Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

east coast military

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
east coast military

to cobalt_daddy and anyone else that is in the military on the east coast. Whats the deal with shearwater, is that back under military control? What aircraft are there. Also what is there to do around greenwood?

Reason why i ask is cuz i just got told when i get back from my tour im going to HQ squadron in unit. For over 3 ******* years i been qualified driver, gunner and loader in the tanks and still havent been in a tank squadron. Been stuck in Recce the whole time, finally im out of recce and now im going to a even worse spot. I'm ******* sick of the bullshit with my unit so ill be putting in a transfer to the air force when i get back. With any luck ill get shearwater or greenwood as a posting.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by srt-10
to cobalt_daddy and anyone else that is in the military on the east coast. Whats the deal with shearwater, is that back under military control? What aircraft are there. Also what is there to do around greenwood?

Reason why i ask is cuz i just got told when i get back from my tour im going to HQ squadron in unit. For over 3 ******* years i been qualified driver, gunner and loader in the tanks and still havent been in a tank squadron. Been stuck in Recce the whole time, finally im out of recce and now im going to a even worse spot. I'm ******* sick of the bullshit with my unit so ill be putting in a transfer to the air force when i get back. With any luck ill get shearwater or greenwood as a posting.
well from what i seen shearwater still has military there, dexter who i work for we built a bunch of stuff for the helicopter buildings and so on, and i seen across the lake when i was working in dartmouth that they have the new seaking replacements there, pretty neat the new copters can land in the water, float, motor across the water like a boat and then take off
Old 12-24-2011, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would love a posting to shearwater but iiunno if it will happen. One of the trades im looking at (aircraft weapons tech) is mainly for the fighter squadrons....so cold lake, trenton and a few other places. But my other choice is aircraft mechanic, that could put me in shearwater or greenwood. I'll have to go to night school and upgrade my math though.