Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

OE solid filled motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OE solid filled motor mounts

I'm currently in the process of engineering a nice solid version of the OE mounts. If anyone is interested in possibly picking up any of these please let me know. Right now I've noticed that the rear mount is the most common mount to break. My best friend has a 2004 Ion Redline and that mount's shattered on him once and now it bangs really hard when he shifts. We're drag racing buddies and dont like to mess around. Our motto: "Do it once and do it right." I will have the first mount completed on tuesday and hopefully installed by then. If someone is interested in this mount or any of the others please let me know at . I will be selling the rear tranny mount all set ready to be installed with no modifications needed. It's a direct replacement for your stock mount. Send me an email with any questions, concerns, or pricing information.

Thanks Mike
Old 10-27-2005, 07:04 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the site

It's good to see a growing aftermarket for this car, but if you're going to sell products and advertise you need to register as a Supporting Vendor.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:04 PM

e-mail sent!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:45 PM

Full Details

If you want one I can sell It to you for $160.00 that includes the core charge for the mount in your car now. As long as the metal of the mount has no cracks or breaks I'll reimburse you $30.00 for that mount. So basically it's only $130.00 for the mount. I'll include shipping with that price. I can make you a mount and have it at your door by tues or wed of the following week. Right now I only have brand new mounts and they're kind of difficult to get my hands on because they're special order parts. I ordered one on saturday so It should be in by wed. and It takes approximately 3 days to make one due to proper curing and preparation. So basically right now you'd be looking at a week from wednesday to your door. Install is SO EASY it's rediculous. You need a ratchet, a 15mm socket, a jack, jack stand or something to hold the motor in place while you remove the mount and an 18 mm socket. The install didnt even take 20 minutes.
I installed the first mount and tested it out today. The mount is very ridgid. When starting the car you can feel the car shudder through the mount a little bit. It lets you know that baby is in there. On idle the car has a light vibration that I personally love cause you can feel the power of the car.
When you launch hard from a stop when the car is stock the engine shifts and lifts and when the tire spins initially the wheels hop. Wheel hop sucks and with my buddies car the wheel hop would be so bad drinks were flying out of the cupholder and I warned him of breaking axles which did not happen thank god. Well the wheel hop would continue through first to the top of the gear and when he shifted second if the clutch didn't spin the tires would hop until the tire spin matched the road traveling under them.
When we launched it after the mount the wheel hop was still there from idle up to 2500 rpms or so. Honestly he isn't that great of a driver so I checked it for myself. The wheel hop is not even half as bad as stock, and allows the car to grab traction between 2000 and 4000 rpms. after 4000 rpms it'd start spinning smoothly on the tar like it should. He shifted second and the car ripped second gear hard and smooth with ZERO wheel hop. From first to second gear after the mount I noticed ZERO BANGING when shifting hard into gear. Before It felt likt the engine was smashing the firewall. Now you can't even tell the car ever did that before It's nice and solid and just goes. When the clutch is let out in second gear the car responds instantly whereas before it would hesitate due to the power loss of the weak mount. We also did a roll from 40 mph in second. Stock the car would bang, settle then slowly take off. Now when mashing the pedal at 40 the car puts you back and pulls almost instantly about a tenth after the gas is depressed. Enough time for the supercharger to build boost and go. This is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone with these cars. It's even more impressive than I had imagined.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:52 AM

why do you want our origina; mounts?
and do you have a pic of your new one that we can see
Old 11-01-2005, 08:18 PM

working on a pic still

Working on a pic still. Got too excited and threw the mount in fast to see how well it works under the stress of the engine etc. The old mount is exactly what I use to make these. I have a special material that I use to fill the mount so that it's far superior to stock.

Mike
Old 11-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Sounds like an interesting concept. My SS/SC really slams hard from a spirited 1st to 2nd shift. I'll only be in the market once my orginal ones break though - and if the warrenty wont cover it.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:43 PM

warranty

The warranty will cover the mount. They replaced my buddies with no questions asked. I promise that if you contine to enjoy and race your ss/sc that you'll continously snap them. But that's a decision that you have to make.