Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/)
-   -   CMasters clutch still having problems shifting (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/cmasters-clutch-still-having-problems-shifting-37028/)

srt-killer 11-01-2006 02:01 PM

CMasters clutch still having problems shifting

I have had my stage 3 clutch in now for about 3 months and i still can't shift at high rpm's. If i try to shift it won't gointo gear, i have to hold it there until the rpms fall then it slides into gear. Has any one heard of anything that might solve this problem? The only things ive heard is that the stock lines expand and don't hold the pressure, the other is that the slave cylinder doesn't hold enough pressure. I need help now. Thanks

srt-killer 11-01-2006 02:42 PM

Any one?

06blackg85ss 11-01-2006 03:26 PM

welcome to the club

srt-killer 11-01-2006 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
welcome to the club

Do you have the same problem?

06blackg85ss 11-01-2006 04:12 PM

my friend does....

srt-killer 11-01-2006 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
my friend does....

Does he have the same clutch as me? C/A hasn't found anything to solve this problem?

djt81185 11-01-2006 07:06 PM

welcome tot he cm club...my fx400 does the same thing...told me its my fault...then why do a bunch of other cars have same problem...?

zinner 11-01-2006 11:59 PM

Isn't the issue air in the hydralics line because bleeding the clutch the normal way doesn't work.

Shortbus 11-02-2006 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by zinner
Isn't the issue air in the hydralics line because bleeding the clutch the normal way doesn't work.

Exactly, thats why i had to take my clutch and flywheel out, you have to reverse bleed this car, you cant just let it drain out, there is air, and bubbles in the lines most likely.

slacker 11-02-2006 12:24 AM

I will let you know next week have a fx400 6 puck & billet flywheel going in with Adj cam gears

CobaltPerformanceParts 11-02-2006 12:58 AM

Make sure your lines are bled properly. Did you resurface your flywheel before you installed? I dont have my docs with me right now but does the cmaster kits require a different stepping then stock when you resurface.

2K5SS/SC? 11-02-2006 08:01 AM

Bleeding the clutch is a royal PITA on this car. Mityvac is about the only way to do it. On top of that, I wish somone would make a stainless steel braided clutch line to replace our cheap ass line.

06blackg85ss 11-02-2006 08:35 AM

I get to do this agin friday night... but with a stock clutch... but yeah pretty much everyone I know with an fx-400 seems to have the exact same problem.. we even had one dealer installed and still the same thing

2K5SS/SC? 11-02-2006 04:28 PM

Seriously, I don't have an issue with mine except with 3rd gear. I think it's my linkage or shift assembly though because I can get into all my other gear easily at high rpms.

***Attention Vendors*** Source or have a stainless steel clutch line made for us please! I bet this alone would solve a lot of issues we have, just like the infamous Lotus red clutch line.

StinkBOMB 11-02-2006 04:30 PM

^^I haven't had any problems with my clutch. I think when they pulled the tranny it messed with my linkages a little and I'm too lazy to adjust them. But in and out of all gears fine with a little resistance on Rewind ever now and then. Like you said, I think I just need to adjust my linkages a little. Axle seals on the other hand......

Xenozx 11-02-2006 05:19 PM

Sorry to Hijack, but like Who did you guys have install your clutch? IM in a debate that if I need to have my clutch replace if I should take it to my Dealer and have them install it (cant even tell when a spark plug is bad) or take it to a dedicated Tranny shop and have them put it in? I would assume a tranny shop would be more versed in a clutch install as thats all they do right? How would that work warranty wise? Like I have a well known tranny shop put in my clutch, if my tranny goes later on down the road, GM cant void my warrantly for that can they?

StinkBOMB 11-02-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Xenozx
Sorry to Hijack, but like Who did you guys have install your clutch? IM in a debate that if I need to have my clutch replace if I should take it to my Dealer and have them install it (cant even tell when a spark plug is bad) or take it to a dedicated Tranny shop and have them put it in? I would assume a tranny shop would be more versed in a clutch install as thats all they do right? How would that work warranty wise? Like I have a well known tranny shop put in my clutch, if my tranny goes later on down the road, GM cant void my warrantly for that can they?

A tranny shop would probably be a good place to have it done. However your warranty is still done. My stealership told me if I put an aftermarket clutch on the car my tranny warranty was done. Alot of people will wave the Magnusson Moss act around and say it isn't so. The fact of the matter is you have to be a really good bull shitter to get any warranty work done after you mod, or have a really awesome dealership. If you don't meet either of those criteria just make sure you can afford to pay to play.

srt-killer 11-03-2006 10:06 AM

I got my clutch installed at the dealer. They left it on a machiene bleeding for about 2hr and still the same problem!

srt-killer 11-03-2006 12:29 PM

Does any one know of a copany that makes hydrolic replacement lines for us?

SStud 11-04-2006 04:09 PM

Comming up on 4 months for mine with bleeding the clutch everyday for almost three weeks. Still can't get into gear in the higher RPM's. It was a dealer install also. I'm having mine taken to a tranny shop to see if they can shim the clutch or flywheel. It sucks though because they are about two weeks behind so it'll be a while before they can get to mine.

theBLUEone 11-05-2006 10:23 PM

It's definitly the CM clutches... I had a FX300 installed never worked lines bled and still no-go... They re-installed the stock clutch and re-bled the lines and it works perfectly...

StinkBOMB 11-05-2006 10:28 PM

Guess I got lucky.

srt-killer 11-06-2006 11:39 AM

When i contacted Clutch Masters about this they said they havn't heard of any problems with there clutch's. They said it shouldn't mader what rpm you shift at, if the clutch works at 3k then it should work at 7k ect. They said that it must be the tranny not their clutch......This is BS!:cussing:

djt81185 11-06-2006 11:42 AM

total bs...the fores on an object go up exponentiall as the rpm's gain. Hell they told me when i called em once that they treat the high rpm clutches with a different material to help em work better at high rpms...yay CM...

srt-killer 11-06-2006 11:52 AM

They should relize that there is a problem with their clutch's and recall them!