Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Complete Cars (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/complete-cars-101/)
-   -   For Sale OH:2008 ss/tc metalic blue (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/complete-cars-101/oh-2008-ss-tc-metalic-blue-227826/)

lil-red-89 09-13-2010 07:50 PM

OH:2008 ss/tc metalic blue

I recently purchased this car from.a private owner the only.reason im selling it is because i recently found out i have a child due soon and clearly the SS is not a baby carrier and i would rather see it go.to someone who's child wont destroy it lol.

As of now:
48,000 miles
10,000 on motor
11,000 on trans.
The engine was replaced by GM in april and the trans was replaced in march. Both were general caused reasons and were replaced before i bought the car.

Mods:
zzp. Catless downpipe with secondary o2 hung
muffler delete i stil have the muffler if someone wants it or wants me to replace it before they buy it
ceramic front pads

Asking 14500$ ill have pics up later tonight no rust or dents or dings.

Any questions text anytime. 440-813-9879 anthony

lil-red-89 09-13-2010 09:29 PM

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...6-29223824.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...6-29202906.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...6-30140905.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5.../3amigos-2.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5.../3amigos-3.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...7a/soclean.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...racer7a/SS.jpg

Slippy 09-13-2010 09:42 PM

sexy ass color! glws!

soundjunky 09-13-2010 09:46 PM

the name of the colour is Imperial Blue Mettalic

GLWS!

lil-red-89 09-13-2010 10:31 PM

Yeah i love the color i haven't seen any other ss. Of my color so it was main reason for picking it up...

pookie025 09-13-2010 10:32 PM

dont like the brakes...

mrgrinch 09-13-2010 10:34 PM

wtf are you selling your car for tony?? the bmw u got making you want to get rid of the Cobalt??? i dont think we can be lovers anymore!!!

wheres the dislike button on the bitch??

lil-red-89 09-13-2010 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by mrgrinch (Post 5228827)
wtf are you selling your car for tony?? the bmw u got making you want to get rid of the Cobalt??? i dont think we can be lovers anymore!!!

wheres the dislike button on the bitch??

o trust me i want to keep it buddy! but the whole fact im having a kid kinda kills the whole 2dr car....i love this car to death never had any problems hell shaun heres your chance to have a TRUE SS!!! buy mine and sell your fake SS

lil-red-89 09-13-2010 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by pookie025 (Post 5228824)
dont like the brakes...

i dont like you lol no jk um the kid i got it from was a total douche i just really havent had the motivation to change the color ive just been driving it and enjoying it while i can!

mrgrinch 09-13-2010 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by lil-red-89 (Post 5228894)
o trust me i want to keep it buddy! but the whole fact im having a kid kinda kills the whole 2dr car....i love this car to death never had any problems hell shaun heres your chance to have a TRUE SS!!! buy mine and sell your fake SS

Shit Son! Mines a true SS just N/A.... Come end of winter that'll be no more, in the works of buying a SC kit, but need to get a winter beater first.. that and debating if i want SC, still thinking TC is the way i wanna go... I still wanna stick with my original plans and boost my 2.4L. Getting to the point of oweing just enough that buying a different one would be dumb.

Only thing that would be "fake" SS about mine would be the seats and boost and a couple other odd things... can get those things for less than it would cost to get a new one and it would be original.. gotta remember i'm to original SS owner around this neck of the woods, if i wasn't for me none of you would own one!! you're welcome for turning Greg onto them, thus turning you guys onto them. ;)

soundjunky 09-14-2010 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by mrgrinch (Post 5228910)
... that and debating if i want SC, still thinking TC is the way i wanna go...

right now I'm a big advocate of getting a car to start out with which best suits your plans;
the only variables are cost of purchase or what you already have.

if you want a boosted car, get a boosted car - you're going to spend a couple grand on a decent bossted setup after it's all done anyway...

If you take into account the value of what you currently own (assuming you own a 06-07 SS/2.4), and the value of a same year (or older) SS/SC - you might be ahead selling the 2.4 car and buying a SC car;
the couple grand in value between an n/a vs SC car is (imho) well worth it in the additional parts you get in the higher level car...

but like I said, that's my opinion - and it just happens to be an opinion which a couple key locals haven't been too receptive to.

:poke:

there's a reason why I never bought an n/a, or even a SC car... for he last couple years I was holding out.
(no, really I was!; iirc it was the april 2006 issue of High Performance Pontiac which announced the Solstice GXP, and alluded to plans of the LNF being forth coming in the Cobalt)

mrgrinch 09-14-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky (Post 5229347)
right now I'm a big advocate of getting a car to start out with which best suits your plans;
the only variables are cost of purchase or what you already have.

if you want a boosted car, get a boosted car - you're going to spend a couple grand on a decent bossted setup after it's all done anyway...

If you take into account the value of what you currently own (assuming you own a 06-07 SS/2.4), and the value of a same year (or older) SS/SC - you might be ahead selling the 2.4 car and buying a SC car;
the couple grand in value between an n/a vs SC car is (imho) well worth it in the additional parts you get in the higher level car...

but like I said, that's my opinion - and it just happens to be an opinion which a couple key locals haven't been too receptive to.

:poke:

there's a reason why I never bought an n/a, or even a SC car... for he last couple years I was holding out.
(no, really I was!; iirc it was the april 2006 issue of High Performance Pontiac which announced the Solstice GXP, and alluded to plans of the LNF being forth coming in the Cobalt)

Believe me i want an LNF, but the extra payments (adding 2-3 more yrs to my loan). with the lil $ i have seen my buddy put in his LNF and the HP gains i forsure want one, if i could get a good price on one. But i want Silver or White, won't own another dark color car if i have to buy another one. They do look slutty clean tho.

Bump for a good guy, HELP SUPPORT A NEW LIFE, BUY A CAR!!!

lil-red-89 09-14-2010 10:37 AM

Thanks shaun

Dart_SI 09-14-2010 11:13 AM

bah. blue was the color i REALLY wanted. but i had to settle for black. lol. glws

lil-red-89 09-14-2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dart_SI (Post 5229797)
bah. blue was the color i REALLY wanted. but i had to settle for black. lol. glws

Sell yours buy mine lol

soundjunky 09-14-2010 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by lil-red-89 (Post 5228387)
I recently purchased this car from.a private owner the only.reason im selling it is because i recently found out i have a child due soon and clearly the SS is not a baby carrier and i would rather see it go.to someone who's child wont destroy it lol.

After following this thread for a little while I figured I'd post up a bit for you to ponder on.

If you look around, you will notice that many people use cars like Cavaliers, Tercels & what not for DD when they have a kid.

our cars do have anchors on the rear dash for child seats - and actually can accommodate them...

my brother was in your exact shoes about a year ago February (that's '09);
he was driving his Fiero, and his wife was driving their '01 Cavalier;
they figured that the cavalier was too small for a child seat, and undertook buying a bigger 2nd vehicle - eventually selling his fiero, and he started driving the Cavalier.
I'd wager for the last year at least 50% of the time they still use the cavalier for lugging the kid around!?

Compacts like Cavaliers & Cobalts aren't what the mass consumerism-bent media would have you believe is a doable car for a young family, but in fact it can be made to work just fine.

if you don't believe me, maybe you should post up - I'm sure at least a handful of people here use their Cobalt for lugging the kid around - I know for certain one local (who posts here) who does...

basically, if you really want to sell your car and get something bigger, it's your call - but I'd encourage you to not take a hit on selling it just to get a "family car" that you have been made to believe that you are in need of.

lil-red-89 09-14-2010 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by soundjunky (Post 5230028)
After following this thread for a little while I figured I'd post up a bit for you to ponder on.

If you look around, you will notice that many people use cars like Cavaliers, Tercels & what not for DD when they have a kid.

our cars do have anchors on the rear dash for child seats - and actually can accommodate them...

they figured that the cavalier was too small for a child seat, and undertook buying a bigger 2nd vehicle - eventually selling his fiero, and he started driving the Cavalier.
I'd wager for the last year at least 50% of the time they still use the cavalier for lugging the kid around!?

Compacts like Cavaliers & Cobalts aren't what the mass consumerism-bent media would have you believe is a doable car for a young family, but in fact it can be made to work just fine.

if you don't believe me, maybe you should post up - I'm sure at least a handful of people here use their Cobalt for lugging the kid around - I know for certain one local (who posts here) who does...

basically, if you really want to sell your car and get something bigger, it's your call - but I'd encourage you to not take a hit on selling it just to get a "family car" that you have been made to believe that you are in need of.

Its not only that but i live in a place that snows alot so awe would be nice and being that these cars come stock with 18" rims tires get pricey and tend not to do well in winter settings

soundjunky 09-14-2010 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by lil-red-89 (Post 5230079)
Its not only that but i live in a place that snows alot so awe would be nice and being that these cars come stock with 18" rims tires get pricey and tend not to do well in winter settings

umm, so do I - and my brother...
(if you don't know my location, google it; I'm roughly 3 hours north of Glacier National Park)

his larger vehicle needed to stick with the OE 19" rims - so he saw no real savings there...

there are many great winter tires out on the market now, some of the better ones that I've looked at of late (as far as tread design & what not) seem to be blizzaks, or contiwintercontacts...

I just scored a set of used Contiwintercontacs for a song...

My brother bought (iirc) blizzaks as well as rims through tire rack - and incase it matters, from the little bit of comparing I've done, tire rack even kills direct buy.

you can go down to 16 or 15" (depending on the rim) if you swap your brembos for the LT2 (or older SS) smaller front brakes...

I mean chances are if you just bought the car, that you're looking at loosing money on selling it so soon - it might be something worth talking to someone trusted about to get their opinion on - because although on the surface the Cobalt-SS does give the impression of impracticality, it can be quite a versatile & practical car...

plus how many people out there buy a car because they believe they need it for family duty - and hate the car because it's no fun/ not cool/ gutless...

just saying.

lil-red-89 09-14-2010 11:39 PM

Thanks i just can't see this being an easy task with a 2dr car...

chrisjaldin 09-14-2010 11:41 PM

nice pics together ..happy tree friends..xD

soundjunky 09-15-2010 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by lil-red-89 (Post 5231528)
Thanks i just can't see this being an easy task with a 2dr car...

fair enough, I just hate seeing anyone loose their shirt over something when there's no need - I hope you can recoup your $$ from the car.
I'm sure if you're patient you should do fine.

GLWS

lil-red-89 09-15-2010 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky (Post 5231614)
fair enough, I just hate seeing anyone loose their shirt over something when there's no need - I hope you can recoup your $$ from the car.
I'm sure if you're patient you should do fine.

GLWS

Yeah im in no hurry just seeing what people have have to offer...

mrgrinch 09-15-2010 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by soundjunky (Post 5230028)

No need in driving the Cobalt in the snow, shits just going to rust and be shitty after a winter or 2... with the salt they put down around here car bodies go quick. if you want a nice car and want to keep it that way. don't drive it in the winter!

And as far as lugging a kid around in one of these things, the interior would be fucked just as quick. If i were to have a kid there would be no way in hell i ride around with it in the Cobalt, seats would be screwed before long. Kids are messy no way around that.

averagewhiteboy 09-15-2010 12:22 PM

That's a dope ass color.

soundjunky 09-15-2010 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by mrgrinch (Post 5232380)
And as far as lugging a kid around in one of these things, the interior would be fucked just as quick.

um that would be presuming your kid is out of control, or you are unwilling/unable to clean your car...

Originally Posted by mrgrinch (Post 5232380)
If i were to have a kid there would be no way in hell i ride around with it in the Cobalt, seats would be screwed before long. Kids are messy no way around that.

face the facts, as much as we (hopefully) like our cars, they're just cars, and low end cars at that;
A friend bought an '08 LT2 (couldn't get an SS or sport at the time), and has had a kid in the back from day #1 - his car is holding up just fine.

Eventually all these cars are going to be seen as expendable econo-boxes - and based on the piss-poor survival rate of cars like the Citation X-11's, Beretta GTU/GTZ's, Omni GLH (or FWD Dodge Shelby anything) - I say enjoy your car, make good use of it and don't treat it like it's made of glass;
Even if something does break, you can always repair or replace the damaged parts - and IMHO, if you don't use the car as it was intended to be used you cannot possibly enjoy it to the fullest...