Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ryansalazan
THIS IS AWESOME!!!! When do they go on sale?! haha and I would assume a bigger throttle body being a 2.4l tb would still make some gains yes?
Im gonna guess yes since you letting more air in and this is what its all about more air and better flow. You probably would have to port the intake manifold to match the the larger throttle body tho.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aaron, I have 2 guys on the kappa side that would be interested if a 5th injector option can be done as well. 1.5" diameter hole above the throttle body on the top of the Plenum would be all that needs to be done.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
The thing about this intake plenum: no matter if stock turbo or not. There will be gains, due to the shape of the intake which helps keep airflow straight (0 to little turbulence) it also helps lower intake temps by actually being a plenum and equal length runners which also help engine combustion temps. You will see gains with it just being a bolt on. Gains could be drastic with a tune or drastic without. But the best results come with a tune.

No matter what there will be power gain with it on a gm stage 1 car. On a complete stock car with stock sensors there will be gains just not over the 260chp
Because of learn down right?
Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 AM
TTR Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alerosaint
Im gonna guess yes since you letting more air in and this is what its all about more air and better flow. You probably would have to port the intake manifold to match the the larger throttle body tho.

Bigger TB on the lnf isn't what you call a power gain, Maybe a little throttle responce.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Because of learn down right?
Correct.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Team SS
Read post #145 & #146
Ok, but that's what Padlock is saying, that post #145 & #146 are somewhat wrong because when the airflow has to take a 90 degree turn to enter the runners, there will be turbulence. Not to mention the boxy design. The stock intake manifold gets around this by not having a plenum and making the runners curve so that it doesn't make a sharp 90 degree turn.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bigger TB on the lnf isn't what you call a power gain, Maybe a little throttle responce.
The larger the TB, the worse the throttle response and control you will have. A larger TB should help flow more air though if your current TB isn't already oversized for the application. This stuff is elementary guys. A larger TB might be beneficial with TTR's intake manifold because now the bottle neck might be the TB and not the IM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AaronJ
Ok, but that's what Padlock is saying, that post #145 & #146 are somewhat wrong because when the airflow has to take a 90 degree turn to enter the runners, there will be turbulence. Not to mention the boxy design. The stock intake manifold gets around this by not having a plenum and making the runners curve so that it doesn't make a sharp 90 degree turn.
There are NO sharp corners for the air to turn in the TTR intake manifold. I guess you would have to touch our manifold to see this.

"The stock intake manifold gets around this by not having a plenum and making the runners curve so that it doesn't make a sharp 90 degree turn"

What are you smoking? (can I have some)? Since when is a "curve" not a "bend" lol... The TTR manifold has no bends compared to stock. The runners pull from the large open plenum, into a straight runner. The TTR manifold is a MUCH more straight flow of air design. 1 LARGE bend in the plenum on the TTR. Where as on the stock one it makes 2 sharp ones on 1 and 4 and 1 sharp one on 2 and 3.

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 10-25-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
There are NO sharp corners for the air to turn in the TTR intake manifold. I guess you would have to touch our manifold to see this.

"The stock intake manifold gets around this by not having a plenum and making the runners curve so that it doesn't make a sharp 90 degree turn"

What are you smoking? (can I have some)? Since when is a "curve" not a "bend" lol... The TTR manifold has no bends compared to stock. The runners pull from the large open plenum, into a straight runner. The TTR manifold is a MUCH more straight flow of air design. 1 LARGE bend in the plenum on the TTR. Where as on the stock one it makes 2 sharp ones on 1 and 4 and 1 sharp one on 2 and 3.

^This

Last edited by Team SS; 10-25-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor

Also those few members asking about a stock turbo setup, wanting it tested on a stock turbo; we notice those have 1 or 2 very basic performance mods and most likely NO tune. Maybe this mod is not for you? It will not have as much gains as the BNR, it will be scalled back some. EFR (larger turbos) will see more gains.

Maybe those questioning a stock turbo, need to sit back and wait for a member to purchase and dyno test to know if you are not ready to commit. Chances are their setup will not be exactly like yours and you will question it again. But life does go on.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Also those few members asking about a stock turbo setup, wanting it tested on a stock turbo; we notice those have 1 or 2 very basic performance mods. Maybe this mod is not for you? It will not have as much gains as the BNR, it will be scalled back some. EFR (larger turbos) will see more gains.

Maybe those questioning a stock turbo, need to sit back and wait for a member to purchase and dyno test to know if you are not ready to commit. Chances are their setup will not be exactly like yours and you will question it again. But life does go on.

I Agree.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Banned

The ttr manifold design if you look very close you'll notice the walls and where the runners are (top of the plenum) which makes the airflow straight through. If it were in the middle of plenum or bottom airflow would bounce around.. Now if this is used for a stock turbo you can still net gains. Not just in power but in daily driving mpg, throttle response, and more. Now onto the whp and wtq. This plenum was designed not to restrain flow but to let it flow better. In which it does, the fact I was able to give a couple more degrees of timing and made it leaner would net gains. Now power wise, it depends on how you go about the plenum. How the tune is set up
Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Banned

If a stock turbo guy gets a manifold let me know. Give me the info and ill work something out with him or her. Tuning wise
Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 PM
TTR Powered

i've seen a 3mpg increase over the stock manifold.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:22 PM

ok...Roger that!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:45 PM

To everyone that has doubts and keep asking questions that have already been answered quite a few times. Not everyone is going to have a answer 100% of the time i mean Honestly I doubt majority of you with stock turbos are even going to invest in this mod seeing as most only go for the most known or talked about mods anyway, The fact that it is stated the IM will shows gains regardless of ur turbo situations shouldnt lead to any of you bashing them for not having stock K04 available or pushing for them to show gains. you work with what you got, and honestly from someone who is turbo swapping it has me and maybe the others who have swapped eager to see what we can gain. How can you even get mad that they developed a product for a vehicle with limited production numbers?( they are taking a gamble and your negative statements or complaints may keep them from any future developments Its a good quality piece from what i am reading and very well priced. You have to pay to play if your going to get it , get it maybe it will convince you to turbo swap anyway. The Bnr is a gud even platform to start on not to much bigger then the stock K04 so why you bitchin if it was the other way around everyone would be complaining they didnt prove anything on turbo upgraded balts.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:16 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by Nfamous60
To everyone that has doubts and keep asking questions that have already been answered quite a few times. Not everyone is going to have a answer 100% of the time i mean Honestly I doubt majority of you with stock turbos are even going to invest in this mod seeing as most only go for the most known or talked about mods anyway, The fact that it is stated the IM will shows gains regardless of ur turbo situations shouldnt lead to any of you bashing them for not having stock K04 available or pushing for them to show gains. you work with what you got, and honestly from someone who is turbo swapping it has me and maybe the others who have swapped eager to see what we can gain. How can you even get mad that they developed a product for a vehicle with limited production numbers?( they are taking a gamble and your negative statements or complaints may keep them from any future developments Its a good quality piece from what i am reading and very well priced. You have to pay to play if your going to get it , get it maybe it will convince you to turbo swap anyway. The Bnr is a gud even platform to start on not to much bigger then the stock K04 so why you bitchin if it was the other way around everyone would be complaining they didnt prove anything on turbo upgraded balts.

Very well said
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 PM

I would rather spend money on this than a 3" exhaust that pretty much cost the same with very little to zero performance gain.

On topic would phenolic spacers still fit with this piece?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor

I would rather spend money on this than a 3" exhaust that pretty much cost the same with very little to zero performance gain.

On topic would phenolic spacers still fit with this piece?
They should, I dont see why not, it would shift our manifold the exact same as the stock one. They are only about a 1/2" thick.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nfamous60
Very well stated in an over all picture of this product. Thank you
Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM

^^^ anytime im looking forward to my purchase. still deciding color...smh
Old 10-25-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It would be nice if it had proper accessory mounting points, such as for the fuel line pulse dampener, solenoid, etc. The way it is in that picture, the pulse dampener will beginning rubbing/tapping loosely the IM.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:37 PM

maybe some fine tuning done b4 shipping out they did say it was a prototype.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep. Hope they do.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:50 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by Stamina
It would be nice if it had proper accessory mounting points, such as for the fuel line pulse dampener, solenoid, etc. The way it is in that picture, the pulse dampener will beginning rubbing/tapping loosely the IM.

No. They isn't anything rubbing/tapping on the manifold, been on my car for 7months now without one problem. In the first post, it was stated that the DI Fuel line (Dampener) will need to be adjusted a tad for fitment.

The solenoid can be mounted anywhere the owner chooses to put it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!