Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/)
-   -   Exedy Hyper Single Clutch question (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/exedy-hyper-single-clutch-question-106436/)

Death Dealer 04-12-2008 12:47 AM

Exedy Hyper Single Clutch question

i Just got this installed and i can deff tell a difference. The Clutch pedal is much stiffer, which im not sure is a good thing. But my main question is when drivin he car on the highway i hear a nose. Im not sure how to explain it but it sounds like when your driving with the Windows cracked open a little and the air comes in. Just wanted to know if you guys had that problem

stg2ss 04-12-2008 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Death Dealer (Post 2195609)
i Just got this installed and i can deff tell a difference. The Clutch pedal is much stiffer, which im not sure is a good thing. But my main question is when drivin he car on the highway i hear a nose. Im not sure how to explain it but it sounds like when your driving with the Windows cracked open a little and the air comes in. Just wanted to know if you guys had that problem

im getting mine installed hopefully next week, did you or someone else install it

Death Dealer 04-12-2008 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by stg2ss (Post 2195612)
im getting mine installed hopefully next week, did you or someone else install it

i had a shop do it

06blackg85ss 04-12-2008 07:26 AM

shit haven't had mine installed yet, but maybe it wasn't fully bled out... it takes forever on these cars to bleed the clutch.
How you like it btw... mines still sitting in the closet waiting to have a day off so I can have the car down to do it.

BlackSS/SC 04-12-2008 11:11 AM

Mine makes noise when slipping the clutch a bit. It's more of a moaning noise. Been that way since it was new. Works awsome though!

qwikredline 04-12-2008 03:39 PM

that noise is probaly the agressive clutch lining as you slip the clutch, kinda like race brake pads on a rotor

2K5SS/SC? 04-12-2008 06:34 PM

If the clutch is working fine and properly disengaging, and you had the slave cylinder replaced when you did it then it is what is reffered to as "Chatter."

Racing style 6 puck clutches make this noise because they are not a solid disk, but 6 pucks cutting through the air. Sort of similar to a helicopters blades if you will. Thus, you will get a small sound from it. This is completely normal. :twothumbs

I bet the old calf is getting a workout, but you'll get used to it soon enough and love it! :)

Death Dealer 04-13-2008 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC? (Post 2197561)
If the clutch is working fine and properly disengaging, and you had the slave cylinder replaced when you did it then it is what is reffered to as "Chatter."

Racing style 6 puck clutches make this noise because they are not a solid disk, but 6 pucks cutting through the air. Sort of similar to a helicopters blades if you will. Thus, you will get a small sound from it. This is completely normal. :twothumbs

I bet the old calf is getting a workout, but you'll get used to it soon enough and love it! :)

Well it sounds like what your talking about. But I hear the sound when I'm driving and I take my foot off the gas. It makes like a sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound

transam1998 04-15-2008 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Death Dealer (Post 2200520)
Well it sounds like what your talking about. But I hear the sound when I'm driving and I take my foot off the gas. It makes like a sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound

I get the same noises with my SPEC stage 3+ My fix will be to make my exhaust loud enough to drown it out. :lol:

Death Dealer 04-15-2008 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by transam1998 (Post 2207440)
I get the same noises with my SPEC stage 3+ My fix will be to make my exhaust loud enough to drown it out. :lol:

There has to be something that can be done about this

Kaisoboy 04-15-2008 01:47 PM

That's just what happens with performance. My Spec 3, 6 puck will moan if I dont let it warm up. When driving there is a sound that I can best discribe as sort of a rattle. only happens on decel or is just more noticable then. It also happened with my CM FX400 I had in before.

All is normal my friend.

2K5SS/SC? 04-16-2008 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Death Dealer (Post 2207868)
There has to be something that can be done about this

Nope, that's just the nature of 6 puck clutches. ;) You think that sounds horrible, you should hear what a twin disk clutch setup sounds like! The noise will make you cringe the first time you hear it! :lol:

distillion 04-16-2008 07:23 AM

i love the clutch.
i coudnt care less on the noises it makes.
it works flawless and feels great, thats all that matters to me :)

Death Dealer 04-16-2008 08:54 AM

hmmmm, ok i guess