Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

F35 Transmission brand new with LSD for $1905.00

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F35 Transmission brand new with LSD for $1905.00

F35 Transmission Brand New with LSD for $1905.00

Click Here
Old 07-06-2006, 10:41 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Something wrong there because the transmission is alot more money and your link comes up transaxle not transmission. Now click on engine.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Something wrong there because the transmission is alot more money and your link comes up transaxle not transmission. Now click on engine.
Why would it have with Limited slip and without dude?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:22 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by j4s0nmuzik
Why would it have with Limited slip and without dude?
dude, why they would call a transmission a tranaxle would be a better question? They are the professional sellers right?
Now just because a Quaife LSD costs $1450. doesn't mean you can't get the whole thing for another $500. but when things seem out of place with an online business they don't get my money.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Victory, Call them. it is the SC transmission with LSD. I thought the same thing. I would ask as well how can the G85 package include LSD and Recarros installed for $1500 when the LSD is $1500 from Quafie and the LSD costs 5590CDN from GM. Oh buy the way Transaxle is a transmission. just denotes that the transmission shafts run parallel to the axle shafts. Transaxle is short for TRANSAXLE Transmission. But I would think you would know that but from your posts I could tell.

How the engine coming along - please give us an update! Thanks
Old 07-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Banned

Front drive can be found in the classic model of 1929 Cord. But, the immensely popular latest configuration is found on the 1959 model of Mini. The man behind this great development was Sir Alec Issigonis.

He positioned the small engine transversely, below the hood. The transmission and differential mounted on one unit is known as Transaxle. This transaxle was installed underneath and at the engines rear side. Certain front drivers have drive trains that are mounted longitudinally-front-to-rear and all the components are mounted on upfront. In order to propel and steer the front wheel, they are attached with axle half shafts through the complex universal joints also known as constant velocity joints. When it is propelled, power will be transmitted.

The function of transaxle is quite similar to transmission. But, there is one difference between them. It is not connected through a long drive shaft to the rear axle, the output shaft of transmission drive or a large gear meshing with ring gear of differential. On the other hand, differential is placed in transaxle housing, parallel to transmission. When power is applied, it gets distributed by differential within the two front wheels through half shafts.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Banned

dude, why they would call a transmission a tranaxle would be a better question? They are the professional sellers right?
Now just because a Quaife LSD costs $1450. doesn't mean you can't get the whole thing for another $500. but when things seem out of place with an online business they don't get my money.
Sorry I am not being an ass but I googled the definition of Transaxle it is a transmission, for someone who is getting alot done to their car, you sure aren't up on your definitions.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:51 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by ssnipes
Victory, Call them. it is the SC transmission with LSD. I thought the same thing. I would ask as well how can the G85 package include LSD and Recarros installed for $1500 when the LSD is $1500 from Quafie and the LSD costs 5590CDN from GM. Oh buy the way Transaxle is a transmission. just denotes that the transmission shafts run parallel to the axle shafts. Transaxle is short for TRANSAXLE Transmission. But I would think you would know that but from your posts I could tell.

How the engine coming along - please give us an update! Thanks
The engine is basically sitting on a stand stripped down so that the design of the twincharged system\turbo header can be completed. Until the company doing that is done, JBP can't begin to put it back together. This is the slow part of the process but I am told that the middle of August the engine will be ready to ship back to me. Now there is a really cool development as far as cooling the exhaust before it goes to the intake but for now that's still hush hush.
For the other LSJ guys the JBP equal lenghth header was designed in large part with my engine sitting on that same stand. It is really crazy looking.
My transmission gets the Quaife LSD installed next week and some other goodies will be arriving over the next 2 weeks.
Before long I will need to sell some parts that are becoming redundant with other improvements taking their place.
I am also looking into some appearance changes but for these I am working on getting some sponsorships because I rather pay for the power.
Now again how they can sell a F35 w\LSD for $1905 really makes me scratch my head and if this was a month ago before I paid $1445.US for my Quaife I would have liked that price.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:56 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by j4s0nmuzik
Sorry I am not being an ass but I googled the definition of Transaxle it is a transmission, for someone who is getting alot done to their car, you sure aren't up on your definitions.
I don't think your being an ass, just like I don't think I know it all. I am learning stuff about my car everyday and most of what I learn costs me more money.
There are many people on this forum who know way more than I do and I usually ask them questions so I can learn. So if I hear a term I am not familar with I may stick my foot in my mouth, but I will have that foot out of my mouth in time to push down my gas pedal when the time comes.

ps Thanks for that write up.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now again how they can sell a F35 w\LSD for $1905 really makes me scratch my head and if this was a month ago before I paid $1445.US for my Quaife I would have liked that price.
Thanks for the update!

As far as for the Transmission this is old hat. I have known about for at least a month or more. But hey a gear change would be nice. I would like a longer first gear and a shorter second. but after your done first sounds like it will be a bich and second is going to be about right.

I plan on ordering the transmission through a US counter part and go down, have it installed then come back. just leave the old tranny behind. and sell it off ebay and get them to ship it out. simple.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:05 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by ssnipes
Thanks for the update!

As far as for the Transmission this is old hat. I have known about for at least a month or more. But hey a gear change would be nice. I would like a longer first gear and a shorter second. but after your done first sounds like it will be a bich and second is going to be about right.

I plan on ordering the transmission through a US counter part and go down, have it installed then come back. just leave the old tranny behind. and sell it off ebay and get them to ship it out. simple.
Are you saying that you could have saved me money and you knew about this $1905. Transaxle all along Well **** happens
Old 07-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Banned

Such is life, now if I could just get the Recaros from these people I would be in business, sure it cost me more then double to get the damn G85 Package but oh well, you live and you learn.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:24 AM

If you get the GM discount, you can buy an LSD trans for about $1,700 (yes the entire trans with LSD from the assembly line), so that price sounds about right.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Banned

I guess I am not completely out of my mind. This eliminates one problem of taking a perfectly good transmission and hacking it to put in teh Quaife, now you have to get a shop willing to a do a transmission swap for you...... I wonder how much this would set me back?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:41 AM

Are you saying that you could have saved me money and you knew about this $1905. Transaxle all along Well **** happens
I posted this a while ago https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/lsd-kit-who-offer-19912/. Post number 22 mentions it.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:44 AM

Transmission wouldn't be that hard. I think it is cheaper to swap the trans than it is to install the LSD in the existing.

I have a friend that has a lift and a stand. I was gonna ask him and his buddies to help me out. I watched them pull the engine out of one of thier Civics in less than 30 min. ( plus it would only cost me a 24 pack )
Old 07-07-2006, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
Transmission wouldn't be that hard. I think it is cheaper to swap the trans than it is to install the LSD in the existing.

I have a friend that has a lift and a stand. I was gonna ask him and his buddies to help me out. I watched them pull the engine out of one of thier Civics in less than 30 min. ( plus it would only cost me a 24 pack )
I have the same type friends, plan on doing the same . Watched them change out a clutch on a second gen eclipse in about an hour.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:40 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Witt
I posted this a while ago https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19912. Post number 22 mentions it.
That is one post I wish I never missed. Now seeing as you found that cheap, where do I go to find a F40 transmission that is the one out of the turbo-charged Saab 9-3 Aero (the new model with the LP9 ECOtec engine) This is a six speed that should bolt up with our engine but is a 40Nm rating vs. 35Nm. Saab wants $13,000+taxes so about $2500 would be ridiculously cheap.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:15 AM

That is one post I wish I never missed. Now seeing as you found that cheap, where do I go to find a F40 transmission that is the one out of the turbo-charged Saab 9-3 Aero (the new model with the LP9 ECOtec engine) This is a six speed that should bolt up with our engine but is a 40Nm rating vs. 35Nm. Saab wants $13,000+taxes so about $2500 would be ridiculously cheap.
I'll try and contact a guy that I know. I've been meaning to ask him for a while now, but I haven't seen him. He was telling me he has orderered Viper racing trannies before for comparatively cheap. I want to know what the gearing in it is though. It might have close gears to keep the turbo spooled.

BTW they are rated F35 = 350 Nm and F40 = 400 Nm. Only a difference of about 37 ft/lbs.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:26 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
I'll try and contact a guy that I know. I've been meaning to ask him for a while now, but I haven't seen him. He was telling me he has orderered Viper racing trannies before for comparatively cheap. I want to know what the gearing in it is though. It might have close gears to keep the turbo spooled.

BTW they are rated F35 = 350 Nm and F40 = 400 Nm. Only a difference of about 37 ft/lbs.
I got those numbers in an email from GM Performance. Now I feel better when I make a mistake.. Now if the difference is only 37ft/lbs what/where do I get what I need to hold considerably more tq? I really have no desire to go to the racing automatics that Gardella and the likes use in their cars.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor

Just get the LSD and call it a day!

http://dezod.com/pd_quaife_limited.cfm
Old 07-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dezod

Nice try you guys have the best price I have seen but its unfortunate that the whole shebang of tearing out our transmission and installing the quaife would be more labor intensive then just buying the transmission complete with LSD from GM direct and saving a little money on the install, and I may attempt this myself if I can rent a hoist.'

J
Old 07-07-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dezod

If only you offered differential bearings that are needed to go with that.

Edit : I kent speel.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:56 PM

I know this has already been covered but most fwd cars are automatic or manual transaxle
Old 07-07-2006, 09:15 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by IonNinja
I know this has already been covered but most fwd cars are automatic or manual transaxle
Ya Ya Ya we have already conceded that I don't know everything

Quick Reply: F35 Transmission brand new with LSD for $1905.00