Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, the intake is awkward looking but the fow design is setup to make the flow less restrictive. It also helps with expansion with high boost.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM
TTR Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AaronJ
Ok. Sorry if I came off as attacking this product, I was just asking some really specific questions.

and hey, there are only two manifolds on the market right now: stock and yours. I'm sure this product will be quite popular.

That's a better answer. Thanks.

Very good questions :

Last edited by Team SS; 10-22-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:19 AM

Wonder how she does with the zfr
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobe
I am sure very well, if not better than bnr numbers!

I am sure many will have it very soon.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 AM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by Cobe

All Turbo Setups Will See Gains over the Factory Manifold

Gains will Depend on the Type of Tune File you run (DD, Mild, Race, Etc)
Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
You will see a power gain , but best gains come with a tune so the ECM doesn't have to compensate for the trim change..
J, Sorry for the multiples.

my gms1, K&n sri and catless DP are running at 1.56 LTFT.

My service manager told me specifically, and i quote `do whatever you want with your car, do not play in the head, turbo, internals or ecm, bolt on as much as you want, if they do not cause a problem they won`t cause a warranty problem.`

i am bumper to bumper until 2015.

With a gms1, K&N sri and DP, what can i expect power wise (roughly)? will it affect drivrability? what LTFTS can i expect (roughly)?

thank you, i am running out of bolt ons...with my injen charge pipes and intercooler on their way, i am pretty much done and looking for more.

Edit: i understand i may not be your target audience since i am not into tuning at this time, but i am sure with these questions validated and maybe a dyno sheet you could move a few more Units where service manager relationships allow.

Last edited by wol-shiver; 10-22-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: add
Old 10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Banned

Well you can have ltft of 0% and have some of 3-5% but have short term at -20 to +20 ... Your main focus shouldn't just be trims. Watch knock, along with temps...

This will bolt on directly, the flow changed 5+% easy with the manifold... So if the ECM learns your trims will unskew. You'll see better throttle response along with cooler air temps.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:13 PM

thank you,

My stfts go from -7 to plus 9 +-3% across the band.

i do not have access to watching my knock through laplogger...

what temps would i need to watch if i bought this? coolant and AIT? anything else?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned

You would see differences within the manifolds in iats. Get a interceptor, watch knock, timing advance, afr, iats, etc
Old 10-22-2012, 05:28 PM
TTR Powered

You would see differences within the manifolds in iats. Get a interceptor, watch knock, timing advance, afr, iats, etc

I Mainly Watch: IAT2 - AFR - KNOCK RETARD. Some times Timing Advance.

AeroForce Interceptor is a Great Tool for Safely.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Banned

Ttr ftw
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 PM
TTR Powered

Ttr ftw

Say it with PRIDE!!

TTR FTW!!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 10-22-2012, 11:26 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by alerosaint

A+ sir
Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM

was there any difference as far as flow with this manifold compared to a p&p stock manifold?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:17 AM

TTR,

I have a question for you. Since this was designed with a Cobalt in mind, do you think that on a Kappa(Sky/Solstice) there would be any clearance issues? Is there any way of testing this? Thanks
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by overboostedss
was there any difference as far as flow with this manifold compared to a p&p stock manifold?
We dont have a stock P&P to know, however by design, the stock one has no plenum, TTR Does. TTR has longer straight, equal length runners, stock does not.

Never has anyone has this type of gains we have, with a stock p&p manifold, so with the above reasons, I highly doubt it does flow to the level the TTR one offers.

Similar to the flow of the LSJ exhaust manifold VS a header. You can only improve so much with a port/polish manifold, header gets so much more.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 40rty
TTR,

I have a question for you. Since this was designed with a Cobalt in mind, do you think that on a Kappa(Sky/Solstice) there would be any clearance issues? Is there any way of testing this? Thanks
No idea, we never got into the Kapas. Do they use the same exact intake manifold? If so there is a good chance it would fit.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 PM

so heres where I have a lot of questions.

Almost everyone that I have read up on that has tried porting the stock intake mani to get more flow has had issues with it (partly due to blame from us being Direct Injection from what I hear, but thats about all I remember without reading back on everything) Hopefully someone can chime in on this

How/Why is this higher flowing TTR manifold safely any better than the guys that tried to just port the stock one? If higher flow numbers were something that were so important wouldnt the ported stock manifold work well?

whats the difference here that I'm not seeing? $700 is an extremely hefty penny for most members to want to pay (heck its almost half a zfr kit where gains would be through the roof in any comparison)
Old 10-23-2012, 12:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by padlock

Almost everyone that I have read up on that has tried porting the stock intake mani to get more flow has had issues with it (partly due to blame from us being Direct Injection from what I hear, but thats about all I remember without reading back on everything) Hopefully someone can chime in on this

How/Why is this higher flowing TTR manifold safely any better than the guys that tried to just port the stock one? If higher flow numbers were something that were so important wouldnt the ported stock manifold work well?

whats the difference here that I'm not seeing? $700 is an extremely hefty penny for most members to want to pay (heck its almost half a zfr kit where gains would be through the roof in any comparison)
I believe it was the porting and polishing of the intake runners in the head that was causing issues, specifically with getting rid of the "ridge" in there. I don't believe people have had issues with porting the IM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor

You are thinking of porting the cylider head... this is not a cylinder head...

Members have had good results with a ported intake manifold. Never have they got the gains that we have from our manifold, but they have seen some small gains. By us adding a large plenum, straight equal length runners, is where you see bigger gains.

Also compare our intake manifold and an exhaust system. Equal in price, however, the intake manifold offers a lot more HP/torque than an exhaust upgrade would do. Dollar per HP/torque is better.

Originally Posted by Stamina
I believe it was the porting and polishing of the intake runners in the head that was causing issues, specifically with getting rid of the "ridge" in there. I don't believe people have had issues with porting the IM.
You are right on sir.

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 10-23-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2012, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
You are thinking of porting the cylider head... this is not a cylinder head...

Members have had good results with a ported intake manifold. Never have they got the gains that we have from our manifold, but they have seen some small gains.

Also compare our intake manifold at an exhaust system. Equal in price, however, the intake manifold offers a lot more HP/torque than an exhaust upgrade would do. Dollar per HP/torque is better.
good to clear that up. It's been a while since I've read up on it so it couldve very well been head porting. It would be interesting comparing this to a ported Intake Mani to see the differences in not only power, but power-to-dollar as a port job would be much cheaper.. I'd like to continue seeing dyno testing to see what kind of numbers you get out of this either way though

in terms of full exhaust, well thats kind of a wash to compare the intake mani to that on the LNF.. the stock catback is more than sufficient on stock K04 so why people find it necessary to upgrade that and pay $500+ for it to upgrade that little amount from stock to 3" is beyond me (upgrade past the K04 then sure I could see a reason). All you really need is a downpipe where 90% of the restriction is to clear up the exhaust and you're set (and for what you can pick up used dp's for on here the bang for buck is WAYYY better, heck a new catless dp is dirt cheap really)

Last edited by padlock; 10-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor

good to clear that up. I'd like to continue seeing dyno testing to see what kind of numbers you get out of this

in terms of full exhaust, well thats kind of a wash to compare the intake mani to that on the LNF.. the stock catback is more than sufficient on stock K04 so why people find it necessary to upgrade that and pay $500+ for it to upgrade that little amount from stock to 3" is beyond me (upgrade past the K04 then sure I could see a reason). All you really need is a downpipe where 90% of the restriction is to clear up the exhaust and you're set (and for what you can pick up used dp's for on here the bang for buck is WAYYY better, heck a new catless dp is dirt cheap really)
Not sure your point are you agreeing to disagree on the exhaust? That is what we stated. Members spend $500-700 on an exhaust for less HP gains than this intake manifold offers. Calling an intake manifold and an exhaust a wash? Far from it... Price yes, performance no...

Also being you dont have a SS/TC... Why are you poking in here being negitive (price and tried to on performace stating it members have failed and we show gains) Then going on stating USED downpipes are cheap... I guess you are one member that makes companies think twice about making new products.

This product is something that adds a good amount of power on top of what many have already. People have downpipes already, exhaust already, intakes already, and want MORE... It allows members to make that next step up (just like james/richard hitting 400 hp on a bnr)... Never done before getting this extra help from the intake manifold.

Nick (BYT) has ported, gains were shown, yes, but NOTHING like these... Please step out of this thread if you are going to compare products to do it yourself products. This is a thread about a TTR intake manifold; you are just clustering it up with useless, incorrect information.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Also being you dont have a SS/TC... .
fail, guess you cant know everything though

I'm sorry that I'm looking for the best bang for my buck like I assure you that 95% of the rest of this site does. I have no issues with R&D for the platform and I dont have any issues with TTR has I have bought products from you in the past when i DID have a base model. Its a small market to try and shoot for with this product at its price point (especially for the loads of members like myself that demand cheap bolt-on power and wont ever see an upgraded turbo like you have posted in the dyno sheets) all the power to you if you can make a run at this. It would be a good comparison to use this on a stock K04 to see what can be had for numbers if you really want to impress the community with what this intake manifold can do, but I'm sure that will come in time

Last edited by padlock; 10-23-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor

Sounds like this product is not for you then. Thanks for looking!

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!