered $4300 for my car last night.. Tempting...

Going to look at this tomorrow, lives just down the road from me. I wouldn't pay anything over 6.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Coupe on Kijiji 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Coupe | cars & trucks | Dartmouth | Kijiji

But....

Turbo charged Colbalt SS !!!!! on Kijiji Turbo charged Colbalt SS !!!!! | cars & trucks | City of Halifax | Kijiji

The obvious choice is scoop up that lnf but very hesitant, because my job is contract based and it's month to month right now, aka they're dicking my company around. If I knew I was keeping this job then I feel like I'd go for the bigger loan. that's looking at a 6-7k loan vs 0 loan.
How was the test drive? I test drove both and ended up buying an LNF even though, at the time, I could only comfortably afford an LSJ. My advice would be NOT to test drive the LNF until you know for sure that you are willing and comfortably able to pay the premium lol. You can slowly modify an LSJ to be better than an LNF unless you don't want to modify too much especially because it won't add to the value (won't get your money back when/if you sell).
Old 06-09-2014, 10:54 PM

It went alright, I ended up taking out ButtTC's lnf as well.

The lsj had a weird ticking/scratching/rattling noise on the initial cold start. After 5 minutes of driving it went away, have no idea what that was.

First gear wheel hopped like crazy, never felt that before, breaking traction all through first, boosted to about 80 kpa on full load. It needs a new sway bar he he said, needs a new front window it's cracked bad, and the front lip is cracked and hanging on one side. Wasn't very quick either :/

ButtTC's was frigging IMMACULATE, not a single scratch or imperfection on the thing. Took it for a little cautious drive, never really put it to the floor but it pulled 10x harder than the stock lsj.

But 12,500 for 160xxxkm on a 09 that hasn't had the engine replaced... Idk. I don't know if it was in the build dates that were affected or not by the porous block ****. Beautiful car though.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Canadia
It went alright, I ended up taking out ButtTC's lnf as well.

The lsj had a weird ticking/scratching/rattling noise on the initial cold start. After 5 minutes of driving it went away, have no idea what that was.
I
First gear wheel hopped like crazy, never felt that before, breaking traction all through first, boosted to about 80 kpa on full load. It needs a new sway bar he he said, needs a new front window it's cracked bad, and the front lip is cracked and hanging on one side. Wasn't very quick either :/

ButtTC's was frigging IMMACULATE, not a single scratch or imperfection on the thing. Took it for a little cautious drive, never really put it to the floor but it pulled 10x harder than the stock lsj.

But 12,500 for 160xxxkm on a 09 that hasn't had the engine replaced... Idk. I don't know if it was in the build dates that were affected or not by the porous block ****. Beautiful car though.

At 160,000 no matter its build date I would say it is a safe to that it probably won't and doesn't have a porous block. As discussed before. Porous blocks obviously do happen to some Lnf's. But it is not nearly as often or common as some people think. I'm sure the particular topic in question would be totally fine. However i wouldn't pay $12,500 for an lnf with that high of milage. Flawless or not... my 09 SS/TC is flawless also. And only has 80,000 km. Well 80,120 ish. It is also gms1 and I doubt I could get 12,500 for it. Its just to high. Maybe more like 10,000.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:16 AM

Butt's car is well taken care of i can vouch for that because he is a friend of mine and works with me.

quick silver is right.. if it hasn't gone at 160k yet it's not going to. porous block would have happened a long time ago.

hey quick silver i think i saw you on windsor street this morning.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:15 PM

Spotted silver SS with highrise on the circ and headed towards Bedford, and driving like a grandma. I was in my work's beater impala though.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:01 PM

Me and @canadia spotted a blue 07 ss/sc yesterday in the passage parked in a driveway so we went in for a closer look and the owner came out she was a woman in about her 50s and looked at us like we were gunna steal her car and light her house on fire. Began talkin to her about her car and she didn't know very much about it beside "all stock" also said a hells angel biker tried to steal her rim too just 1. Got all the lugs off but left the rim. Asked her if its all stock and if she had the LSD tranny and she had no idea what we were talking about. Said she had a low rise spoiler because she had a pioneer sound system. Also she started to tell us you can get them chipped and it adds 40+ hp. Said the way hers goes she think its chipped. Some people just should not own a cobalt if they don't know what it is.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:10 AM

Anyone here going to ppp tonight? If so ill be there. Just look for a blue cruze with gold wheels. Dont be afraid to come and say hi.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:18 AM

Car is for sale folks!

Very Rare 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Sedan | cars & trucks | City of Halifax | Kijiji

*waits for Canadia to chime in with his offer* haha

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 07-01-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Spotted Thread: Maritime Edition