Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

KY Clutch - Official Release!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:58 PM
  #301  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Well I over a 100 I know, 3-5 each week go out.
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 PM
  #302  
Banned
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: 10-24-08
Location: Vine Grove Kentucky
Posts: 12,838
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yeah.. I assumed we'll over 100.
Chevycobaltss3 is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM
  #303  
Member
 
Join Date: 05-09-11
Location: LaMarque,Tx
Posts: 228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much is the KY stage 3 after taxes?? i live in Texas if that matters.
mightymouse1975 is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:22 AM
  #304  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by mightymouse1975 View Post
how much is the KY stage 3 after taxes?? i live in Texas if that matters.
We dont charge any tax unless you are in MN.

Price is on www.TurboTechRacing.com... Order away!
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
  #305  
Member
 
Join Date: 05-09-11
Location: LaMarque,Tx
Posts: 228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry for all the questions,but last one. does that also includes shipping?? was going to go back to spec (had one on my hhrss),but clutch is begining to slip earlier than expected and that's with normal driving. the kid that had this car before me was said to drive it harsh and really couldn't drive a standard well. i saved her at 29k anyhow, hearing alot of great things about this clutch,sooo i guess i will be giving you a call in one week!!
mightymouse1975 is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 AM
  #306  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by mightymouse1975 View Post
sorry for all the questions,but last one. does that also includes shipping?? was going to go back to spec (had one on my hhrss),but clutch is begining to slip earlier than expected and that's with normal driving. the kid that had this car before me was said to drive it harsh and really couldn't drive a standard well. i saved her at 29k anyhow, hearing alot of great things about this clutch,sooo i guess i will be giving you a call in one week!!
Shipping is shown on www.TurboTechRacing.com prior to purchase/checkout. Shipping is not free, we have to pay fed ex/ups to ship these.

Also all orders are to be placed on our website, we do not accept verbal phone orders at this time.

Order sooner than later, as next week all shipping carriers get swamped, and seems like everything slows down so much!
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM
  #307  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
More shipping!
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 02:06 PM
  #308  
Member
 
Join Date: 05-09-11
Location: LaMarque,Tx
Posts: 228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just ordered mine today!!
mightymouse1975 is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
  #309  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Perfect! Thanks!
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 PM
  #310  
Member
 
Join Date: 05-09-11
Location: LaMarque,Tx
Posts: 228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing View Post
Perfect! Thanks!
it came in today!!

i really don't plan on going big turbo,unless my stocker craps out. just with the mods i have, my tranny shouldbe fine...right?? i have grown old of hard core "street racing" and i only race my bike at the track... i like to get on it every now and then on the hwy if one wants to play. my concern came when i saw recently saw a post stating a too aggresive clutch could damage a tranny. any truth to this??
mightymouse1975 is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 10:45 AM
  #311  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Awesome!

With 100's sold, of KY and many other brands of clutch kits sold, I dont believe it.

Just as many people with stock clutch kits blow their tranny as aftermarket clutch kits. It is not the clutch, as it is the driver and abusing the car, or running more power through the transmission than it can take.
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 AM
  #312  
Senior Member
iTrader: (17)
 
noorj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-10
Location: motor city
Posts: 2,750
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is KY's recommended break in procedure? For some reason I remember hearing city only driving of approx 500 miles, is this correct?


I'm asking because I need to drive back to school (250 miles all highway) and I'm just wondering what I should try to do before the drive, thanks!
noorj is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 12:08 AM
  #313  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-14-09
Location: New Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 2,280
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noorjariri View Post
what is KY's recommended break in procedure? For some reason I remember hearing city only driving of approx 500 miles, is this correct?

I'm asking because I need to drive back to school (250 miles all highway) and I'm just wondering what I should try to do before the drive, thanks!
You really should be doing city driving with plenty of shifting...not highway
Erick161 is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 12:19 AM
  #314  
Senior Member
iTrader: (17)
 
noorj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-10
Location: motor city
Posts: 2,750
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Erick161 View Post
You really should be doing city driving with plenty of shifting...not highway
that's why I was asking, I have a solid 2 weeks before I need to do the drive so i guess ill just be driving around the city for those two weeks haha
noorj is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 01:23 AM
  #315  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-14-09
Location: New Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 2,280
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noorjariri View Post

that's why I was asking, I have a solid 2 weeks before I need to do the drive so i guess ill just be driving around the city for those two weeks haha
Yeah ive broke in a clutch before and usually the rule is no WOT, no hard launches, keep the revs on the lower side. Just as precautions.
Erick161 is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 05:00 PM
  #316  
Member
 
Join Date: 05-09-11
Location: LaMarque,Tx
Posts: 228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just broke mine in (i hope lol) have almost 800mi. mine is a mix if hwy and city. the shop that put mine in gave me some advise. try to use the slow lane and drive 60 and every now and then going in 4th just to get some shifts in.
mightymouse1975 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 AM
  #317  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Thanks for all the recent orders!
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:29 AM
  #318  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-29-08
Location: quebec city
Posts: 1,405
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noorjariri View Post
what is KY's recommended break in procedure? For some reason I remember hearing city only driving of approx 500 miles, is this correct?


I'm asking because I need to drive back to school (250 miles all highway) and I'm just wondering what I should try to do before the drive, thanks!
500 miles of highway is not good

500 miles of stop and go ll be much better. i know it is boring
huckernage is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:14 PM
  #319  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Agreed more light start stop and go is better for a break in.
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:11 PM
  #320  
Member
 
Join Date: 05-09-11
Location: LaMarque,Tx
Posts: 228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol highway miles are not "bad" for the clutch. it's just that hwy miles won't break the clutch in right. someone might take that literally and will be scared to drive the car on the hwy. because of work,i travel roughly 10 miles of hwy and 7miles city one way.i waited till a little of 600miles to get on mine.
mightymouse1975 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
  #321  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by mightymouse1975 View Post
lol highway miles are not "bad" for the clutch. it's just that hwy miles won't break the clutch in right. someone might take that literally and will be scared to drive the car on the hwy. because of work,i travel roughly 10 miles of hwy and 7miles city one way.i waited till a little of 600miles to get on mine.
Your right on.
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 06:25 PM
  #322  
Senior Member
iTrader: (17)
 
noorj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-10
Location: motor city
Posts: 2,750
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
break-in has begun! Loving the feel of the clutch, way smoother than stock. I'm an F23 with the KY stage 1. On a side note I paired it with the exedy lightweight flywheel as recommended by aaron and it feels amazing! Revs are smoother and faster. Thanks for the great setup TTR! I'll report back after break in
noorj is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 AM
  #323  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by noorjariri View Post
break-in has begun! Loving the feel of the clutch, way smoother than stock. I'm an F23 with the KY stage 1. On a side note I paired it with the exedy lightweight flywheel as recommended by aaron and it feels amazing! Revs are smoother and faster. Thanks for the great setup TTR! I'll report back after break in
That is a very nice setup with the Exedy Chromoly Flywheel!
TurboTechRacing is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:14 PM
  #324  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-29-08
Location: quebec city
Posts: 1,405
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is KY ll fit on ion redline
huckernage is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:41 PM
  #325  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
TurboTechRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-28-05
Location: On Here
Posts: 13,663
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by huckernage View Post
is KY ll fit on ion redline
Yes it does.
TurboTechRacing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KY Clutch - Official Release!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.