Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

Shout out to Atlantic Canada

Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shout out to Atlantic Canada

I would like to arrange an extra track day (or hopefully a weekend) at AMP, Shubenacadie, NS but it will only be feasible with enough interest. I hope to keep the cost at $200 or under (depending on how many people are interested) which includes a full day of lapping for people with lapping or solo licenses and some timing sessions at the end for people with solo licenses (with rewards for different achievements!). Most summer weekends are booked so it will most likely be in September.

If you're interested please PM me your address or email and I'll send an application once I have the final date(s) and the track booked. For those who are not familiar with the track, here's a link to the track's map on its website:

Atlantic Motorsport Park Official Website

Last edited by theamericanautos; 02-12-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 AM

If I had my license for doing that stuff I'd be there
Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
i'll get back to you eventually, i have to get the front pads changed first. and it will all depend on how busy the summer is. we sold our house and bought a new one. heated garage
Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
i'll get back to you eventually, i have to get the front pads changed first. and it will all depend on how busy the summer is. we sold our house and bought a new one. heated garage
that's great man, congrats! where did you move to?

it will be a lot of fun. I guarantee that you won't regret it if you can afford it.

Originally Posted by dxdean3
If I had my license for doing that stuff I'd be there
you should go and get the license! it's about $160 bucks for the driving school.

Last edited by theamericanautos; 02-16-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-16-2013, 10:29 AM

I have 3 people interested so far (4 including myself) and none of them are from this forum.

I'm not sure yet if I will have timing sessions because there are very few people that have solo licenses (as opposed to just lapping) so it may not be worth it for the extra insurance which is a shame.. if there's enough interest in timing sessions, the plan is to have cash awards for the top 3 fastest times of the day (or the weekend, if we get a whole weekend going)

1st prize will be equal to the cost of the event, whether it's under or over $200 - the event will end up costing nothing to you!
2nd prize will be half the cost of the event.
3rd prize will be 1/3 the cost of the event.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=theamericanautos;6931282]that's great man, congrats! where did you move to?

it will be a lot of fun. I guarantee that you won't regret it if you can afford it.

got a great offer on our house a few months after we took it off the market. found a new house right in windsor for a great deal.

gave up on finding an affordable house in the city. the price difference wouldn't be as good as we thought even if we are saving gas and commute time. and we're happy out there. you'll have to come by and see it sometime. i'm stoked! heated garage, new appliances included, custom blinds, air exchanger, generator hookup, central vac, lanscaped, hardwood, ceramic, 4 bedroom 2 bath. only 4 years old got it for 3/4 of what it's valued at. it still has a warranty
Old 02-16-2013, 02:03 PM

I'll have to see, moving to the city next month and during the work season I usually work Monday to saturday
Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 AM

If i have my license for racing bikes there does it count for cars too?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
got a great offer on our house a few months after we took it off the market. found a new house right in windsor for a great deal.

gave up on finding an affordable house in the city. the price difference wouldn't be as good as we thought even if we are saving gas and commute time. and we're happy out there. you'll have to come by and see it sometime. i'm stoked! heated garage, new appliances included, custom blinds, air exchanger, generator hookup, central vac, lanscaped, hardwood, ceramic, 4 bedroom 2 bath. only 4 years old got it for 3/4 of what it's valued at. it still has a warranty
wow that sounds like a great deal! we'll make sure to come visit. we are more open to a house outside the city too after looking at values in and outside the city. maybe we'll be neighbours next year haha.

Originally Posted by dxdean3
I'll have to see, moving to the city next month and during the work season I usually work Monday to saturday
sounds good, good luck.

Originally Posted by crasycowi
If i have my license for racing bikes there does it count for cars too?
I don't know to be honest but I doubt it does since the driving either at the limit is very different. here's the ARMS contact page: ARMS Contact Information James would be the one to contact.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 PM

I am tentatively interested in this for the summer, although i think i need some work done before car is track ready.

I have never raced on a track, or auto X, or drag before.......but why shouldn't i start!?

so i need a racing license? contact arms? point me in the right direction!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ceeker
I am tentatively interested in this for the summer, although i think i need some work done before car is track ready.

I have never raced on a track, or auto X, or drag before.......but why shouldn't i start!?

so i need a racing license? contact arms? point me in the right direction!
you got it, here's the link:

ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS • View topic - ASCC High Performance Driving School - May 18-19, 2013

it's $200 plus $30 for membership if you are not already a member (ARMS or ASCC member).

exactly, you gotta start somewhere. I started 2 years ago and it is an absolute blast. you don't need a racing license though - racing is the highest level license. there are 2 below - lapping and solo. lapping allows you to participate in track day events only and solo allows you to participate in track day and time attack, where you are allowed to time yourself which is considered to be some form of competition.

it's not looking good for this summer though because march is almost over and I still only have less than 5 people, myself included. it may have to be moved to next summer