Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:59 PM
TTR Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!

First Off.

I Want To Thank Turbo Tech Racing Once Again For All The Help On My LNF Build . And Also For The GREAT Customer Service and 110% Customer Satisfaction.

6 Months Ago, Turbo Tech Racing Made A Prototype LNF Intake Manifold, With The Help Of Tuner/Designer James Rakes (ccss3)

Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold
(Note, TTR Prototype Manifold, Production Models will be Cleaner)

Name:  Picture022.jpg
Views: 1828
Size:  206.4 KB
Name:  Picture021.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  169.2 KB
Name:  Picture020.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  218.5 KB

Basically, James Rakes & TTR Engineering Designed The Manifold For Equal Flow which Is Why The Manifold Is Designed "Awkwardly". The Angle Of The Sides Is Also To Keep Airflow To Not Expand The Plenum. It Has More Flow Then The Stock Intake Manifold As Well. This Manifold And Proved To Hold 31-32lbs Without Issues And Will Hold Plenty More. The Runners Are Designed With Minimal Overlap Or Unequal Clearances. It Fits Perfectly To The Head Without Any Issues.

(Note, The Runners Can Be Ordered With Fuel Bosses For Secondary Fueling. Or You Can Tap For Meth Injection.)

Tuning Purposes, James (ccss3) Was Able To Get 18* Timing On My Car (Team SS) At 29lbs To See How Far He Could Go. On The Stock Intake 15*-16* Was All. Differences In The Logs Were 1-2 More VE Due To The Extra Airflow With Minimal If Any Uneven Air Or Non Direct Airflow. Maf lbs Varied But Usually Averaged 1lbs Difference.
James (ccss3) Could Have Went All Out, But To Show Results From Where The Stock Manifold Differs From The TTR Manifold, The Timing And Everything Else Needed To Be Very Similar...

This Will Directly Bolt Up, With Few Adjustments To DI Fuel Line. And The Removel Of The "DI Pump Cover Bracket"

This Manifold Has Been Tested For 6 Months And 5k+ Miles Without Any Issues or Problems.

Turbo Tech Racing Has Done What No Other Company Has Ever Done Before. They Have Built The Perfect Intake Manifold For The LNF Cobalts!!

This New Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold Allowed The 400Whp Mark To Be Surpassed With The BNR 2871 Turbo. This Is The First BNR 2871 Turbo We Know Of, That Was Able To Achieve 400Whp+ On Just 93 Octane Pump Gas.

Any BNR 2871 Cobalt That Was Able To Make / Surpass The 400Whp Mark. Was Done With One Of The Following Fuel Adders: E85, Meth Injection, Race Fuel, Etc)

Here Is The Dyno Sheet Of Stock Manifold Vs Turbo Tech Racing Manifold.
Name:  StockvsTTR.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  133.7 KB

As You Can See, With Just 93 Octane Pump Gas, 27Psi And 14* Timing.
There Is A 12Whp+ / 20Wtq+ Gain Over The Stock Manifold.

Performance Modifications For the Test Car:

Turbo Tech Racing LNF Manifold.
Revised BNR 2871 Turbo. (Stronger Wheels, Shaft, Seals)
K&N Short Ram Intake.
Injen Charge Piping.
TR12 Intercooler.
Maf Relocation Pipe (Cold side)
GMS1 Sensors
Comp Cams Stg 1 W/LFPL
#82 Springs W/ Retainers
Neutral Balance Shafts
Wiseco 86mm Pistons
4340 Connecting Rods
Tial Q 50mm Bov
Full 3" Exhaust With 3" Hahn Muffler (No Cats)
4.05 Transmission W/O LSD

HPTuned By CCSS3 (James)

Dyno Video Of The Turbo Tech Racing Manifold At Work

TTR LNF Intake Manifold Prototype Dyno Run - YouTube

Now All Gains Will Vary On The Turbo Setup Each Person Has. But Gains Are There To Be Made, No Matter What The Turbo Setup You Have!

Here Is Some Pictures Of The Turbo Tech Racing Manifold Installed On the Test Car.
(Note, This Is The TTR Prototype Manifold)

Name:  2012-05-26_16-43-45_210.jpg
Views: 2777
Size:  211.3 KB
Name:  2012-05-26_16-43-38_585.jpg
Views: 3208
Size:  198.0 KB
Name:  2012-05-26_16-43-31_538.jpg
Views: 1647
Size:  179.8 KB

My Personal Thoughts About The TTR Manifold.
Well, Thats Easy. I LOVE IT! From The Quality Of The Materials, To The Added / Gained HorsePower And Torque You ACTUALLY Feel In The Seat! For This To Be Just A Simple Bolt On, With That Amont Of Gained Whp/trq... I Could Not Ask For A Better Product.

Turbo Tech Racing Is The Only Company I Know Of That Would Actually Put Them Selfs Out There On Such A Complex Design/Build To Improve The Ecotec Platform Market For Us.. The Cobalt Community.

Aaron,
I'm Proud To Say.. I'm TTR POWERED! I'm Looking Forward To Doing More Projects With You.
And Thank You James (ccss3) For Helping TTR Design This Manifold. And Thanks For The Tuning Of This TTR Manifold. You Are The Best!

Thank You For The GREATEST LNF Product!

Last edited by Team SS; 10-19-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great review. 6 months of long testing low/ high boosts. No clearance issues, and the manifold worked amazing.... It held what I threw at it great... Testingwas done in 90+* heat and 50s as well..... This manifold is a great setup for weekend warriors to dd cars. There is a lot more to discuss so please ask questions. One thing, keep all this bull out of this thread. If there is a question ask it but do not slander me or anyone affiliated with this manifold.

Thank you
Old 10-19-2012, 09:13 PM
s.c
Looks Can Be Deceiving.

Very nice!!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:15 PM

good ole american ingenuity
Old 10-19-2012, 09:22 PM

Nice, I'm interested in this once I get some cams and valves springs as well... btw what kind of comp cams do you have?? I can't seem to find it on their site.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 PM
TTR Powered

Thanks James, We all three have come a long way to get here. And i am happy to have the Chance to work with both you and Aaron on this Amazing Manifold.

Like James Said. There is more to discuss on the manifold. So don't worry about if its a noob question or not.
Feel Free to ask anything about it.

And Please. NO SLANDER/TROLLING

Thank You

Originally Posted by Fastgti69
Nice, I'm interested in this once I get some cams and valves springs as well... btw what kind of comp cams do you have?? I can't seem to find it on their site.
Sweet!

The Cams are the ZZP Stg 1 Comp Cams.

Last edited by Team SS; 10-19-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 PM

When is it going to be available to purchase?
Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
First off… Thank you Richard and James, for allowing us the opportunity to also work with you on this project! It has been a long 6 months of design, test, and review, but we succeeded!

When we went into this project we wanted to develop a better flowing, direct fit intake manifold for the LNF; and we did just that. This manifold is a direct bolt on using factory location hookups and throttle body location. Minor re routing of lines and hoses is the only thing it takes (as shown in the above photos).

From our swap out from the factory manifold to the TTR sheet metal manifold, it only took approx 30-45 minutes. Amazing! There is nothing hard about this install. As with all our other products, we will be including a step by step install guide, in color, with photos, to assist in the install. These manifolds are in production already and we will have some ready to ship in approximately 3 weeks.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 PM

Sub'd
Old 10-19-2012, 09:29 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
First off… Thank you Richard and James, for allowing us the opportunity to also work with you on this project! It has been a long 6 months of design, test, and review, but we succeeded!

When we went into this project we wanted to develop a better flowing, direct fit intake manifold for the LNF; and we did just that. This manifold is a direct bolt on using factory location hookups and throttle body location. Minor re routing of lines and hoses is the only thing it takes (as shown in the above photos).

From our swap out from the factory manifold to the TTR sheet metal manifold, it only took approx 30-45 minutes. Amazing! There is nothing hard about this install. As with all our other products, we will be including a step by step install guide, in color, with photos, to assist in the install. These manifolds are in production already and we will have some ready to ship in approximately 3 weeks.

Yes we did. And not only just us, but the Community itself.

Can't wait to see other LNF Owners happy with this AMAZING PRODUCT!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bunga56
When is it going to be available to purchase?
We should have at least 10 to ready in 3 weeks, with many more shortly after. We have 25 in process as we speak. Takes about 3 hours to TIG weld each one up, so 10 manifolds is 1 basically an employee all week long just welding these up! (That does not include the many hours of cnc machining the piece parts)

We will do our best to have little or no wait on these. We didn't want a release thread, with a long wait until they started to actually ship.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't seem worth it for a dd car with the loss of low and mid range?
Old 10-19-2012, 09:47 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by C_A_D88
Doesn't seem worth it for a dd car with the loss of low and mid range?

No Loss at all. Its been on my car for 6 months, and i dont feel any loss of power or mpg.

I drive mine everyday to work. and actually picked up a few more MPG (2-3) then the stock one.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Banned

The dyno differences on ttr vs stock was stock had 28/29lbs and 15*
Ttr had 27 and 14* . If we did te same boost and timing power would have been more. There was also ramp in the ttr. The reasoning for the differences is the tune was based on a dd type setup... Dd. if I wanted to create a race file I could have but we decided that the differences would be dramatically different... Which after te dyno that's what would happen. I had te talk for several hours with team as about this and it was on honestly the best route. If I went all out power would have been a good amount more and that would just be " dyno queen numbers" not actual drivability numbers.....

Last edited by Chevycobaltss3; 10-19-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Just letting people know, my typing is pooh because I'm using my phone with tiny letters lol.. Sorry
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
The dyno differences on ttr vs stock was stock had 28/29lbs and 15*
Ttr had 27 and 14* . If we did te same boost and timing power would have been more. There was also ramp in the ttr. The reasoning for the differences is the tune was based on a dd type setup... Dd. if I wanted to create a race file I could have but we decided that the differences would be dramatically different... Which after te dyno that's what would happen. I had te talk for several hours with team as about this and it was on honestly the best route. If I went all out power would have been a good amount more and that would just be " dyno queen numbers" not actual drivability numbers.....
Basically the original tune with the stock manifold setup, was tuned out a bit more aggressive than the TTR Manifold/tune. Even with the TTR Manifold and the more conservative tune, it still produced a good amount of gain over stock. Apples to apples would have shown even more gain IMO.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think I saw the one thing everyone wants to know.

How much $
Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
I don't think I saw the one thing everyone wants to know.

How much $
Good question... Not 100% sure yet, working on final production cost yet, however we will give the forum an idea...

Our current 2.2/2.4/2.0L (LSJ) intake manifold:

Turbo Tech Racing Ecotec Cavalier/Cobalt/HHR/Ion Intake Manifold - ON SALE!

As you can see the above link ecotec manifold is much more simple and actually quite a bit smaller.

The LNF manifold is estimated to have a website price of $699.99, much less than most expected in a recent focus group poll.

However, we will most likely offer an intro price for the first few members for only $599.99, which is only $100 more than our much simpler manifold for the other ecotecs! We are trying to keep the price as low as possible.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Premium Member

I'll ask the other question I'm sure us sticklers for a nice looking engine bay are wanting to ask. Are the welds going to be cleaner?
Old 10-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by StruttinSoul
I'll ask the other question I'm sure us sticklers for a nice looking engine bay are wanting to ask. Are the welds going to be cleaner?
Yes, 2 things:

1. The above manifold as stated was a non production made. We tacked it together the manifold initially to verify clearnce in the engine bay. Then we went back and finished the welds. It is hard to TIG weld over a previous TIG weld clean. So yes, they will be much more uniform/clean. Strength should not be any issues as James/Richard tested at or above 27 PSI for many many miles already

2. We will be offering these powder coated in a large array of colors, for those that want it to stand out, or blend in/hide. This will be a small additional upgrade fee.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Premium Member

Looking forward to seeing the production piece then.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:12 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by StruttinSoul
Looking forward to seeing the production piece then.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Looking at the graph it does seem you lose hp and tq on the lower end.

and a 10 whp gain seems good, but the power is the same on the top end.

not bad for 700 bones..
Old 10-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Good question... Not 100% sure yet, working on final production cost yet, however we will give the forum an idea...

Our current 2.2/2.4/2.0L (LSJ) intake manifold:

Turbo Tech Racing Ecotec Cavalier/Cobalt/HHR/Ion Intake Manifold - ON SALE!

As you can see the above link ecotec manifold is much more simple and actually quite a bit smaller.

The LNF manifold is estimated to have a website price of $699.99, much less than most expected in a recent focus group poll.

However, we will most likely offer an intro price for the first few members for only $599.99, which is only $100 more than our much simpler manifold for the other ecotecs! We are trying to keep the price as low as possible.
Cool. Thanks Aaron.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dart_SI
Looking at the graph it does seem you lose hp and tq on the lower end.

and a 10 whp gain seems good, but the power is the same on the top end.
Zac read post #14 and #15 above. There were a couple items that caused this difference (boost #'s, timing, and ramp). Apples to apples you most likely would not have saw any loss/gain low end, but would have had a lot more gain top end with the extra VE flow.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 PM

Oh i see. A better dyno comparison needs to be made then or else others are going to come to the same conclusion.

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!