Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

f40 flywheel install

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
f40 flywheel install

Ok this is a dumb question I know. I installed my f40 flywheel on my 09 ss. I had a holding tool for the flywheel but couldnt find it. Being impatient and against my better judgement I installed it without it and just held back on it with my hand. I have a digital torque wrench that measures everything to include degrees. It wasn't bad to hold back for the 39ft lbs but it was kind of tough for the 25 degrees. it was slipping a bit but I still managed to make the wrench beep. Now that it is done Im wondering if I really hit true torque being that it wasn't just a solid turn. I know digital torque wrenches work different than a clicker in the way that they measure so I was thinking I am ok. Im just not sure. Basically this is a what would you do question. Im not against buying all new bolts and a new tool and doing it again although I would rather not. I did use blue lock tite on the bolts as well. I should have just took the trip to buy a new tool and have been done. Any opinions?

Also a question on Lining up the f40 clutch disc with the tool zzp provided, I have it so the tool basically falls in and out, only thing is if I rotate the tool 180 and slide it in it is tougher but goes in. Cant understand why.

Thanks for the help