Canadian North Pacific AK, British Columbia, Yukon [regional map]

Service at Flag Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service at Flag Chevrolet

So here's the story, taken from my other thread.

I took my car to GM 2 weeks ago to fix a map sensor issue (p0107) Everything seemed fine when I got my car back but on the drive home my CEL went on again. I checked it out and now it was a p0106 error, again related to the MAP sensor. So I called GM and they said they would get me back in, but never called my backed. I called them a few times but never had my calls returned.

So I went in today and told them to fix it. They had my car for 4 hours and then called me to say they couldn't figure out the problem. Here's the kicker, they tell me that my car is idling at 2500rpm and that there were 2 other codes from my CEL( for fuel trim levels). Neither of these were an issue when I brought it in, I checked the codes that morning and there was only just the one.

I told them that it hadn't been having these problems when I brought it in and they basically just told me I was lying and that those problems were there already. They tell me they can't fix this problem without talking to a tech at GM and that it would probably take 3-5 hours to diagnose it which I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR. I don't think it's fair for me to have to pay more just because they have never dealt with such a problem.
I was wondering if any of have been into this dealership and how you found there service department to be. I will personally NEVER return to this dealership for any service and would recommend none of you do either. For them to basically break my car and then tell me that I was lying and that I brought it in like that already is the worst possibly way of going about running any sort of customer service related business.

I have no idea what to do now, my only real option is to take it to another dealer which will hopefully be more helpful. I'm just worried about driving my car seeing as it idles at 1500rpm always so from a stop to first gear is going to kill my clutch quickly

/end of rant
Old 09-13-2010, 01:13 AM

Nathan told me to tell you to call him; he can help you out.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems like every person that works at a chevy dealership is mentally hollow, I called and asked if I could order and sched an appt for a GM Stage 2 supercharger kit "Said it fully and slowly" and the guy was like..uhh I don't think we sell that, so I had to tell him to talk to the tech (Corvettespirit on here) and he straightened him out haha
Old 09-13-2010, 02:04 AM

I have been there and I have mixed feelings about the dealership, there service manager seems like a bit of an ass. He saw I had a drop in K and N and he starts giving me the filter can void your warranty crap and how my headlight fogged up because there isn't a proper seal on it. ( Turns out the tech that reinstalled my new head light **** it up and now i have to go back this week)

They were cool about my rotors the few times i took it there more than likely cause my car is still under the bumper to bumper

Your best best is to go to dueck on marine drive, I haven't has a single issue there ever.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:32 AM

I said screw the dealers even when i still had full bumper to bumper, always had problems and wasn't worth the hassle, now i take my car to King George auto.....they are excellent and great service
Old 09-26-2010, 04:01 PM

yea they aren't the greatest, i did screw them pretty good though on my car. i was having what i thought to be timing chain issues in my car. They spent over $5000 putting new timing chain and bearings and balancers just to find out later......it was the water pump. So i got half a new motor for that, so i shall thank flag cheverolet for repairing my car for free
Old 09-27-2010, 12:37 AM

Ive gone to Carter GM in North Van a couple times and couldn't be more impressed
Old 09-27-2010, 12:49 AM
BCM

I took my car to one of the local dealers because my car was shaking really bad under acceleration, they told me it needed 2 new axles which they replaced under powertrain warranty, and I got it back leaking transmission fluid, taking it back in the morning.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:23 AM

Just an update for you guys:

I took my car to a mechanic (king George auto, which was great and I will be going back to them, thanks icemaid!) and they did some diagnostics and narrowed it down to needing a PCM reflash. So back to the dealer I had to go. This time I went to Preston Langley, which was a much better experience. They were able to get my car in right away, and after a hour they had my car back to perfect working order. I don't know why flag chev couldnt figure out this seemingly basic problem, especially because their so called 'techs' are supposed to be trained on these types of problems. My guess is that when they first had my car someone screwed up, couldn't figure out how to fix it, so decided to blame me. Anyway, I'm a much happier person now my car is running properly again.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:22 PM

Glad you finally got it fixed!!!

King George Auto is great, they don't make me feel like an idiot, let me watch what they are doing and explain everything to me so i know what steps to take to fix it. So i go to them to get it diagnosed, then if it is a warranty issue i will take it to a dealer, otherwise i let them fix everything else, have always had really good service there.