Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/)
-   -   ESC Problems (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/esc-problems-246339/)

cranemaster 03-31-2011 12:24 AM

ESC Problems

Ok, so this is like the millionthhhthth thing to go wrong on my lemon.. I mean cobalt :P

Its a 2010 TC

At first

My 'service ESC' light will come on randomly as im driving.

Follow by 'shutting off/ disabling?? ESC' message.

It would come on, disable. And all I needed to do was turn off my car and back on.

Now

It has progressed to saying "Service ESC" no matter what, but the ESC is on and active.

Anyone have any guesses before I bring it in? I had a similar problem with 'service airbag' light coming on (and it still does).. but they couldnt/wouldnt do anything about it as they cannot accurately replicate that problem.

The ESC issue on the otherhand, replicates itself often as I explained above.

I had a problem with my car shutting off completely, and then seconds later turning on and going into limp mode. The dealership couldnt figure it out, I finally figured it out MYSELF (it was a loose fuse near the battery in the trunk)... ANYHOW.. when this car turning on and off stuff happened im wondering if anything else could have gotten messed up...

Garret 03-31-2011 12:26 AM

I pop the service airbag one occasionally, and the service tire monitor one. You gotta learn to let shit go with these cars.

However I have never popped the service esc one, warranty

O9cobaltSS 03-31-2011 12:29 AM

nothing to help you but i have had the service esc and abs light come on before then it went off and never came back ::knockonwood::

black08SS-TC 03-31-2011 09:52 AM

Hey man have u installed hids in ur headlights? Andis it just ur light like does ur esc still work? Mine still does it every time my headlights come on! All it is on mine is a voltage spike in the system from my ballest I think cause they r old!! And my esc and traction still works properly

cranemaster 03-31-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by black08SS-TC (Post 5673512)
Hey man have u installed hids in ur headlights? Andis it just ur light like does ur esc still work? Mine still does it every time my headlights come on! All it is on mine is a voltage spike in the system from my ballest I think cause they r old!! And my esc and traction still works properly

Yeah its still functions correctly, the light is on.

But I havent noticed any corrilation with the lights or anything else im doing with my car. My cobalt is bone stock at this moment:bye:

soundjunky 03-31-2011 06:28 PM

I have read of threads here similar to this - I think that last time I read this it was related to hubs, or something in the brakes being out of spec...

black08SS-TC 03-31-2011 07:02 PM

well it was making me go crazy man. i took it to the dealer and the code it was poping up had no meaning they called gm tec and they didnt even know what was going on, go to the dealer and have them put there computer on it and see to be sure..

TCguy 03-31-2011 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 5673023)
I pop the service airbag one occasionally, and the service tire monitor one. You gotta learn to let shit go with these cars.

Aint that the truth! :lol:

O9cobaltSS 04-07-2011 08:00 PM

OP update?? u bring it in and get it looked at?

Chevycobaltss3 04-07-2011 08:04 PM

Had this issue cause by a steering angle sensor that gm broke when instlling my steering motor.

O9cobaltSS 04-07-2011 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3 (Post 5692444)
Had this issue cause by a steering angle sensor that gm broke when instlling my steering motor.

that dosent surprise me that they broke it lol

tommyk 04-08-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 5673023)

I have the same thing, and I have had the ESC one come on a few times. It has even come on while autox'ing and ESC was turned off....