Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Canadian North Pacific (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-pacific-113/)
-   -   WCCM Location idea (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-pacific-113/wccm-location-idea-206964/)

_UnLiMiTeD_ 03-06-2010 11:28 PM

WCCM Location idea

So me and Robhole were talkin a bit and one place we think would be a great place to meet would be at mission raceway. First off mission has some nice back roads to cruise in for people interested in that, nice theatre, resteraunts and such. Also very close by to other big towns and cities to do other activities which can be discussed later on.

The mission raceway track also offers camping right on the property for only $20 for the weekend, with washrooms and hot showers available. And for people not interested in camping outside, there are a few motels/hotels nearby as well; here is a link for some nearby hotels and motels along with many resteraunts:
http://www.missionraceway.com/visitor_info.php

Now about mission raceway for the people who dont know much about it. Its an 8 time nhra division six track of the year, its at sea level so for those looking to beat their personal bests, this would be the track for it. Friday nights are the street legal events which are $30 for people that want to race their cobalt/g5 and $5 for spectating. Its split into different categories, sport compact, domestic, bikes and outlaw so you wont be put up against a 10 second mustang, unless you request a grudge match against a car in a different category which they do allow.

Also during the weekends when there are no special events planned, they have bracket racing which also has a sport compact series, so those interested can enter themselves into that. Here is the website for the mission raceway track so you can read more into it:
http://www.missionraceway.com/index.php

So for right now im just proposing the main meet location, other places to cruise and do other activities can be discussed once a specific location has been chosen. So please everyone chime in with your opinion on this proposal and any ideas you would like to add.

IMPORTANT NOTE: For those that have been very interested in seeing Rods cobalt dragster, the best chance to see it in person will be at mission raceway because its his local track.

kingg5 03-06-2010 11:45 PM

i vote mission...

turbaltss 03-07-2010 12:53 AM

Mission

Squintz 03-07-2010 12:54 AM

Mission or Ashcroft, doesn't matter. I have to drive 5ish hours (Legally. Weather I do it or not is a different story. :lol:).

RobHole 03-07-2010 01:18 AM

Mission sounds like an EXCELLENT idea! :)

_UnLiMiTeD_ 03-07-2010 01:18 AM

I can't even find any info on the Ashcroft track. I know the mission track is the main track used in bc for most big events and they do good track prep. Another added bonus of doing it at mission is I'm sure we can get some people from Washington to come meet since mission raceway isn't far from the us boarder. Make for even a bigger and better meet

outtamymind 03-07-2010 01:37 AM

well this is the site for ashcroft's race track which is actually located in cache creek.

http://www.eaglemotorplex.com/contacts/contacts.htm

to me it doesn't matter just mission wants $2500 for both tracks to be prepped.

_UnLiMiTeD_ 03-07-2010 01:44 AM

That's if we rented the track just for us, why rent a whole track for 40-50 cobalts? Not even all of them
will race. Almost every Friday night they have street legals open. Vw club has their huge meets with well over 150 cars every year during street legal events.

outtamymind 03-07-2010 01:58 AM

ya this is what rod pm'd me about what mission said to him

"Weekends don't work as they are all booked up between the dragstrip and road racing (the straight away for road racing is the shutdown for the drag strip, stupid I know.

The cost isn't cheap even for a weekday (Friday's are booked) $2,000. for 1 lane (prepped) or $2,500. for both lanes (prepped) and they have a maximum of 10 cars I told the woman that this could turn out to be a large meet if my car is unveiled there.

Her suggestion was to go in as a pre-arranged group on one of the Street Legal nights (Friday) and then we get out own area (pit) and are called up together. This is cheaper as we would only have to pay the entry fees."

_UnLiMiTeD_ 03-07-2010 02:02 AM

Yea that's what the VW club does, choose a Friday night street legal to go to, have their own area to park and u don't have to pay out the ass to have the track prepped because it already is for the night. That's what I suggest we do, if VW can pull it off with a couple hundred cars I'm sure we can do it with 40-50 lol.

That way we can also camp out there for the night as well

outtamymind 03-07-2010 02:04 AM

ya that works for me. then nobody has to pay any registration fee as its a pay at the gate type deal.

_UnLiMiTeD_ 03-07-2010 02:16 AM

Yup exacly, we will wait for some more people from alberta and saskatchewan to chime in on this before making anythig official but this seems to be a good location because I'm sure we can get a handfull of Washington people to show up as well if it's at mission

outtamymind 03-07-2010 03:04 PM

ya i do believe one or 2 have already registered on the wccm site

bigrroberto 03-07-2010 06:27 PM

do we even have a date yet?

outtamymind 03-07-2010 07:12 PM

we should have a date this week.

_UnLiMiTeD_ 03-07-2010 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by bigrroberto (Post 4745739)
do we even have a date yet?

Kind of hard to decide a date without an actual location...

fullmetaljacket 03-08-2010 12:24 AM

mission ftw!!!!

eurochevy 03-08-2010 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by RobHole (Post 4744672)
Mission sounds like an EXCELLENT idea! :)

this man is biased :lol:...although mission does have the best track

Lino 03-08-2010 11:33 AM

I'm good for either place. I agree that if it is at mission we should go on a street legal night. Been to a annual Supra meet on a street legal night. 40-50 cars, get our own call, went great. Except for a couple Mustang crashes that limited our runs.

outtamymind 03-08-2010 12:37 PM

how is the kootenay pass in the summer time. i know its not the greatest in the winter time (me and my brother had a bad experience lol. lets just say life flashed before eyes lol). if its good in the summer time then mission would be easier for us albertans to get to from going highway 3

AbbyBalt 03-08-2010 05:41 PM

Mission is good

_UnLiMiTeD_ 03-08-2010 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by outtamymind (Post 4747222)
how is the kootenay pass in the summer time. i know its not the greatest in the winter time (me and my brother had a bad experience lol. lets just say life flashed before eyes lol). if its good in the summer time then mission would be easier for us albertans to get to from going highway 3

during the summer its usually fine.

outtamymind 03-08-2010 10:21 PM

good. cuz thats the quickest way and i don't know about the summer but i know in the winter other then the crappy roads its quite a gorgeous drive

RobHole 03-09-2010 12:08 AM

All of the highways in the summertime in BC are all hot weather... nothing to worry about at all.

outtamymind 03-09-2010 12:10 AM

that is really good news to hear