Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Lost all clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost all clutch

So I bought a 2007 cobalt LT five speed and the guy replaced the clutch as far as I know but I don’t know if he replaced The slave cylinder or not I didn’t realize that my reservoir was running dry car ran fine all day then lost all power to the clutch and now have nothing I filled the reservoir back up and pumped the **** out of the clutch to try and prime it. having a problem Cracking the bleeder open and don’t want to risk breaking it. Is there any other ideas that I could use? The clutch has regular pedal resistance but the reservoir is not moving at all pushing the clutch in. It is wet on the bottom of the tranny mount so does that mean that my slave cylinder is bad possible pinhole Below the bleeder somewhere where it won’t pressurize maybe? Can smell clutch dust a lil bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-14-2020, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
If its leaking out of the window on the bottom of the bellhousing, thats probably from the slave/tob. If its not leaking from there then you probably just need to bleed it since you let it go empty.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After Bleed

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000
If its leaking out of the window on the bottom of the bellhousing, thats probably from the slave/tob. If its not leaking from there then you probably just need to bleed it since you let it go empty.

I bled the **** outta it today, still nothing. I did notice when bleeding that the bleeder line going into the bell housing has like 1/4-1/2 inch of play. Now this is my first standard I’ve had to work on but I’m pretty sure not supposed to have any play there. Could this be best possible answer for problem? And if so how should I go about starting to fix problem? I have video clip of the play at the bleeder but idk if I could upload it here.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:20 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by Donald Gibbs
I bled the **** outta it today, still nothing. I did notice when bleeding that the bleeder line going into the bell housing has like 1/4-1/2 inch of play. Now this is my first standard I’ve had to work on but I’m pretty sure not supposed to have any play there. Could this be best possible answer for problem? And if so how should I go about starting to fix problem? I have video clip of the play at the bleeder but idk if I could upload it here.
Did you ever discover where it is leaking? Does fluid pump out when you open the bleeder nipple?