Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

2014 Spotted Thread: Maritime Edition

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ceeker
Well hello!!!
Still driving the boosted 2.4?
Old 07-16-2014, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Canadia
Me and @shaunDRZ talked to the owner of a red lsj with a half cracked off front lip and black PAINTED on eyelids. Some memorable quotes from him were

"cams and pistons" "idles perfect" "28psi" "upgraded 3.1 pulley" (looked 100% stock)
"Yeah it was dyno'd at 310whp"

:facepalm:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a tard!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nobody2u
Still driving the boosted 2.4?
yes sir! and hello!

just actually got it out of storage a month ago. I still troll the 102 from exit 0 to about waverly and loop back to HRM on a semi-regular/daily/nightly basis. its my bread and butter cicrcuit for when Im out looking for races. roundabout on larry utreck is allways fun in 2nd/3rd

last monday, i had fun with a older STI (not sure if wrx), and a cayenne (not sure if it was turbo) and a blinged out (wheels and HID) 300. Which was trying oh so very hard to pass me lol (he mad), and had a nice pull with a very loud harley on dunbrack clayton park at 2am, did about 160kph. he looked like a mean mugger lol. prolly been in prison. wonder if he was a bachus gang member lol

these luxury SUV guys i've been seeing more of lately, acura MDX/X3 etc they are SO easy to bait lol. They're like my new sackville fartcan hondas :P

had a guy on a sports bike give me a thumbs up when he tried to pass on magazine hill lol. bike guys never expect it lol.

i''ve been debating selling my balt, but the only reason would be because i just want something different. and, i know whatever kid buys it is gonna wreck it lol.

Its very fast and unassuming. and still great fun. I'm debating dropping my drivetrain in a biege 4dr cobalt, just for even more troll. it be a fun project to do over the summer. I still want to move my exhaust back a foot or two to hide it under the body and get a 2.2 1.5 inch exhaust as dummy on the last hanger

That or buying a dedicated RWD track car, prolly an older gen mustang GT, that me and the Mrs can take to AMP once a month or w/e. but first i need to teach her stick shift lol. Im also in the need of a more suitable car for my business, /mortgage so mods for the balt are not a priority atm.

we should all meet up in PPP one night! maybe this sunday
Old 07-16-2014, 08:38 PM

No plans to sell the car in the forseeable future, but the plan is to soon start adding another car or two as I'm about to graduate University. I bet those tires will be kick ass.
yes sir! everyone swears by them.

What cars do you have in mind? Performance or something for work?
Old 07-16-2014, 08:48 PM

yes sir! and hello!

just actually got it out of storage a month ago. I still troll the 102 from exit 0 to about waverly and loop back to HRM on a semi-regular/daily/nightly basis. its my bread and butter cicrcuit for when Im out looking for races. roundabout on larry utreck is allways fun in 2nd/3rd

last monday, i had fun with a older STI (not sure if wrx), and a cayenne (not sure if it was turbo) and a blinged out (wheels and HID) 300. Which was trying oh so very hard to pass me lol (he mad), and had a nice pull with a very loud harley on dunbrack clayton park at 2am, did about 160kph. he looked like a mean mugger lol. prolly been in prison. wonder if he was a bachus gang member lol

these luxury SUV guys i've been seeing more of lately, acura MDX/X3 etc they are SO easy to bait lol. They're like my new sackville fartcan hondas :P

had a guy on a sports bike give me a thumbs up when he tried to pass on magazine hill lol. bike guys never expect it lol.

i''ve been debating selling my balt, but the only reason would be because i just want something different. and, i know whatever kid buys it is gonna wreck it lol.

Its very fast and unassuming. and still great fun. I'm debating dropping my drivetrain in a biege 4dr cobalt, just for even more troll. it be a fun project to do over the summer. I still want to move my exhaust back a foot or two to hide it under the body and get a 2.2 1.5 inch exhaust as dummy on the last hanger

That or buying a dedicated RWD track car, prolly an older gen mustang GT, that me and the Mrs can take to AMP once a month or w/e. but first i need to teach her stick shift lol. Im also in the need of a more suitable car for my business, /mortgage so mods for the balt are not a priority atm.

we should all meet up in PPP one night! maybe this sunday
An older gen Mustang GT is a great platform to start with, a lot of aftermarket support. If you can grab a first year S197, it would be great. I don't know if there are known issues with the first year but I always hear from older Mustang guys about how much better the S197 chassis is. Good luck!

A PPP meet would be great. I haven't been to one since last summer. I don't know about this Sunday as I'm really busy the next two weekends. If I can't make it, hopefully I can make it the next time. Maybe Chris will have his GN by then!
Old 07-16-2014, 09:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by theamericanautos
An older gen Mustang GT is a great platform to start with, a lot of aftermarket support. If you can grab a first year S197, it would be great. I don't know if there are known issues with the first year but I always hear from older Mustang guys about how much better the S197 chassis is. Good luck! A PPP meet would be great. I haven't been to one since last summer. I don't know about this Sunday as I'm really busy the next two weekends. If I can't make it, hopefully I can make it the next time. Maybe Chris will have his GN by then!
me and @canadia usually go to ppp every Sunday but I'm looking to buy a lnf in the upcoming weeks. Just gotta work my ass off for the next 2 weeks to have enough. Than I'll be more than happy to show up
Old 07-16-2014, 09:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
haha good to see you're still around ceeker!

Mike: no GN yet! only trade offers on the balt. no offers :/

im sailing for the rest of the summer and then deploying again in the winter. hope to save a good chunk of money.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:51 AM

yes sir! everyone swears by them.

What cars do you have in mind? Performance or something for work?
I'd love to get my hands on a Turbo Supra and dumb all kinds of money into it. I'd probably be importing one should I pull the trigger.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:58 PM

OMG GUESS WHAT !! Getting an 05 SS/SC either next week or week after. Going to look at it tomorrow
Old 07-17-2014, 08:14 PM

I'd love to get my hands on a Turbo Supra and dumb all kinds of money into it. I'd probably be importing one should I pull the trigger.
Why imported? Are there changes made to the drivetrain/suspension in the North American model or you can find them in better condition?

Originally Posted by COBALTace
OMG GUESS WHAT !! Getting an 05 SS/SC either next week or week after. Going to look at it tomorrow
I hope it's clean. congrats may be in order!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 PM

Why imported? Are there changes made to the drivetrain/suspension in the North American model or you can find them in better condition?

Is it ever clean! Not a single scratch or dent, rust, nothing; the interior is a little dirty and so is the outside...only thing that isn't so great is that it has 149xxxKMs . But what the heck should be fun. It was repo-ed cause dude no pay dem bills. It's black with stock everything so a great platform for anything...thinking about upgrading pulleys, intake system, fuel, exhaust, sound for SURE, and maybe a tune.

http://puu.sh/ag5Ty/dc89cda34d.jpg
http://puu.sh/ag5VF/389684b7af.jpg

Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 PM

Left hand drive ones are rare, especially in Canada and it is next to impossible to find one that's in good condition and or isn't molested for a reasonable price. You get a lot more for your money by importing- the downside is that you have to buy the car based on pictures and data reports. That being said, it is a Toyota and the 2JZ-GTE is known to be a very reliable motor. Plus I think owning a right hand drive car would be a neat experience. Also I'm not totally set on this idea- I just want a tuner car that I can do A LOT to. The Cobalt is great and I love it to death and plan to keep it along side my next car, but it's limited by its front wheel drive platform. I had originally wanted a 13b Rx7 but I don't think I'm a good enough backyard mechanic to own one, and I thought about an R34 GT-R, but they are outrageously expensive (30-40k).

The left hand drive models are actually slightly superior to the Japanese models- things like injector size, turbos, brakes are all slightly better on the USDM spec ones, which made about 320 horsepower while the JDM one made about 280. Just about everything that is inferior though, I'll be replacing so it doesn't really matter much. Also, they don't salt their roads in Japan- so I shouldn't have to worry about rust quite as much.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:08 AM

Hey Guys the car is still for sale. Currently has 144000 on it, all highway I used to live in Berwick and drive to work in the city. Thanks to Canadia for the shout out the car is pretty mint and has been babied. Price has gone down first 10k takes it.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:07 PM

Left hand drive ones are rare, especially in Canada and it is next to impossible to find one that's in good condition and or isn't molested for a reasonable price. You get a lot more for your money by importing- the downside is that you have to buy the car based on pictures and data reports. That being said, it is a Toyota and the 2JZ-GTE is known to be a very reliable motor. Plus I think owning a right hand drive car would be a neat experience. Also I'm not totally set on this idea- I just want a tuner car that I can do A LOT to. The Cobalt is great and I love it to death and plan to keep it along side my next car, but it's limited by its front wheel drive platform. I had originally wanted a 13b Rx7 but I don't think I'm a good enough backyard mechanic to own one, and I thought about an R34 GT-R, but they are outrageously expensive (30-40k).

The left hand drive models are actually slightly superior to the Japanese models- things like injector size, turbos, brakes are all slightly better on the USDM spec ones, which made about 320 horsepower while the JDM one made about 280. Just about everything that is inferior though, I'll be replacing so it doesn't really matter much. Also, they don't salt their roads in Japan- so I shouldn't have to worry about rust quite as much.

your only a credit line away! i was debating finding a solstice/sky/ats/speedster on the cheap and dropping my 2.4 in it lol. GM parts are very friendly for swapping.

I wanted to do right hand drive as well. but i figured it would get annoying for DD, prolly lots of nosing into an intersection to turn right at red, could make merging on highways interesting, cobalt is small and low enough to have sight blocked from all the full size pickups and mom-car suv's around as it is. low, RHD car could get old fast methinks.

plus, without a doubt any car thats being imported across the ocean.... you know whoever loaded it up / sold it last had some last minute fun on it... budget for a new clutch.

in terms of $$:HP and RWD, i don't think anything can compare to a used corvette. C5 z06s are like 20k now. or get an ancient c4 and drop a factory 6.2 in it? LS rx7?
few hundred a month on a loan? but you'd have to be part of the midlife crisis fat-old-white-guy-hanging-on-to-what-shreds-of-testosterone-they-have-left, car culture.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:56 PM

sold my balt the other day to someone who lives in lower sackville, yellow sc coupe white wheels.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:25 PM

your only a credit line away! i was debating finding a solstice/sky/ats/speedster on the cheap and dropping my 2.4 in it lol. GM parts are very friendly for swapping.

I wanted to do right hand drive as well. but i figured it would get annoying for DD, prolly lots of nosing into an intersection to turn right at red, could make merging on highways interesting, cobalt is small and low enough to have sight blocked from all the full size pickups and mom-car suv's around as it is. low, RHD car could get old fast methinks.

plus, without a doubt any car thats being imported across the ocean.... you know whoever loaded it up / sold it last had some last minute fun on it... budget for a new clutch.

in terms of $$:HP and RWD, i don't think anything can compare to a used corvette. C5 z06s are like 20k now. or get an ancient c4 and drop a factory 6.2 in it? LS rx7?
few hundred a month on a loan? but you'd have to be part of the midlife crisis fat-old-white-guy-hanging-on-to-what-shreds-of-testosterone-they-have-left, car culture.
Haha I plan to pay the majority of it in cash, but we'll see. And yeah there's always that chance that someone does that, but I would hope there would be some level of maturity among the employees. But yeah a C5z would make a nice pickup for sure .
Old 07-20-2014, 08:38 AM

Anyone going to ppp tonight?
Old 07-20-2014, 08:46 AM

depends how the car starts and drives today ........ / how many others want to make an appearance
Old 07-20-2014, 09:16 AM

I might be able to make it if you folks are going a bit later. Won't be able I make it for 5 I doubt.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
haha good to see you're still around ceeker!

Mike: no GN yet! only trade offers on the balt. no offers :/

im sailing for the rest of the summer and then deploying again in the winter. hope to save a good chunk of money.
Oh that sucks. Hope you get a good offer soon.

Good luck out there and thank you for your service!

Wow, I think this is the first time that I've heard of a foreign car that gained power by coming to north america. Usually crash and emission requirements result in the opposite.

That is very true. The only thing to keep in mind is that I heard that older Corvettes can be a little hard to handle at the limit, although their limits are hard to reach. Take your time to learn if you end up in one. Other than that, don't worry about stereotypes. Mustang drivers have a bad stereotype but I don't care because I have an awesome car that I love to drive.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:35 PM

What time are you guys planning on going to PPP?
Old 07-20-2014, 02:29 PM

Doesn't matter too much to me. I could make it for about 6ish I think.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:31 AM

lol somebody sent me a picture tonight of my old car pulled over at PPP
Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 AM

Wow, I think this is the first time that I've heard of a foreign car that gained power by coming to north america. Usually crash and emission requirements result in the opposite.
This was during the time that Japanese manufacturers had the agreed upon 276 horsepower limit for their domestic market.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This was during the time that Japanese manufacturers had the agreed upon 276 horsepower limit for their domestic market.

Do you known if there is any restrictions for a new young driver buying and or driving a right hand car here in the hrm ? My step son is 17 and doesn't have his license yet. But he has some money saved up and wants to buy and import a right hand drive car from japan. Is he even able to drive one without having any experience with driving at all nor even*insure the car at all with the "N" on his licence and not even barely be able to drive a normal car on our area ?

Quick Reply: 2014 Spotted Thread: Maritime Edition